Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local Dealer
    Because you are a smart, sophisticated man. And, at your age, you deserve to handle quality, well made firearms.

2. Likes Roaster's Gallery's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roaster's Gallery View Post
    Because you are a smart, sophisticated man. And, at your age, you deserve to handle quality, well made firearms.
    Balderdash! I'm a cheap, crude, old curmudgeon who voted for Trump and Roy Moore.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety” Ben F.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaster's Gallery View Post
    I'd sell the ammo,scope, base and rings, then sell it to Garpo for his walmart remlin price(plus tax at wmart). Of course, I would shoot the hell out of it first, so Garpo would have time to generate some Roaster money. If, of course, I had the energy left to do those sorts of things.
    Thanks for the generous offer, Joel but I’m currently looking at a couple of Marlins that don’t have the barrels shot out in them. Shooting those concrete coated bullets will wear out those micro groves in no time.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety” Ben F.

5. Likes Garpo's Post:

50 CAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Garpo View Post
    Balderdash! I'm a cheap, crude, old curmudgeon who voted for Trump and Roy Moore.
    Buy the W.....definitely buy the W.

If you just want it as an occasional shooter, the 336W Remlin would probably be fine. I looked at one a little while back at the Pace store out of curiosity - it wasn't a nice 70s or 80s rifle, but it was okay. The wood was a bit proud of all the metal surfaces and the machining wasn't as good as an older one, but it'd probably work just fine. The 1894s are the real problem children, IMO.

8. Likes Fear21's Post:

Moving to a different goal. Saving my quarters to buy a Henry Big Boy Steel in .357 magnum.