• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is absolutely maddening to me that a tragedy occurs, the cause is a nut job wacko got his hands on a gun...not hard to do; the police, FBI, other leaders absolutely FUBARed this one and in return, they pay tens of thousands of law abiding citizens more crap laws that infringe on people's rights...that same dumba***s that fubared the first time will enforce and remove the ability to protect ourselves from both the criminal element and incompetent govt and law enforcement...my head is going to explode from the lack of intellectual and critical thinking!!!

As the old saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He hasn't heard the state on medical marijuana when they passed a constitutional amendment. Allows the hold up to be the Dept. of Health...WHO WORKS FOR HIM. But he hears his South Florida liberal buddies and immediately signs a law that he himself had issues with. Damn politician. I will vote for Nelson for Senator because at least I KNOW he will stab us in the back as opposed to Scott who will do it when it suits him. He needs to go back to ripping of the feds medicare programs.

Idoono

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That just ended his career. Not that he would care anyway.

He was rich from Medicare fraud way before he bought his position as the Florida Governor. I don't think he really GAF about what anyone else thinks.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone actually seen the text of the new statute? I keep reading articles, but I have not seen the actual language of the law. I am wondering if the CCW exception to the 3 wait still applies. How long do owners of bump stock have to get rid of this device? Also requiring teacher to have 144 hours of firearms training before being allowed to carry on school grounds - that lot of training - almost a month's worth - who has time for that? who can pay for that? Certainly not most teachers. I taught a CCW class today, and this came up and I could not answer some of these questions.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    as bad as scott did signing this, nelson is 10x worse, I would have to vote scott

I would have to vote for the hornet nest on my front porch. Or maybe I'll write in my own name. I'm done with this bullshit.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the old saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

There are no good intentions here, though.

Some points, see if y'all can predict what the end goal is:

The new thought is that climate change is the fault of white Americans, and the easiest way to combat that climate change is to have less children. They say having a baby causes a major negative impact on climate. So, white Americans, have less kids. Yesterday I saw an article suggesting that we have a national appreciation day for childless Americans.

The majority of minority households are on some sort of government assistance, which we know increases with more children. They are incentivizing minorities to have more kids for more benefits. As for white people, most of us are not government assistance, so those incentives aren't there.

While white people are being encouraged to have less kids, we are being encouraged to open our borders to chain migration. Chain migration is all about people bringing extended relatives into the US, and then those people will bring their own relatives, so on and so on. Mean while, white people are still having only two kids on average and are being incentivized to have less of them.

80% of legally owned guns are owned by white people. So now they're going to try to infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. The vast majority of guns held ILLEGALLY are held by minorities. Gun laws won't touch those.

White people have been shown to be much more susceptible to the idea of homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism than minorities. So we have a major push to allow kids to choose their own genders and be gay if they want. I'm willing to bet this push extends into majority white schools more than it extends into majority black or Hispanic schools.

Can anyone put together the puzzle and see what the picture looks like?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone actually seen the text of the new statute? I keep reading articles, but I have not seen the actual language of the law. I am wondering if the CCW exception to the 3 wait still applies. How long do owners of bump stock have to get rid of this device? Also requiring teacher to have 144 hours of firearms training before being allowed to carry on school grounds - that lot of training - almost a month's worth - who has time for that? who can pay for that? Certainly not most teachers. I taught a CCW class today, and this came up and I could not answer some of these questions.

I read it. It's about 150 pages. Took me about thirty minutes because I have previous experience reading legislation and I know what I can skip and scan.

But yeah, I've read it. The CCW exemption still applies to the waiting period. My dad bought a long gun yesterday actually. Showed his CCW and walked out the door with it.

As far as that training for teachers, don't worry. Almost no one is going to be allowed to carry. You have to be be former military or LEO, OR be a teacher who DOES NOT exclusively perform "classroom duties", AND the sheriff has to enact a "Coach Aaron Feis school safety program" in his county to provide the extensive training. So most teachers are barred from carrying if the sheriff allows the program. If not, no one carries.

At my daughter's school, there are only two staff members who will be eligible to carry at all. But it's up to the sheriff.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also, I think October 1 is the bumpstock deadline. I thought someone else here mentioned that too.

My advice is to keep your bumpstocks. Do not comply.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Everything I can find as of this moment states that the 3 day waiting period does not apply to CCW permit holders. Florida used to be a nice place to live....

Online Sunshine Logo
    Official Internet Site of the Florida Legislature
    March 10, 2018
    Search Statutes:
    firearm purchase
    Text: 'NEW Advanced Legislative Search'
    Home
    Senate
    House
    Citator
    Statutes, Constitution,
    & Laws of Florida
    Florida Statutes
    Search Statutes
    Search Tips
    Florida Constitution
    Laws of Florida
    Legislative & Executive Branch Lobbyists
    Information Center
    Joint Legislative Committees &
    Other Entities
    Historical Committees
    Florida Government Efficiency Task Force
    Legislative Employment
    Legistore
    Links
    Navigation design spacer
    Interpreter Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
    Go to MyFlorida House
    Select Year:

The 2017 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES
    Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
    View Entire Chapter
    790.0655 Purchase and delivery of handguns; mandatory waiting period; exceptions; penalties.—
    (1)(a) There shall be a mandatory 3-day waiting period, which shall be 3 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and the delivery at retail of any handgun. “Purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer. “Handgun” means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. “Retailer” means and includes every person engaged in the business of making sales at retail or for distribution, or use, or consumption, or storage to be used or consumed in this state, as defined in s. 212.02(13).
    (b) Records of handgun sales must be available for inspection by any law enforcement agency, as defined in s. 934.02, during normal business hours.
    (2) The 3-day waiting period shall not apply in the following circumstances:
    (a) When a handgun is being purchased by a holder of a concealed weapons permit as defined in s. 790.06.
    (b) To a trade-in of another handgun.
    (3) It is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084:
    (a) For any retailer, or any employee or agent of a retailer, to deliver a handgun before the expiration of the 3-day waiting period, subject to the exceptions provided in subsection (2).
    (b) For a purchaser to obtain delivery of a handgun by fraud, false pretense, or false representation.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 91-24; s. 3, ch. 92-183; s. 98, ch. 99-3.
    Copyright © 1995-2018 The Florida Legislature • Privacy Statement • Contact Us

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There are no good intentions here, though.

Some points, see if y'all can predict what the end goal is:

The new thought is that climate change is the fault of white Americans, and the easiest way to combat that climate change is to have less children. They say having a baby causes a major negative impact on climate. So, white Americans, have less kids. Yesterday I saw an article suggesting that we have a national appreciation day for childless Americans.

The majority of minority households are on some sort of government assistance, which we know increases with more children. They are incentivizing minorities to have more kids for more benefits. As for white people, most of us are not government assistance, so those incentives aren't there.

While white people are being encouraged to have less kids, we are being encouraged to open our borders to chain migration. Chain migration is all about people bringing extended relatives into the US, and then those people will bring their own relatives, so on and so on. Mean while, white people are still having only two kids on average and are being incentivized to have less of them.

80% of legally owned guns are owned by white people. So now they're going to try to infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. The vast majority of guns held ILLEGALLY are held by minorities. Gun laws won't touch those.

White people have been shown to be much more susceptible to the idea of homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism than minorities. So we have a major push to allow kids to choose their own genders and be gay if they want. I'm willing to bet this push extends into majority white schools more than it extends into majority black or Hispanic schools.

Can anyone put together the puzzle and see what the picture looks like?

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
    -2 Timothy 4:3-4

His return time is near. when good is bad, and bad is good, you will know the time is close

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I will sell my Binary Triggers for a very big profit.... They are selling on GB and ebay like crazy and the HK ones are up to $1500 each. LOL Not sure if they are on this list for the ban but why not profit on it!!!

I will just buy another NFA Machine gun.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I will sell my Binary Triggers for a very big profit.... They are selling on GB and ebay like crazy and the HK ones are up to $1500 each. LOL Not sure if they are on this list for the ban but why not profit on it!!!

I will just buy another NFA Machine gun.
    I'm just thankful the Iibs don't know what those are yet lol.

But honestly with everything happening with bump stocks they are just going to be flat banned too. I think I read somewhere this morning that bump stocks are now a regulated item.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just thankful the Iibs don't know what those are yet lol.

But honestly with everything happening with bump stocks they are just going to be flat banned too. I think I read somewhere this morning that bump stocks are now a regulated item.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Its my understanding that they are already included in the ban under "rate increasing device". I'll let somebody else throw up the verbiage.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump stocks are banned in the state of Florida now.

Refuse to comply.

Now that we've seen the true colors, again, of the political system, next time we have Greg Steube intriduce open carry in the senate, are we going to have support from all of the "robbers will shoot OCers first" crowd? Are we going to have the support of the "I don't want to give away my tactical surprise" people? Or no?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Also, I think October 1 is the bumpstock deadline. I thought someone else here mentioned that too.

My advice is to keep your bumpstocks. Do not comply.

my advice, is the same as having gold coins, don't talk about it to anyone...

what chu talking about willis?

Top Bottom