• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would hate to have to hear the rage going off all the time,sounds like a great concept for a range[/QUOTE

When I was stationed in So Cal, I rented a house about 40 yards away from the Garden Grove Hospital and Rt 22. Ambulance/siren traffic was extremely heavy 24/7. I was not in the "siren off" buffer zone. The first few days were rough but we got accustomed to the noise and hardly noticed it after that. Unfortunately, the wife ignore a siren while driving, she got a VW from the Officer for faiure to yield for emergency vehicle.
    I think the berms also help attenuate some of the noise. That will cover the noise issue.

The burms and trajectory will eliminate all but a stright up shot from landing on their property. The only thing I would offer to do is extend burm to the road to eliminate the chance of a ND on range entry/parking lot hitting neighbors property.

Properly zoned and permited. Signage with NOTICE of construction is a standard requirement before projects start. Neighbors addressing this issue of proposed use too late. We had similar neighbor issues with the Bay County Gun Range but they couldn't stop the project.

There are a lot of businesses (power lines, microwave towers, incinerators, garbage dumps, nuke plantsoil fracking and so on) that people like but don't like them in their neighborhood. They got to go somewhere.

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The way I look at if, if you don't want something (that you potentially don't want to deal with) to move in next to you, you need to buy the adjacent property... at some point, the cost will outweigh the inconvenience, and you'll either get over it, or move.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The State will probably shut them down within a year of opening. As there will be a rise in vehicle shootings on the interstate blamed from stray rounds coming from the range. Everyone that lives around there will be wanting a new paint job and will say their vehicle got hit from a stray bullet. Their insurance will be exorbitant, if it isn't already, then they'll have to shut down.
    I still say they should buy out the nay sayers. Then they'll be good to go.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking at their membership/access levels. Looks like you need deeper pockets and special hall pass to use some of it. I'll stick to mine in Bay, $10 all day, +$5 to shoot 300yd Steel. They run skeet or trap and rent shotguns but I never checked the price.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Makes you wonder what they're going to do when AR's get banned in Fl ? A huge paint-ball field and skeet range?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The State will probably shut them down within a year of opening. As there will be a rise in vehicle shootings on the interstate blamed from stray rounds coming from the range. Everyone that lives around there will be wanting a new paint job and will say their vehicle got hit from a stray bullet. Their insurance will be exorbitant, if it isn't already, then they'll have to shut down.

Remember the woman that complained about Range bullets hitting her house? LE investigated, found bullets (actually complete unfired cartridges). Salting a bit of evidence! LMAO

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It almost sounds like you are working as an agent for an antigun group. Exactly how many shootings of any sort occur on that stretch of adjacent I-10. I admit from the few photos that I have seen I am not able to understand the set up of the ranges or figure out where their 1000 yard range will be. The safety of any range depends on how many safety officers there are. What is much worse relative to safety are people that use their own land for plinking I live in the woodbine hills area of Pace, FL and we have an idiot that often likes to do magazine dumps on his land, sometime at 2 AM. I heard a month or two past he was firing at the surface of large pond on his property and did hit an adjacent house. I wish he would do his shooting at a range with a decent backstop.
    I am sorry for the holt couple due to the possible noise and traffic problems. If they are directly behind those massive berms as was stated previously the only way there is any danger would be a bullet coming right down from a shot fired directly up.
    Cracks what will they do
    Makes you wonder what they're going to do when AR's get banned in Fl ? A huge paint-ball field and skeet range?
    This sounds like to me you are not in favor in any shooting range. I do not hang out here a lot and I do not habitually read your posts. I normally do not make remarks of this sort, but these two posts of yours are frankly awful.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right to "feel safe"........ Where's that written down at?
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is while not in the constitution are in the declaration of independence. The courts have held that while the police are not responsible for the safety of one person, they are supposed to in general promote the security for society as a whole was my take on things. But the word 'feel' is not in any document that I know of.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is while not in the constitution are in the declaration of independence. The courts have held that while the police are not responsible for the safety of one person, they are supposed to in general promote the security for society as a whole was my take on things. But the word 'feel' is not in any document that I know of.

Life and Liberty; neither provided with any qualifications about safety, quiet, smells etc. You can throw out a scenario to make the point of whichever side of the argument you fall on but does the Range stop the couple from living or hindering their ability to exercise their Rights?

pursuit of happiness. PURSUIT being the operative word. It's not provided to you. You've got to go find it. You can hold it within the confines of the law but others don't have to bend to your will so that you can be (or feel) happy.

There seems to be a big push for rights that require actions on the part of others; to feel safe, to education, to healthcare, to whatever else you think you are owed.

At this point, the Range appears to be doing whatever they can to be a good neighbor and is well within the law. While the couple has been there longer, they can move if it bothers them that much. I can appreciate the NIMBY aspect but what about the, "I've got mine, you can't have yours" attitude? Buying property along 90, especially near an off ramp of I-10, and not expecting it to get developed at some point is a little naive. It could be worse, they could have had the truck stop/sales/service that popped up over by the West end of Mossy Head be their neighbors.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It almost sounds like you are working as an agent for an antigun group. Exactly how many shootings of any sort occur on that stretch of adjacent I-10. I admit from the few photos that I have seen I am not able to understand the set up of the ranges or figure out where their 1000 yard range will be. The safety of any range depends on how many safety officers there are. What is much worse relative to safety are people that use their own land for plinking I live in the woodbine hills area of Pace, FL and we have an idiot that often likes to do magazine dumps on his land, sometime at 2 AM. I heard a month or two past he was firing at the surface of large pond on his property and did hit an adjacent house. I wish he would do his shooting at a range with a decent backstop.
    I am sorry for the holt couple due to the possible noise and traffic problems. If they are directly behind those massive berms as was stated previously the only way there is any danger would be a bullet coming right down from a shot fired directly up.
    Cracks what will they do This sounds like to me you are not in favor in any shooting range. I do not hang out here a lot and I do not habitually read your posts. I normally do not make remarks of this sort, but these two posts of yours are frankly awful.

Well there you go. Glad you got your thoughts in.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty sure there several folks here that have their on agenda.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Frommer sounds like he works for the range and want to ruin those peoples peace and quiet??

The weekends when the drag strip is open next to where the range is are already extremely loud. They also have Elgin Reservation where the Ranger camp is just a couple of miles across the river valley to listen to training exercises from Army, Air Force and other units. I’m over 10 miles from it and can hear some of the exercises,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Cracks what will they do This sounds like to me you are not in favor in any shooting range. I do not hang out here a lot and I do not habitually read your posts. I normally do not make remarks of this sort, but these two posts of yours are frankly awful.

Hey Billy, I didn't realize you were anti 2A. I want all my reloading stuff back and I will NOT go to your spot to shoot with you. Ever. (wink, wink) LOL

Top Bottom