• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walked into the Walmart in Ft. Walton last night, and all the guns were missing. A sign instead was placed saying, "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but our firearms are temporarily unavailable due to Florida's NEW GUN LAWS.
    Asking how in the world the new law would affect their store's sales, I got the reply that they were 'Simply waiting for the dust to settle' before resuming sales. Huh?
    I'm not gonna lie, it'll be hard to totally curtail business with them, and I wouldn't be wild about it without a wide-spread coalition of boycotters. I KNOW this temporary ban involves all Florida WMs, as their individual general managers have virtually no authority. Anyone else notice the 'temporary' ban yet? Does anyone here even believe that a collective 2A boycott would even phase WM?

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wonder if it's at all of the local FL Walmarts or not...

That's why I'm asking- I can't expect a single Mart or even local area manager to have that authority. Guessing it came from Bentonville, Arkansa proper...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Panama City Beach Walmart on Front Beach Road has never carried guns and ammunition. Dont know about the new one on Back Beach Road since I dont live there anymore, but I suspect its the same.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nowadays Wally World would not be on my list for a firearm or any assy... But back in the day I scored a Browning .30-06 A-Bolt (BOSS) on Clearance for under $300 that I still have today. I don't see that ever happening again...

Even paper targets are cheaper online. I have noticed walmart going down hill fast. I would not be surprised if they did not start closing even more stores.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    With the new law there was an update to the FDLE FPP website/system Friday evening. The mandatory wait for ALL firearms and age requirement probably gave their lawyers enough reason to wait and see what happens and to make sure they've got their "A"s covered. CCW, MIL ID, Trade in, Hunter safety course/License will bypass the 3 day wait. The 21yr limit can be bypassed (if over 18) by LEO, Corrections or MIL. I'm not a lawyer and still have some questions. Take it FWIW.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only time I've bought guns from Walmart was when they were on clearance. Most of my guns have been purchased online through Buds or through local gun stores, Jimmy's is my local go to store. Walmart doing this is just going to be a boost for local gun stores so no big loss.

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For most stores perhaps, but with WM's track record, I could imagine them excluding Military, CCW, or any other applicant just because.. 3-day waits for all, just for their perceived CYA...

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walmart in Robertsdale,Al had signs everywhere at the gun counter about their new policy of 21+ to purchase firearms, and also had all the ARs pulled.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I didn’t know any Walmart’s still sold ARs.
    They stopped in Florida about 3 years ago.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just tried to search Wal-Mart's inventory on Wikiarms to find some 45ACP. They are not showing any stock for any caliper ammo. They might be getting out of the business.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wallys Nation wide blanket min 21 YO "Business Policy" has had a few lawsuits filed against them. Same with Dicks. One siut was filed in Fl before the FL Law was approved so it is still valid. In other States where 18 YO can still buy long guns, Wallys Policy is lawyer bait. Possibly the reason to pull firearms is avoid item availability followed by Policy refusal to sell to 18> and <21. They surely don't want Lawsuit publicity to conflict with their own no gun unless 21 Policy. Every time they state support of their Policy: it's another nail in the coffin.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doesn't explain WaMart removing long guns, but I thought this interesting...
    The passing of that bill was so orchestrated and calculated that when the bill was signed into law, FDLE quickly shut down the background check system for hours – with no prior notice to dealers at all. When the system came back on line, an 18-20 year old could not purchase or take possession of any firearm.

Those 18-20 year olds who were in the process of purchasing rifles or shotguns had their purchases or transfers denied. Now, if they have rifles or shotguns ordered or on lay-a-way, when their guns come in, they will not be able to take possession of them. They will lose their guns and probably their money.
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ginia-republicans-really-did-pass-gun-control

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walked into the Walmart in Ft. Walton last night, and all the guns were missing. A sign instead was placed saying, "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but our firearms are temporarily unavailable due to Florida's NEW GUN LAWS.
    Asking how in the world the new law would affect their store's sales, I got the reply that they were 'Simply waiting for the dust to settle' before resuming sales. Huh?
    I'm not gonna lie, it'll be hard to totally curtail business with them, and I wouldn't be wild about it without a wide-spread coalition of boycotters. I KNOW this temporary ban involves all Florida WMs, as their individual general managers have virtually no authority. Anyone else notice the 'temporary' ban yet? Does anyone here even believe that a collective 2A boycott would even phase WM?
    Walmart just lost $800-$1200 a month worth of business from me and probably will never notice or care. As far as a boycott having impact, in theory it could, in reality most will not inconvenience themselves or spend an extra few dollars to shop elsewhere. The 80/20 rule applies even when it comes to standing up for rights or beliefs.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The walmart on 29 up by hwy 90 and the walmart in pace both had all guns pulled off the racks.

Top Bottom