• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well gents,
    If you have an ol Golani or an awesome IWI Galil ARM in your lockup somewhere and have need to restoring your rear sight I have a lil tip for you.

First if you do not have it you will have to buy the flip up sights which are avail at apex for about 15 bucks.

Hard part is the mounting kit. The plunger, spring, and roll pin. No matter where I looked I could not find an original mounting hardware kit that should run not more than a few bucks but they are sold out everywhere besides a place called Lubricity and he wants $35 for just the hardware. If it included the whole kit then maybe but for a plunger, spring, and roll pin that is is rip off. Plus he makes his to order so it is not like you are getting an original part anyway.

Solution: AR15 buffer tube detent and spring. You will have to cut off the nipple and trim a good bit from the bottom so that it seats flush. I then cut a spring or two off the spring that came with it and mounted it up. Finial part was to secure it and good luck trying to get such a thin roll pin in without bending it so I went to putting in a brass nail that fit perfect and crushed the ends to secure it.

So for the price of a AR carbine detent, spring, and thin brass nail you will have restored your Galil night sights. Hope this helps someone out there.

Top Bottom