• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Uh, huh. Conspicuously absent are county sherrifs refusing to enforce an unconstitional law.... The provision to allow confiscation based on anything you say or do regarding guns that upsets or offends someone is in direct conflict with 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments. The president, governor, state reps, apparently our silent congressman Gaetz, and I guess the majority of gun owners are all OK with that. I still cant figure out if this is a loss or surrender.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have Criminal Statutes/Laws that identify what the criminality is and list punishments as a deterent and as a penalties. When the criminal actions (with a firearm) by a few individuals fuel the drive to create New Laws burdening law abiding citizens existing Rights with loss or years of delay before being able to exercise those Constitutional and directing forfeiture or loss of control of personal firearms related property: Is Collective Punishment. Prior existing Law covered all criminal aspects of mass/school shooting events. The New Laws only serve to punish other firearms enthusiasts and in fact makes law abiding citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen!

Some political groups fight vigorously against illegal alien deportion and Bans on Muslims from places that are hot beds of terrorism claiming these actions are collective punishments because not all aliens are criminals and not all Muslim are terrorist. Yet, they push for collective punishment on American gun owners every time there is a criminal mass shooting event!

https://respvblica.com/2017/10/03/l...-it-is-always-just-in-the-case-of-gun-owners/

https://www.theobjectivestandard.co...for-acts-of-the-irrational-and-irresponsible/

https://blog.christopherburg.com/2012/12/18/gun-control-is-a-form-of-collective-punishment/

What you describe their my friend is called DISCRIMINATION. And oddly enough, way too many gun owners are OK with that.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there was ever a time, in my lifetime, for "Civil Disobedience" now is the time I think. With the swipe of a pen, we turned law abiding citizens into potential felons. Now the Fight or Flight response will kick in.

I don't own a bump stock and dont intend too....shoots up too much ammo, too expensive but there is no way I support confiscation of any firearm related device...ever. The knuckleheads in govt are snakeoil salesmen....they must manage their image and give the appearance of doing something all the while detracting from the plainly obvious, to me, incompetent nature of govt itself.

Truth is, I hear it all the time, most people don't own one, don't want to and plainly don't see the need to have them...well most of what I own, I don't "need" in someone else's mind. And we are about to get a lesson on why we should never be considered or fall in the trap of being a Democracy. We are a constitutional Republic.

The majority is going to try to oppress the minority...just happened. Now the fireworks. If govt can do this with bump stocks, they can do it with 30 round mags...20 round mags...well semi auto's altogether...well maybe pump actions...bolt actions...double action revolvers...single action revolvers...muzzle loaders...cross bows...compound bows....air guns.

Don't think so? Maybe not in our lifetime. My Dad lives in Illinois...has to have a FOID card to buy pellets!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Insult?! I'll take that as a COMPLIMENT any day.

I'm VERY soon-to-be-retired Air Force guy out of Hurlburt. Out of 20-years of experiences, every single Marine I've worked with was 100% professional, squared away, sharp, and always had that "look". The one that said: "I can kill everything in this room if Needed, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut and just place nice with this puppy dog while you idiots talk".

Love 'em.
    Marines are the biggest group of adult juveniles in the world, we just learn at the start too keep shenanigans and corrections at home out of sight as much as possible.

We all love puppies though. IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0516.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0514.JPG
      IMG_0514.JPG
      40.5 KB · Views: 273
    • IMG_0516.JPG
      IMG_0516.JPG
      73.1 KB · Views: 275

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If there was ever a time, in my lifetime, for "Civil Disobedience" now is the time I think. With the swipe of a pen, we turned law abiding citizens into potential felons. Now the Fight or Flight response will kick in.

I don't own a bump stock and dont intend too....shoots up too much ammo, too expensive but there is no way I support confiscation of any firearm related device...ever. The knuckleheads in govt are snakeoil salesmen....they must manage their image and give the appearance of doing something all the while detracting from the plainly obvious, to me, incompetent nature of govt itself.

Truth is, I hear it all the time, most people don't own one, don't want to and plainly don't see the need to have them...well most of what I own, I don't "need" in someone else's mind. And we are about to get a lesson on why we should never be considered or fall in the trap of being a Democracy. We are a constitutional Republic.

The majority is going to try to oppress the minority...just happened. Now the fireworks. If govt can do this with bump stocks, they can do it with 30 round mags...20 round mags...well semi auto's altogether...well maybe pump actions...bolt actions...double action revolvers...single action revolvers...muzzle loaders...cross bows...compound bows....air guns.

Don't think so? Maybe not in our lifetime. My Dad lives in Illinois...has to have a FOID card to buy pellets!

https://www.libertyclassroom.com/nullification/

What is it?State nullification is the idea that the states can and must refuse to enforce unconstitutional federal laws.Says Who?Says Thomas Jefferson, among other distinguished Americans. His draft of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 first introduced the word “nullification” into American political life, and follow-up resolutions in 1799 employed Jefferson’s formulation that “nullification…is the rightful remedy” when the federal government reaches beyond its constitutional powers. In the Virginia Resolutions of 1798, James Madison said the states were “duty bound to resist” when the federal government violated the Constitution.

Won’t This Make the New York Times Unhappy?More proof it’s a good idea.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Does not matter, Trump is calling for the age to be changed as in FL and ban bump stocks, making it federal. NRA will sue and a Judge or the Supremes will tell us the new law of the land.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I figured that the "bump stocks" as the media wants to call them would be added to the NFA list like street sweepers were back in the day. Doesn't appear to be the case this time around. I haven't read anything about binary triggers that a few companies make. Are these going to fall under the same umbrella as the stocks?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Well Mouser, I agree with your line of reasoning fully. But, the unfortunate truth, as I've seen on multiple firearms forums I frequent, is that the majority of gun owners are OK with any legislation that doesn't impact them personally. As long as they have what they want,"Whew, dodged that one, good to go."

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Every father who has a teenager needs to go out and buy an AR-15 - and gift it to said teenager in a show of defiance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already done! If I wasn't facing an impending layoff and had the means I'd go out and buy 3 more so me and my boys each had two, always good to have a backup!

Last edited:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well Mouser, I agree with your line of reasoning fully. But, the unfortunate truth, as I've seen on multiple firearms forums I frequent, is that the majority of gun owners are OK with any legislation that doesn't impact them personally. As long as they have what they want,"Whew, dodged that one, good to go."

I think you are right...the old 'divide and conquer'....chisel away at our rights. The courts are one of the institutions that are there to protect the individual. As we all know, they do become politicized....so bump stocks, binary triggers etc will likely be a thing of the past...what will be interesting to follow is how does, or does the govt try to collect them? Will we install Orwellian 'listening stations' on satellite towers to listen for unnaturally rapid gun reports?

Again, what I find most distasteful, is the root of the issue is not only not addressed, it is not even a discussion. The premise of "need" is one you will hear bunch. Anything that is governed, rationed, allowed, distributed etc... on the basis of "need" is a real bad idea.

I hear that alot...you don't need a bump stock. The AR has no place in modern society, you don't need it for hunting. Don't need it for protection. What do you need 30 round magazines for? Why do you need semi auto hunting rifles? Why should the public need weapons as good as police have? I don't need my guns, my fishing stuff, my large screen tv, my four bedroom house, my multiple automobiles, my office, my acreage, my handloading stuff, I don't need all that ammo...don't need a swimming pool, don't need more than one computer, don't need that lawn furniture.....we all need to do more to help the needy! Rant over...have a nice day!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Well, the helicopters were at it again last night, so I want a rocket launcher today. Also, thought a visit from a prostitute with some heroin would be nice. I checked, and they are all still against the law. All my freedoms have been taken away.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the helicopters were at it again last night, so I want a rocket launcher today. Also, thought a visit from a prostitute with some heroin would be nice. I checked, and they are all still against the law. All my freedoms have been taken away.
    Lmao, not all of them. You can still can bitch about it.:ballchain::peace:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    just how many 18-20's have gone on a killing spree after buying a gun legally? I think most were stolen guns so why the push for restrictions? Note when the schools removed GOD from the schools and divorce became more prevalent is when the violence at schools started. Why did obama approve bump stocks in the first place?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Her is the pertinent language

Section 13. Effective October 1, 2018, section 790.222, Florida Statutes,
    is created to read:
    790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not import into
    this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or
    give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section
    commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.
    775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock”
    means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate
    of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to
    increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire
    such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
    device.

http://laws.flrules.org/files/Ch_2018_003.pdf

They have amended several statutes and have created a few new.

Also the 3 day wait does not apply to CCW holder and for rifles and shotguns it does not apply to folks who have passed the hunter safety course.

(2) The 3-day waiting period does shall not apply in the following
    circumstances:
    (a) When a firearm handgun is being purchased by a holder of a
    concealed weapons permit as defined in s. 790.06.
    (b) To a trade-in of another firearm handgun.
    (c) To the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, upon a person’s successfully
    completing a minimum of a 16-hour hunter safety course and possessing a
    hunter safety certification card issued under s. 379.3581. A person who is
    exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and
    holds a valid Florida hunting license, is exempt from the mandatory waiting
    period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.
    (d) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a law enforcement
    officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in s. 943.10(1), (2),
    (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a servicemember as defined in s. 250.01.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ”President Trump is absolutely committed to ensuring the safety and security of every American and he has directed us to propose a regulation addressing bump stocks,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a statement.

There is so much wrong with the precedent and mindset behind that statement. What's next to ensure the safety and security of every American?

So what two regulations is he going to do away with? Wasn't that his campaign promise for every one new reg enacted he would do away with two? I'll take no more tax stamps for SBR's and compensators. Sure it's a pipe dream but that would be a fair trade.

I would love to think the President is so savvy that he figures he'll throw the grabbers a bone on a novelty item for good press before giving us some rights back but I think we all know better.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    "A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and
    period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun."

So it appears that a hunter who is exempt from hunter safety course due to their age AND who is age 65 or older (and does not have a hunting license because Florida residents age 65 and older don't buy a hunting license) can't buy a rifle or shotgun without a waiting period because they don't have a hunting license. I see no exemption in the new law to cover that age scenario.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and

So it appears that a hunter who is exempt from hunter safety course due to their age AND who is age 65 or older (and does not have a hunting license because Florida residents age 65 and older don't buy a hunting license) can't buy a rifle or shotgun without a waiting period because they don't have a hunting license. I see no exemption in the new law to cover that age scenario.

Looks like you may be correct. The train of legislative stupidity just keeps on rolling.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I went ahead and printed one out even though I don't buy one and got also a plastic one at the tax office. But then I have a permit to carry so was not useful for this.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Idk the work around for hookers but to get strung out you need a prescription from your doctor. I hear fentenal(or however it's spelled) is pretty popular.

Top Bottom