• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably, true. Plus many of our NATO allies issue Glock 17 as their service weapon and several SF groups use a 17 or 19 as their service handgun as well.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another success story from our militaries procurement system. Pistols that suck. Camoflauge uniforms that blends with nothing at all. An awesome modular weapon that can be upgraded with a simple replacement of the upper half but we do not do it etc etc.

No worries though, the people making the decisions on these things are the people that will not be doing any of the fighting in said kit. So who cares right?

Lets keep having the lowest bidder build our crap mortar systems where the dud rate is at times more than half the lot or sometimes they decide to blow up in the tube for some reason.

Lets not upgrade our infantry small arms to better more reliable systems while being able to save weight, increase reliability and ultimately save Soldiers lives.

Lets lobby to take away the A10 which was the ground pounders best friend in a close in fight.

I once saw and Apache missle system fail 3 times in a row, in a real life situation before his wingman had to take lead and launch a couple of hellfires.

I get a bit emotional with this topic cause it is near and dear to my heart. Our guys should have the best most cutting edge kit available to them. That does not always mean the most cutting edge battery powered stuff. Land Warrior my ass.

The troops should be getting the best in all things from camo, comms, small arms, and medical kit. We can have cell phones do remarkable things but we have not figured out how to make a tactical radio with the battery life of a smartphone and the capabilities.

We all know the humvee is a dated design and with its flat bottom is prone to getting you killed. Instead of designing and fielding a comparable replacement, we issue out these monster trucks with their much touted V hull;s. Ever try driving an un armored humvee through some of the afghan passes? Well try it in one of those monsters.

The enemy is smart, they know to get high and stay high. The chances of American infantry chasing them through the mountain ridges and passes is unlikely because we have all this awesome mandatody kit like side plates, neck and groin protectors etc. Sometimes speed is life, and speed is killing the enemy.

Ok rant over, thanks fellas.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Maybe glock should have put more effort than a 19 slide and a 17 frame into meeting the stated requirements.
    The army and marine corps already had contracts with glock, its strange the army wanted module frames etc etc, but that's what they wanted. What I think is funny is that I haven't heard of issues with fmj, ejection of live rounds, failed drop safe about the m&p/fn/ruger yet the Sig won.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Another success story from our militaries procurement system. Pistols that suck. Camoflauge uniforms that blends with nothing at all. An awesome modular weapon that can be upgraded with a simple replacement of the upper half but we do not do it etc etc.

No worries though, the people making the decisions on these things are the people that will not be doing any of the fighting in said kit. So who cares right?

I'm absolutely convinced that whoever chose the Marine Tactical Vest(replacement for the interceptor) never not once tried the pos on, nor ever was at risk to wearing it, because if they had there's no way they'd approve it. Nothing says it better than the fact when my unit deployed in 2009, there were eagle plate carriers waiting for anyone in construction, equipment operators, vehicle drivers, basically anyone in a confined space or was expected to move around and work.

Won't surprise me if army units hold onto m9's as long as possible for individuals that actually require sidearms.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    guns and spaceships should not be picked by cost factors.

“As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.”
    John Glenn

Top Bottom