• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You really want to save a lot of children's lives ? Raise the age to drive to 21 . There's nothing else that will even come close to saving that many children. That's the best idea I've heard in a long time. The children themselves say they aren't mature enough to be in control of a device that can kill innocent people. Let's get behind changing current law to make this a reality and start saving the children from themselves . If I saves just one child it will be worth it.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Raise the age to possess a cell phone to 21 as well. Additionally, make all parents legally liable for any acts committed by their children under the age of 21. Let's see if we can parents to actually raise their kids for a change.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    While I agree vehicles are more dangerous than firearms, I don't think treating people like responsibility free children until their mid-20's is the answer.
    Perhaps actually teaching accountability and responsibility earlier may have a better affect on society as a whole?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I agree vehicles are more dangerous than firearms, I don't think treating people like responsibility free children until their mid-20's is the answer.
    Perhaps actually teaching accountability and responsibility earlier may have a better affect on society as a whole?

Ok fair enough, how do you plan to accomplish that goal?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't say all Tweens (13 to 21) are not responsible equivalent to their age. I will say that other then known family relatives, we only hear about the extremes at opposite ends of the scale: with more stories on the bad then the good. Generally, Tweens conduct themselves with behaviors they were raised with or allowed to develope outside parental control. These kids are the result of their social and educational (home, school & street) environments. We also see kids rise from the gutter to be doctors/ lawyers and rich kids become drug dealers/murderers: its hard to clime up hill but easy to fall down.

There were older generations that had high or low expectations for the younger generations that follow. Depending on your age and perspective, you may think the situation is going to hell or new hope is on the horizon.

I'm far more concerned about snowflakes becoming a majority and taking control then I ever was about the hippies but the educated hippies have been teaching at all levels for for decades and their Students are now teaching and replacing them (50 years +-). The results of this are clearly seen and heard which bring us back to their spawn: snowflakes!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok fair enough, how do you plan to accomplish that goal?

If I knew the answer to that, I'd tell all of you for free. I can tell you that treating a 17 year old like a 12 year old and then expecting them to act like a 30 year old on their birthday isn't it.
    I'll say it like this, how many of us heard teachers/coaches/preachers/parents tell us that high school was about having fun and making friends? You think that's how they do it in Germany, china, South Korea or India?

Top Bottom