• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you like to shoot magnums for self defense, it is hard to go wrong with a 686 snubbie.

I think the real advantage of the new 2.7 inch 66 is the full length ejector rod.

I don't mind the two piece barrel's I have several revolvers with them and so far no issues.

DETROIT

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today I was able to run a few smiths for the first time. Two of them i bought almost two years ago. All of the sights where maxed out up and to the right. I had to zero them out and start fresh. A few more days at the range will get them set.
    66-2 Snub
    66-2 6"
    686-0 4"

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A bevy of beauties right there.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My IDPA group is going to shoot six guns in the next match. So I have started carrying my 3" Model 64 again. I carry it in a Bianchi Pistol Pocket and carry one speed strip in my left pocket and a Desantis leather speedloader holder on the right side of my belt. My 64 sports the Pachmayer Compact professional grips. I have forgotten just how comfortable this weapon can be to carry. The curves of the revolver seem to pinch or poke me less. While the weight and the cylinder width do not bother me at all. I carried this gun pretty regularly about 15 years ago, but slowly went to the dark side around 2008.

I am not trying to start a revolver vs, Pistol debate, as I will resume carrying a bottom feeder again once this match is over. I just had forgotten how comfortable a medium framed revolver can be to carry for CCW.

Y'know, the way you spelled Six Guns, instead of Six-gun...had me thinking this...

Attachments

• ilduce.jpg
      ilduce.jpg
      39.3 KB · Views: 146

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Love my 649. Hidden hammer for snag free smoothness but you can thumb cock it for that rare case you want single action. I found I can fit 2 speed loaders in my old military issue green compass case. I love letting my buddies shoot it with 158 gr +P .357s. It is like having Thor's hammer in your pocket lol.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few of my .357s that I need to thin out......

Attachments

• 73CB42D9-17EA-4A9D-871B-B7DA8A2E3CEB.jpg
      73CB42D9-17EA-4A9D-871B-B7DA8A2E3CEB.jpg
      173.9 KB · Views: 99

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ever see that Burt Reynolds/Clint Eastwood shoot'emup movie called "City Heat"?

Your long-barrel pistolas reminded me of that :)

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great movie. I love the scene where Reynolds and Eastwood keep drawing progressively larger pistols from somewhere beneath their coats during the final shoot out.

I got the hankering again today , and put away my Glock 19 for the day and strapped on my Smith 66 snubbie in that same Bianchi rig. Old school charm.

Top Bottom