• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know what they cost new, just looking for something in good working order, decent overall condition and at a fair price.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Check your pawn shops. I collect Marlins and have made some pretty nice finds in pawn shops!

Checked 6 in my area but no Marlins in stock. I might check Flawda shops but don't want to wait 3 freakin days to take possession. :tongue:

BTW, my local Wally World has one in stock for $345 + tax. Didn't buy it, yet (still considering it) but fit and finish look pretty good to me.

Sound like a decent price for a "W" model?

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just remember, the local Walmart one is made by Remington. I myself won't buy anymore "Marlins" made by Remington, just not the same quality which I found out from experience.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'd sell the ammo,scope, base and rings, then sell it to Garpo for his walmart remlin price(plus tax at wmart). Of course, I would shoot the hell out of it first, so Garpo would have time to generate some Roaster money. If, of course, I had the energy left to do those sorts of things.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just remember, the local Walmart one is made by Remington. I myself won't buy anymore "Marlins" made by Remington, just not the same quality which I found out from experience.

Just curious but if I’m not a hunter, a collector and I'm someone that will probably shoot less than 500 rounds of year out of the rifle, why shy away from a 336W? I could be wrong but outside of some fit and finish issues, I haven't heard any horror stories related to the rifle's performance.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd sell the ammo,scope, base and rings, then sell it to Garpo for his walmart remlin price(plus tax at wmart). Of course, I would shoot the hell out of it first, so Garpo would have time to generate some Roaster money. If, of course, I had the energy left to do those sorts of things.

Thanks for the generous offer, Joel but I’m currently looking at a couple of Marlins that don’t have the barrels shot out in them. Shooting those concrete coated bullets will wear out those micro groves in no time.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    If you just want it as an occasional shooter, the 336W Remlin would probably be fine. I looked at one a little while back at the Pace store out of curiosity - it wasn't a nice 70s or 80s rifle, but it was okay. The wood was a bit proud of all the metal surfaces and the machining wasn't as good as an older one, but it'd probably work just fine. The 1894s are the real problem children, IMO.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Moving to a different goal. Saving my quarters to buy a Henry Big Boy Steel in .357 magnum.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom