• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welsh72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know the differences between all the FEG Hungarian hi-power clones. There is the M35, PJK-9hp, and p9m...???

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I believe the m35 and hp35 are clones(the hp35 should be the exact copy of the original hi power),
    I know some models used a different locking lug/block and one went on to make further changes, and which ever model has a slide mounted decocker is actually more of a s&w model 59 copy than a hi power.
    I'm looking to find a website that has a detailed list, when I find I'll post it.

Turns out the website is gone, they turned it into a book instead.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing I recall about HiPower knockoffs was about 15 yrs at an IDPA match what was held at the then ERML a fellow did a press check on his holstered hipower and it went off in the holster. Thanks to what ever was looking over him he was not wounded. They checked the gun afterwards and it had a defect of some sort and went off without him touching trigger we were told.
    The punch line is to verify carefully the function of the safety and firecontrol systems on these off brand guns.

Woody Jones

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a couple of FEG HP clones over the years. The one that is closest to the Browning HP is the PJK-9HP. The P9M uses a different takedown lever & barrel lockup system.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a couple of FEG HP clones over the years. The one that is closest to the Browning HP is the PJK-9HP. The P9M uses a different takedown lever & barrel lockup system.

I believe you are correct on this. A few years ago I had a book on the FEG HP clones that described the differences between them. Unfortunately the book was lent to a friend and I never got it back.

Top Bottom