• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As y'all know, Russian produced nerve agent was used in an attempted murder of an ex-Russian spy and his daughter living in England. The toxin also injured a police officer who tried to assist the poisoned pair. Theresa May has responded by demanding that Russia explain how one of their nerve agents was used in this crime. Russia ignored her, so she is now expelling 23 Russian agents and seizing Russian assets in England. She is also seeking additional sanctions against Russia.

Go UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSdlqwbMxk4

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The President of the United States of America needs to speak out, and demonstrate concrete action, in support of our most important ally, Great Britain.

A hostile foreign power has used a chemical weapon named Novichok-5 within their country, in violation of every treaty imaginable.

Our President's silence on this matter is inexplicable, and can only lead the Russians to believe that he will also not respond if chemical weapons are used in our country as well.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nikki Haley has called for Security Counsel sanctions against Russia because of the poisoning.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He did speak out: he said there's no reason to think Russia was behind the poisoning.

Yea he took his time on this one- Here was his initial response

Shortly after May said Russia was the likely culprit in Skripal's case, the White House called the attack "reckless, indiscriminate, and irresponsible" but declined to specifically name Russia, saying the details still needed to be sorted out. That evening, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson took a more hardline stance, saying Russia was "clearly" behind the attack. Tuesday morning, Trump fired Tillerson via Twitter.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nikki Haley has called for Security Counsel sanctions against Russia because of the poisoning.

Does this mean that Nikki Haley will be next one to leave Celebrity White House?

Or instead will it be Betsy DeVos, Ben Carson, H.R.McMaster, or David Shulkin? Maybe it will even be James Mattis? Be sure to tune in to next week's Celebrity White House and find out!

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does this mean that Nikki Haley will be next one to leave Celebrity White House?

Or instead will it be Betsy DeVos, Ben Carson, H.R.McMaster, or David Shulkin? Maybe it will even be James Mattis? Be sure to tune in to next week's Celebrity White House and find out!

You know I would say this is just plain sarcastic but sadly it is true. While I voted for Trump it was with reservations that something like this would happen. But you have to admit it is more entertaining and safer than having Hillary in charge.

Idoono

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yea he took his time on this one- Here was his initial response

Shortly after May said Russia was the likely culprit in Skripal's case, the White House called the attack "reckless, indiscriminate, and irresponsible" but declined to specifically name Russia, saying the details still needed to be sorted out. That evening, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson took a more hardline stance, saying Russia was "clearly" behind the attack. Tuesday morning, Trump fired Tillerson via Twitter.

My guess is Trump wanted to see more facts in the case before spouting off Russia was behind it. Sure on the outside looking in you would think Russia was behind it but just maybe that's what somebody wants everyone to think. Taking time to get the facts is the right thing to do IMO.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting the facts right is a good thing. Now that we are all in agreement that Russia was involved, serious actions need to be taken or Russia will continue to misbehave and continue to kill and meddle and generally be a destabilizing force against the West.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting the facts right is a good thing. Now that we are all in agreement that Russia was involved, serious actions need to be taken or Russia will continue to misbehave and continue to kill and meddle and generally be a destabilizing force against the West.

No, we're not all in agreement. I don't believe they're stupid enough to use something that could be traced right on back to them. Sounds more like Mi6 or CIA tactics.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    No, we're not all in agreement. I don't believe they're stupid enough to use something that could be traced right on back to them. Sounds more like Mi6 or CIA tactics.

I tend to agree...last time I checked, there were several "backpack" nukes missing from the old ussr, chances that someone squirelled away some nerve agents for "emergencies" are high...

and the Russians would be blamed..

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The fact that it can be traced back to Russia is consistent with Russia's past and present behavior They want to intimidate possible dissidents Plus Russia is always provoking western powers. Violation of air space flying too close to plane violation of sovereign waters blatant cyber atracks. The list goes in and on. Russia is like the bully who says " yea I did it. What are you to do about it?" Also lets not forget the former Russian spy living in England who was poisoned with a radioactive substance.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's fine....you can believe what you want but until I'm shown positive proof that the Russians are behind all the stuff they're blamed for, I'm going to go ahead with skeptical. I see no reason to antagonize a major nuclear armed nation with false allegations. I see a big political reason for the West to keep them beat down so until real proof I'm sitting on the sidelines. I believe it was Polonium used to poison the Russian spy.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so condensed down, it is always the butler that did the murder..

"Occam's razor is not an embargo against the positing of any kind of entity, or a recommendation of the simplest theory come what may. Occam's razor is used to adjudicate between theories that have already passed "theoretical scrutiny" tests and are equally well-supported by evidence. Furthermore, it may be used to prioritize empirical testing between two equally plausible but unequally testable hypotheses; thereby minimizing costs and wastes while increasing chances of falsification of the simpler-to-test hypothesis."

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm sorry, seriously?
    Seriously?

Because Russia hasn't poisoned what, how many ex-pat intel officers living in Britain over the last 10 years? Because the USA, no Mike Pompeo(our newest sec of state), has more reason than Russia to kill off their turn coats?
    Because we need more reasons to hate them? Because Syria, Ukraine, Georgia, twitter/Facebook and the elections, their overall piss poor respect for human decency aren't enough? And on top of all that Great Brittian wouldn't be able to connect those dots? Or are they in on it also, because they're tired of the untold value of intelligence and insight these russian spies bring them, they want to discourage them from seeking U.K.?

I mean, calling Putin and Russia on their shit and liking Donald Trump don't have to be mutually exclusive. If you want to defend the president by saying he didn't want to jump to conclusions thats fine. Saying HIS intelligence agency are the ones to set the whole thing up doesn't defend him though. If anything it paints him as more dangerous.

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We can’t even solve our own Domestic issues yet we believe we can chug a Red Bull and solve the worlds problems. Shaking head

Top Bottom