Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Ankle Holster Help

Does anyone have a favorite brand or style? I have never used an ankle holster, and don't know where to start. Does it actually carry low enough to fit inside cowboy boots? Does it hide well just under long pants? I was thinking of using either a Shield 9, or a Rossi snub nose 357. Are these to large to conceal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12 GA
    Im not a fan of ankle carry. Maybe and I mean MAYBE its ok if you sit behind a desk all day and even then Im still not thrilled with it. However I did have a galco holster to ankle carry a g27. It didnt move around much and was descently comfortable but I just didnt like an extra couple of pounds on one leg. Very awkward running and even walking. Plus the draw is beyond slow and a pain to get to unless you can pull it out before a situation arises
    Last edited by TK5o; 03-06-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TK5o View Post
    Im not a fan of ankle carry. Maybe and I mean MAYBE its ok if you sit behind a desk all day and even then Im still not thrilled with it.
    Just curious why your not a fan? I ask because I am completely new to this way of carry, so I don't know the good or bad.

12 GA
    And I you were ever knocked down and had someone on top of you on the attack. Its hard enough to get a free hand for waist draw. Even harder to try and reach an ankle

5. 2 Like TK5o's Post:

And I you were ever knocked down and had someone on top of you on the attack. Its hard enough to get a free hand for waist draw. Even harder to try and reach an ankle
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I would be carrying this as a backup, but I still see your point.

12 GA
    Ok. A backup makes a little more sense. I thought you were wanting to carry a primary in the ankle. Definitely check out galco. But it will still be awkward to run until you get used to it. I didnt stick with it enough to get used to it

8. Likes TK5o's Post:

I'd look at the Galco ankle holster. I think a Shield is a little big to fit inside a boot, snub nose should work. It's the grip length that becomes an issue. Maybe a .380 like a LCP or Sig 238.
    I carried a Smith 38 revo for a bit in a Galco and it wasn't bad just not my thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    --Insert inspirational quote here--

10. Likes JWlineman's Post:

It didnt move around much and was descently comfortable but I just didnt like an extra couple of pounds on one leg. Very awkward running and even walking.
    which my brain reponds to with: "well, how about a g27 on EACH ankle?" Then you even it out. And solve the problem of combat reload....
    The founding fathers would be shooting by now