• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can’t believe he signed it. This is the start of a bad downfall.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They would need to amend the state constitution along with the federal constitution to do what they are doing!

Our only hope is in the court systems!

FL Constitution below! This law clearly violates it!

SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—
    (a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.
    (b) There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, “purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and “handgun” means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.
    (c) The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony.
    (d) This restriction shall not apply to a trade in of another handgun.
    History.—Am. C.S. for S.J.R. 43, 1989; adopted 1990.

Last edited:

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    News just reported that the NRA filed a lawsuit to stop the bill. Violation of rights for 18-20 year olds.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guessing the Governor will lose some conservative but gain some liberal votes if he decides to run for Bill Nelson's Senate seat.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guessing the Governor will lose some conservative but gain some liberal votes if he decides to run for Bill Nelson's Senate seat.

Democrats will never vote for him and he lost way too many Republican votes over this to be even remotely electable. I will not vote for him after this mess! We have to start getting some new blood into the political systems!

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

He has decided to already. His war chest is so big its driving other republican candidates out the race before it even starts.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Democrats will never vote for him and he lost way too many Republican votes over this to be even remotely electable. I will not vote for him after this mess! We have to start getting some new blood into the political systems!

He won't lose any republican votes. Republicans are stupidly loyal and retarded to a fault. Republican politicians and their republican voters did this to us. It's the republicans who have blocked pro-gun bills in the committees for the last several years straight. It's republicans who helped write the current gun control law. It's republicans who allowed it to pass. It's republican voters who said "let them have bump stocks". It's a republican governor who signed it into law. Now it's republicans who want to cry "how did this happen?!"

Fuck them. "Just give them the bump stocks". Well now you did, along with a gun control bill that came THAT close to including a full assault weapons ban. So y'all want to know what's next, republicans? THAT'S WHAT'S NEXT. A full assault weapons ban. Give it two
    years and you'll have it.

But it's fucking fine. Just give them the ARs. Who needs an AR after all? That 25 year old kid who shot up that school in 2019 or 2020 had an AR. So raise the age to 26 and ban all semi-auto firearms, and tack on a one week waiting period and one gun per month limit, and a 25% "sin tax" on ammo.

Fucking why not? With republicans in charge, anything is possible.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Yeah, new blood. Like Rene Garcia and Anitere Flores.

We don't have anyone on our side anymore.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our only choice is to refuse to comply with whatever laws we know are unconstitutional. We don't have the ballot box available to us anymore. There are only two viable parties in the US and both of them are willing and able to drop unconstitutional laws on us. The only other party worth mentioning cares about marijuana and little else.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He won't lose any republican votes. Republicans are stupidly loyal and retarded to a fault. Republican politicians and their republican voters did this to us. It's the republicans who have blocked pro-gun bills in the committees for the last several years straight. It's republicans who helped write the current gun control law. It's republicans who allowed it to pass. It's republican voters who said "let them have bump stocks". It's a republican governor who signed it into law. Now it's republicans who want to cry "how did this happen?!"

Fuck them. "Just give them the bump stocks". Well now you did, along with a gun control bill that came THAT close to including a full assault weapons ban. So y'all want to know what's next, republicans? THAT'S WHAT'S NEXT. A full assault weapons ban. Give it two
    years and you'll have it.

But it's fucking fine. Just give them the ARs. Who needs an AR after all? That 25 year old kid who shot up that school in 2019 or 2020 had an AR. So raise the age to 26 and ban all semi-auto firearms, and tack on a one week waiting period and one gun per month limit, and a 25% "sin tax" on ammo.

Fucking why not? With republicans in charge, anything is possible.

Agree with everything you say.

Some of these quitters can't comply fast enough. I see them on the highway every week. Hear a siren or see flashing lights ahead and they'll run another driver right off the road by slamming on their brakes and jerking the wheel without their only thought being a loyal, compliant sheep. I'm guessing if a cop walked up to some of these sheep and asked them the time of day they'd drop to their knees and raise their hands before replying.

Sickening. The end of our gun rights in Florida starts right here, and probably at the national level, and these cowering sheep welcome and cheer on the right takers. In fact, they offer up rights for sacrifice so that they can stay in favor with their masters. Pathetic is the only word I can think of that contains more the four letters......

bohica762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd like to see somebody put together a recall vote on Rick Scott. Like they tried when the Colorado Governor did the mag ban over there. He is supposedly running for Congress next. I won't vote for him even if the other choice is a demon rat.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd like to see somebody put together a recall vote on Rick Scott. Like they tried when the Colorado Governor did the mag ban over there. He is supposedly running for Congress next. I won't vote for him even if the other choice is a demon rat.

Anyone know the process for that? To get it started? I'll look into it, if for no other reason than because it's good to know.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our only choice is to refuse to comply with whatever laws we know are unconstitutional. We don't have the ballot box available to us anymore. There are only two viable parties in the US and both of them are willing and able to drop unconstitutional laws on us. The only other party worth mentioning cares about marijuana and little else.

Refusing to comply with laws that we deem unconstitutional not a great options as is risk jail and the loss of our civil rights. Legal challenge of these laws by the NRA may actually achieve something.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Laws governing recall in Florida
    Political recalls
    RecallBanner.jpg
    Upcoming recalls
    Recalls by office
    Recalls by state
    Recalls by year
    Recall laws

The Florida laws governing recall pertain to certain elected local officials, as determined by Florida Statute Annotated §100.361. Not all elected local officials are eligible for recall in Florida. Those eligible must have been elected to a governing body of a municipality or chartered county.[1] Twenty of Florida's 67 counties are charter counties.[2]

Florida recall law does not pertain to elected state officials, such as the governor, nor elected federal officials, such as the state's congressional delegates.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_Florida

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Refusing to comply with laws that we deem unconstitutional not a great options as is risk jail and the loss of our civil rights. Legal challenge of these laws by the NRA may actually achieve something.

I refuse to believe the system will work in our favor anymore. Our biggest "victory", Heller, still left open all sorts of loopholes for infringement.

If they want to put me in jail, then let them come. I'm fucking finished with putting my hopes in the hands of lawyers and politicians. It's my dream to one day see a bunch of lawyers, politicians and other assorted communists hanging from lampposts and falling from helicopters, Pinochet style.

I have no faith in the system to help us, and no one can blame me, I'm sure.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Laws governing recall in Florida
    Political recalls
    RecallBanner.jpg
    Upcoming recalls
    Recalls by office
    Recalls by state
    Recalls by year
    Recall laws

The Florida laws governing recall pertain to certain elected local officials, as determined by Florida Statute Annotated §100.361. Not all elected local officials are eligible for recall in Florida. Those eligible must have been elected to a governing body of a municipality or chartered county.[1] Twenty of Florida's 67 counties are charter counties.[2]

Florida recall law does not pertain to elected state officials, such as the governor, nor elected federal officials, such as the state's congressional delegates.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_Florida

Huh.

Guess we'll have to do it the old fashioned way, then.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm starting to think none of this matters to the majority of gun owners. Maybe it will after the 8 years of democratic control that will follow Trump laying the groundwork and banning assault weapons. At that point it'll be too late. But, you can always stand in your pens, knee deep in your own filth, and baah to your keepers to feed you.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom