• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Published in 1948, hence the title of the book.

Btw spot on for broad generalizations of a group based on a few that take a name(often not based on actual beliefs/actions). All sides do this.

I stand corrected...don't know why I thought it was the 50's but I did. The book means much more when you are 50 yrs old than when you are 13 and is a homework assignment.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In the grand scheme 2 years isn't a thing, I just remember that's how he came up with the name. It's still post war, red scare era.

And you're right, lots of books mean more when you're old than when your young. Some are the other way around. Great books are both.
    In terrified to read starship troopers again(I read on a greyhound on my way too MCT), and also Gates of Fire(burned through it on a PB on deployment) because I don't want to ruin the affect they had.(and neither are great books honestly).

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So once again, it's just your unbiased opinion, with no proof offered to support the lies that you spout on a regular bases.

Show me some of the lies I've posted on a regular basis or let it go. You can respond in a PM if you'd like to save yourself some embarrassment.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In the grand scheme 2 years isn't a thing, I just remember that's how he came up with the name. It's still post war, red scare era.

And you're right, lots of books mean more when you're old than when your young. Some are the other way around. Great books are both.
    In terrified to read starship troopers again(I read on a greyhound on my way too MCT), and also Gates of Fire(burned through it on a PB on deployment) because I don't want to ruin the affect they had.(and neither are great books honestly).

You must be one of those young Marines who went to MCT....it wasn’t around when I joined up...Starship Troopers use to be on The Commandants Reading list, Semper Fi Bro

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You must be one of those young Marines who went to MCT....it wasn’t around when I joined up...Starship Troopers use to be on The Commandants Reading list, Semper Fi Bro

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength

I think I'm considered old corps now, since we wore deserts in the summer, qualed with iron sights and rolled sleeves.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fake news.
    Why is that fake news.
    Here is the book on sale

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness Paperback – October 21, 2011
    by Jr. M.D., Lyle H. Rossiter (Author),‎ George Foster (Cover Design),‎ Bob Spear (Designer)
    4.1 out of 5 stars 157 customer reviews
    See all 5 formats and editions

Kindle
    $7.99
    Read with Our Free App
    Paperback
    $17.29
    20 Used from $10.08 22 New from $12.64

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is that fake news.
    Here is the book on sale

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness Paperback – October 21, 2011
    by Jr. M.D., Lyle H. Rossiter (Author),‎ George Foster (Cover Design),‎ Bob Spear (Designer)
    4.1 out of 5 stars 157 customer reviews
    See all 5 formats and editions

Kindle
    $7.99
    Read with Our Free App
    Paperback
    $17.29
    20 Used from $10.08 22 New from $12.64

Searching for "Lyle Rossiter" + "expert testimony", I learned that Dr Rossiter is not particularly good at his expert-witnessing grift; the Google provided no end of cases where courts had thrown out his testimony because he had no expertise and no evidence and was merely a hack with opinions that his clients had paid for.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah liberal federal judges tend to throw the truth out, Rossiter is the expert on the liberal mind.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Searching for "Lyle Rossiter" + "expert testimony", I learned that Dr Rossiter is not particularly good at his expert-witnessing grift; the Google provided no end of cases where courts had thrown out his testimony because he had no expertise and no evidence and was merely a hack with opinions that his clients had paid for.
    Thanks.

It is not fake news since the book and he does exist. He is not an expect that is well regarded by many and he could be called a false expert, but fake news to me is when something is totally made up and never happened or even existed.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks.

It is not fake news since the book and he does exist. He is not an expect that is well regarded by many and he could be called a false expert, but fake news to me is when something is totally made up and never happened or even existed.

Then I suggest you post your criteria so everyone will know what you accept as "real" or "fake". The person and the book do indeed exist, but the credibility of the material is certainly in question.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah liberal federal judges tend to throw the truth out, Rossiter is the expert on the liberal mind.

Extreme right wing-nuts tend to think all judges are liberals. I'd wager you haven't read a word about Rossiter except what has been posted right here on this forum.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not extreme at all, Just an American who loves the Country as opposed to liberals trying to tear it down. and yes I have read his book and about him,very accomplished man. I posted about him originally and have for a long time, that is how out of touch the liberals are in America today...

Ok I am out of here, no common sense or ability to know the truth so no sense in having an adult conversation

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Then I suggest you post your criteria so everyone will know what you accept as "real" or "fake". The person and the book do indeed exist, but the credibility of the material is certainly in question.
    There many experts that in my eyes are not credible including the one in question. I am not longer right or left, but take things on what the issue is and try to see who is right or as is most often the case that everyone is wrong. Theis fellow is probably as credible as some of the left wing equivalents are which means not.
    Still not fake news which usually just a made up story.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There many experts that in my eyes are not credible including the one in question. I am not longer right or left, but take things on what the issue is and try to see who is right or as is most often the case that everyone is wrong. Theis fellow is probably as credible as some of the left wing equivalents are which means not.
    Still not fake news which usually just a made up story.

I can certainly live with that. Cheers.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I can tell you right now, that the majority of the federal judges I have encountered are anything but liberal.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom