• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't learn my lesson 10 years ago when I got the first case but Wendy's is close and I was tired and hungry so I made a run through the drive through.

Meal consisted of cheeseburger, baked potato, chili and a frosty and was the only thing I ate for at least the previous 12 hours. About 30 minutes after eating I started feeling sea sick, followed shortly by a half night of puking and feeling close to death, was questionable there for a while.

That's twice from the same Wendy's, the one on west 9 Mile Rd just before Pine Forest. Hit the gas hard when you drive by that place.

I did report it to the store and the corporate office but as usual trying to get hold of any county agency was futile.

Rick

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I eat there alot and never had a problem, but I never get baked potato or chili, which is made from leftover hamburger meat??

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sorry to hear this, and hope you are feeling better. Wendy's is my "go to" place when I want fast food. I love their chili, even if made with leftover meat, I have always found it fresh and tasty. It's very disappointing to know what someone got food poisoning at a Wendy's.

Reminds me of the time I got a very bad case from Hardy's steak biscuits in Glencoe, AL in about 1999. I've never been so sick in my entire life. In retrospect I wonder just how close to death I might have actually been. I ate on a Saturday morning and was sick within an hour. I spent the rest of the day and that most of night lying on the bathroom floor, unable to control myself from either end...I'm sure it was not a pretty sight. I didn't really start to return to feeling normal until the following Tuesday.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Food poisoning sucks. I am sorry you had to go through this. That place needs to be shut down.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My bet is the chili. I’ve had food poisoning once in my life... and once was more than enough. Hope you’re feeling better.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sorry to hear this, and hope you are feeling better. Wendy's is my "go to" place when I want fast food. I love their chili, even if made with leftover meat, I have always found it fresh and tasty. It's very disappointing to know what someone got food poisoning at a Wendy's.

Reminds me of the time I got a very bad case from Hardy's steak biscuits in Glencoe, AL in about 1999. I've never been so sick in my entire life. In retrospect I wonder just how close to death I might have actually been. I ate on a Saturday morning and was sick within an hour. I spent the rest of the day and that most of night lying on the bathroom floor, unable to control myself from either end...I'm sure it was not a pretty sight. I didn't really start to return to feeling normal until the following Tuesday.

I had something similar New Year's Eve this year. I did eat a little Cesar's pizza Saturday, but so did my wife, son and our friend and I was the only one sick. Hit at 2am Sunday morning, finally trusted myself to shower and move too bed at 8. Didn't get out of bed until Tuesday morning to go to work. Weighed myself again tues and lost close to 10 pounds in fluids, and that's with drink water through Sunday and Monday.
    It was also peak flu season and I know I was in contact with some people that had it(just about every day that week), so idk which it was. I am glad it was me and not my kid.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I had the same thing about 3 weeks ago. I ate a wrap from the Public's deli. It was my favorite food from Publics. About 6 hours later that night, I was trading ends on the toilet. The only control i had was that I could move one end over the toilet into position, in-time not to make a mess on the floor.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL, reading this thread after watching a scene from Bridesmaids where they all get food poisoning, too funny!

p95ccw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    workers that do not washup or toss their toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing are the causes of most illnesses in eateries..maybe check the tiolet area before ordering or eating there.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    workers that do not washup or toss their toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing are the causes of most illnesses in eateries..maybe check the tiolet area before ordering or eating there.

I never could get used to the trash can toilet paper thingy when I was overseas but I have also encountered it in the South Florida area too. Never noticed it around here.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I never could get used to the trash can toilet paper thingy when I was overseas but I have also encountered it in the South Florida area too. Never noticed it around here.

I never saw it except a roommate I had from jersey.
    I used to loose my mind about it.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    While it is possible that was where you ingested the contaminated food from, people often mis-attribute food born illness to the last meal they ate. When in fact most food born illnesses have a 12-72 hour incubation period from the time of ingestion.

Very few food born illness have shorter than 8-12 hour incubation periods.

https://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm103263.htm

https://www.foodsafety.gov/blog/complexmystery.html

Only time I had food poisoning was from a place that has been closed for years Seminole Sandwich Shop. Helped the boss reroof his daughters place with 4 other guys plus his daughter and the boss bought us lunch. Everyone had ham and cheese subs except the boss. His daughter was the first to get sick late Saturday night and I was the last one with the other 4 being struck down in between. I was at work Monday morning when it hit me and drove from Ft. Walton to Baker with the drivers door open for over half the trip. I lost 20 lbs over 3 days in which I couldn’t keep any thing down

Top Bottom