HD Tactical

My email to Jayer Williamson, Frank White and Clay Ingram.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Districts 1, 2 and 3 representatives received this from me:

"I am a recent US Army combat veteran of OEF writing to thank you very much for voting against the recent gun control bill that now sits on Governor Scott's desk. I recognize that in this bill, we law abiding gun owners were given nothing. This was no compromise. Bump stocks (which can be recreated with two key rings and a piece of twine) were banned. Age restrictions were added. Waiting periods were added. Additional confiscatory powers were given to law enforcement officers. And what did we received in exchange? They claim that teachers can now be armed, but when I read into the bill text itself, I see that rather than arming teachers for protection of students, the bill actually bars the majority of teachers from carrying. In my daughter's school, there are TWO staff members who will be allowed to carry, but that's only if the sheriff, Bill Johnson allows it by creating a whole new "Coach Aaron Feis" program in the county.

I appreciate your voting against this unconstitutional legislation, but it seems most of your colleagues are easily swayed by emotional convulsing of teenagers on TV who are nothing more than the puppets of the adults behind the gun control push we've been fighting for years. The republicans in the Florida legislature have been unable to pass any pro-gun bills out of the committees for years now, yet in a few weeks after a shooting (where the federal and local law enforcement systems failed us and allowed it happen) they have legislation drawn up and ready to pass, get it passed and on the governor's desk? How does this happen?

I have a pro-gun, survivalism blog with 30,000+ views, I email my representatives regularly, call sometimes, vote for pro-gun candidates, and yet I am obviously powerless to stop these infringements on our rights. I've used my soap box and ballot box and have little effect. I have little access to the jury box since the people who would be controlled by the jury box, actually themselves seem to be immune from it's effects. We have but one box left and there are millions of Americans, many of whom are Floridians, who see this. We have restrained ourselves, but for how much longer? We are being ignored. Brushed aside. Please respond and tell me what we can do. What we have tried for years in Florida is failing. We make no progress on pro-gun bills, while the latest anti-gun bill gets rushed through as soon as we see some crying teenagers on TV.

We feel like we are having our hand forced. This message MUST be relayed. We will not comply. Please help and stand with us. We must find a new way to reverse this course before those of us who are armed are forced into action. We are begging and pleading, Tallahassee (and Washington) must cease pushing us."

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate your passion, bro. It is most unfortunate that once governor snott signs this bill into law, words such as yours will likely be used as grounds for firearm removal. Why? Because your words are pro-gun and filled with emotion, which will quickly be twisted to pro-gun anger and someone feeling threatened. The powers to confiscate listed in this bill are some of the most anti-gun, anti-freedom, I have ever seen. I dont think some ever heard the gate close, or maybe are content because they can't see the fence from where they are, but the fence has been completed around them....

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reply from Jayer Williamson:

"Jeremy,

Thank you for the email, and more importantly your service to our country. To some of your questions, yes, the bill goes to the governor's desk. He will have the option to sign it into law, veto it or keep it on his desk to which it becomes law without his signature after 14 days I think. As for the movement in pro Second Amendment legislation the last few years in the Florida House. I have only been here two years but I know they have passed Campus Carry and Open Carry out of the house in recent past but the Senate has blocked it each time. The best thing we can do is continue to support candidates who truly believe in the Second Amendment. And that has to be through their actions, not just words. I apologize to you we could not muster up enough votes and I will continue to do everything I can to stand up for our Second Amendment. Don't hesitate contacting me any time.

Your Public Servant,

Jayer Williamson"

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate that Williamson appears to have actually read and typed a reply to me. Or else he has a staffer that did it, which is ok too.

The other two had an automated response, though Frank White's automated response says that he will personally read each email, though some days he could receive as many as one hundred, so it'll take time.

I was once told by a former congressional staffer that the best way to contact them is by calling and talking directly to a staffer. They said that's what the staffer is for, and they relay messages to their boss. If they get enough of the same communication, they'll tell their boss that "a lot of people are calling in and saying..." and that it DOES have an effect on many of them in their decisions. Perhaps phone calls will be better.

Top Bottom