• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://weartv.com/news/local/gov-sc...ff-ashley-to-florida-public-safety-commission

Don't want to get this site investigated and/or shut down by OCSO cyber sleuths so I'll just leave the link and say this:

Here's a guy who I believe has ambitions way above anyone or anything else. And none of those ambitions has anything to do with protecting/preserving OUR gun rights. For any of you that work for him, I also know for certain that at least some of you that I've talked with do not share that view, and I sympathize with your working environment. Research Ashley's career, department practices, and how he came to power (Google Sheriff Charlie Morris arrested). One can only hope he'll be leaving for a state-level job. That'll be good for Okaloosa, good for deputies just like us, but bad for the state in general.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    People saying that there will be bloodshed. Keep an eye out for "government type vehicles"? I hope y'all know who you're going to be standing against first. For most of the people on this site it'll be ECSO, SRCSO or OCSO. It's not going to be some jackbooted Feds from the BATFE or FBI or Marshals. Not right away. Not for a while. Possibly not at all.

So does "come and take it" still apply?
    Yep. Out of all the law enforcement guys I know, I think most of them have the balls to stand down to a direct order to confiscate weapons. God help the ones who don't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    http://weartv.com/news/local/gov-sc...ff-ashley-to-florida-public-safety-commission

Don't want to get this site investigated and/or shut down by OCSO cyber sleuths so I'll just leave the link and say this:

Here's a guy who I believe has ambitions way above anyone or anything else. And none of those ambitions has anything to do with protecting/preserving OUR gun rights. For any of you that work for him, I also know for certain that at least some of you that I've talked with do not share that view, and I sympathize with your working environment. Research Ashley's career, department practices, and how he came to power (Google Sheriff Charlie Morris arrested). One can only hope he'll be leaving for a state-level job. That'll be good for Okaloosa, good for deputies just like us, but bad for the state in general.

I have voted against this pompous arrogant jerk every time!

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never voted for him either. However I do remember after the Trayvon Martin shooting that he was among a dozen or so people appointed to the Governor's "Task Force on Citizen Safety and Protection". They were to look at among other things Florida's "Stand Your Ground Law" and determine if changes were warranted. Most of the Task Force eventually recommended no changes to the law, with Ashley concurring with their conclusion. So I'll give him some credit for that.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have voted against this pompous arrogant jerk every time!

Well, that's two of us :thumb:

This guy is so against guns in the hands of anyone but LE, that I know liberals who think his views are extreme.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never voted for him either. However I do remember after the Trayvon Martin shooting that he was among a dozen or so people appointed to the Governor's "Task Force on Citizen Safety and Protection". They were to look at among other things Florida's "Stand Your Ground Law" and determine if changes were warranted. Most of the Task Force eventually recommended no changes to the law, with Ashley concurring with their conclusion. So I'll give him some credit for that.

Yeah, don't know there. When this guy first took office, he made a move to have all LE agencies in the county placed under his command. Little PD's freaked and I guess he backed down, or just went quiet.......

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Yea, he's been a self centered turd his entire career.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom