• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that you guys in Florida can’t legally own bump stocks and other rapid fire devices - feel free to send them to me for safekeeping up here in the free state of Alaska. I’ll properly store them for you until society collapses and you need them.

Also, if any of you feel the need to jump on the trend of cutting up your evil semi-auto firearms in a show of solidarity feel free to just release those devices to me as well. I will put them to good use.

Seriously, how does this new law read? If you already own a bump stock do you have to destroy it or remove it from the state - or are further sales just prohibited?

As far as requiring 21 to purchase a long gun - is that just retail purchase? What about those under 21 that already own firearms? What about a parent who buys a Cricket rifle and gives it to their 8 year old?

This all just seems it is for show and will have no true effect on anything related to crimes or shooting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm wondering the same for these. It is looking like it bans the possession or sale of a bump fire stock in the state of Florida and carries a felony charge for owners of the bump fire stock.

Man I'm fucking livid and I don't even own one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Also, the 3 day wait is for FFLs and retailers. Does not apply to private sales.

Also is for purchases. Does not apply to owning one. Similar to what is currently out there for handguns. You cant buy ammo or the gun until 21 but can legally own one at 18.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For those of you that don't get what the fuck just happened... Wait a few years and it'll be 30 round mags being banned and making it a felony crime to own one for "common sense" measures.

Right now we have a republican controlled FL and this shit still happens.

Overnight a purchase for several hundred dollars is now deemed an illegal item associated with serious offense that will alter your life.

How the fuck is anyone okay with this on any level? Sure, it is a bump stock right now but how long until they start banning binary triggers, "high capacity magazines," and other accessories / firearms they deem dangerous.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT imposed on firearm owners and potential owners under 21 years old. These are strictly punitive actions targeting persons that had absolutely nothing to do with the the FL school shooting. Gun control by assignment of guilt upon the innocent and application of sanctions on personal property. When the next mass shooting occurs, the gun grabbers will scream You didn't let us do enough!

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oh and if you were thinking about voting for the senator running against Scott let's share this quote be (Scott plans to run against Nelson for a Senate seat).

“This is a first step, and if we really want to do something to combat gun violence, like what we saw in Parkland, we must require universal background checks on the purchase of a gun and get these assault rifles off our streets,” Nelson said in a statement after the bill became law.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm afraid the liberals have started down the road to disarm all lawful gun owners in Florida . In a few short years they will make Florida as gun free and as safe as Chicago.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of unindicted felons in Florida suddenly this afternoon.

I wonder if they'll get the customer lists from the companies that sell them, to see who in Florida needs their door kicked in at 3 AM with a no-knock warrant.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The law also says “possession” of bump stock items so I’m guessing they will institute a turn in/felony if not period.

Crazy, just crazy.....

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly, I thought a Republican Governor would have vetoed this bit of stupidity without hesitation.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i Just watched the governors speech after signing the bill. He directed everything towards the school and victims. This bill unfortunately will not stop any of this from happening.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly, I thought a Republican Governor would have vetoed this bit of stupidity without hesitation.

You would think so, but here shortly we will get a choice of Scott or Nelson for the senate. I'm over joyed at those two choices.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With no “grandfather” clause in the law - someone needs to file suit that this violates their 4th and 14th amendment rights. Something legally bought and used suddenly made illegal and a felony - doesn’t pass muster with the constitution.

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well Damn, so if you have a bump stock you should do what?? My buddy bought 3 several years back when they were $99.00. They're simply pointless other than a novelty but definitely not worth being charged with a felony. I'm not sure what to tell him. Destroy?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every father who has a teenager needs to go out and buy an AR-15 - and gift it to said teenager in a show of defiance.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well Damn, so if you have a bump stock you should do what?? My buddy bought 3 several years back when they were $99.00. They're simply pointless other than a novelty but definitely not worth being charged with a felony. I'm not sure what to tell him. Destroy?

You would have thought they would have made this part crystal clear. I would be pretty worried if I owned one, for sure.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is the text:

790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not 736
    import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for 737
    sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump- 738
    fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony 739
    of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 740

775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump- 741
    fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a 742
    device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic 743
    automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of 744
    fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such 745
    semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, 746
    or a device. 747

So - if you have garden variety rubber bands in your possession, you are now a felon as well...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For those of you that don't get what the fuck just happened... Wait a few years and it'll be 30 round mags being banned and making it a felony crime to own one for "common sense" measures.

Right now we have a republican controlled FL and this shit still happens.

Overnight a purchase for several hundred dollars is now deemed an illegal item associated with serious offense that will alter your life.

How the fuck is anyone okay with this on any level? Sure, it is a bump stock right now but how long until they start banning binary triggers, "high capacity magazines," and other accessories / firearms they deem dangerous.

banned bumpstocks (not used in the parkland shooting)
    banned sale of long guns to under 21 age , what about the under 21 that have legally owned rifles & shotguns already?

did the ban include 20-30 round mags(again, not used in the shootings)

this is a knee jerk reaction bill that will go to the florida supreme court imo

bunch of damn Yankees took the ct bill and re-issued it....

Top Bottom