• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joewaz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey everyone. I was suggested to try this site by one of your members. I'm looking for a home defense pistol. I moved here 3 years ago with 8 dollars in my pocket.. today I have a wife and newborn baby. I've come a long way from where I used to be. Having a family now makes me see things differently. So anyone who may have a good home defense pistol they can let go of would be great. I'm located off navy Blvd in pcola.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    welcome, and congratulations on the hard work, the wife and child.

you have been blessed, whether you know it or not. not that it is the ghetto where you live, but you need a gun to protect your family now for sure, make it one the wife can operate, and highly consider taking a class to teach her, many here can help.

I am sure someone here may have one. browse in the threads, there is a WTB(want to buy)thread you can also post in... https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/forumdisplay.php?49-WTB-Forum

firearms for sale thread is your best bet.

https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Firearms-For-Sale

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I came here to say the above...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Joewaz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    welcome, and congratulations on the hard work, the wife and child.

you have been blessed, whether you know it or not. not that it is the ghetto where you live, but you need a gun to protect your family now for sure, make it one the wife can operate, and highly consider taking a class to teach her, many here can help.

I am sure someone here may have one. browse in the threads, there is a WTB(want to buy)thread you can also post in... https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/forumdisplay.php?49-WTB-Forum

firearms for sale thread is your best bet.

https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Firearms-For-Sale

Okay great. I did not see that..

Joewaz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate everyone today.. this is my first day looking so I have no idea what I want to get. Something she feels comfortable shooting is most important because I can shoot anything.. all I have now is a Smith and Wesson m&p 22 ar style rifle.. good for hunting when shit hits the fan but not much for protection.. honestly if I can find a Taurus 1911 that would be the best.. both her and I love that gun as I have one in tn but my father wouldn't let go of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please make sure to also get some way of securing the handgun - whether it is a small gun safe or just a lockable gun case.

Last edited:

Joewaz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please make sure to also get some way of securing the handgun - weather it is a small gun safe or just a lockable gun case.
    Yes we have a biometric case that my dad gave me..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You should really take oneshot(jj) up on the class, and bring a box of 38special and 9mm when you go.

Personally, if it's gonna stay in the house and not be carried I'd go with a pump shotgun. Idk what your budget is but a used 870 shouldn't run more than 300$, 20 gauge puts out a lot of power for its recoil, and with 12 you have a near unlimited choice of ammunition types to choose from.
    As far as .45 goes though, it's not hard to find a hollow point that'll expand to .65 and reach 18" of penetration.

DETROIT

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For home protection, first lay out a plan. Our home plan, is if someone was to brake in my family all move to one room in our home. This this room is a phone, flashlight and a glock. Glocks always go bang, is someone limp wrist it, they are simple to clear. There are no external safeties to think about. I would not want a 1911 for a house hold gun, they are to easy to fire. A 5 lb trigger single action is completely different then a 5 lb double action or a drop-point.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Opinions will always vary, and each of us must choose a weapon (or weapons) that we're proficient, comfortable and confident with. If there is a single "right" gun for everyone and every situation, every time, I don't know what it would be. I for one have 100% confidence in my 1911s, cocked 'n locked, whether for EDC or home defense. JMO & YMMV

Top Bottom