Target Sports

Taking guns from the mentally ill sounds good but.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is this not what is being done now if a woman claims domestic abuse, take the guns then figure it out?

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Frank is that sarcasm?

One person says she is afraid and the judge orders that the guns must go? There was no abuse. The son and DiL were long divorced. The DiL got even with the ex through his father!

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A retired O6 can afford an attorney to fight this, what about those that cannot? Should they lose their rights due to false accusations just because they cannot afford an attorney to get their due process? Courts should issue emergency subpoena's to get the "accused" into court within a reasonable time frame (Reasonable to the judge, 2-5 days?) before any court order is made to surrender firearms. False accusations should be a felony! It will be difficult to prove perceived feelings of danger, but the repercussions need to be there. We are a great country but if we don't demand our Constitutional Rights be enforced, we may not be great for much longer.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Frank is that sarcasm?

One person says she is afraid and the judge orders that the guns must go? There was no abuse. The son and DiL were long divorced. The DiL got even with the ex through his father!

No sir, that is how they do it in FL, not sure for how long, we sure don't want it to be widely known. I am sure it is like that in some other states too...sickening. Like in a child custody case where the woman falsely accuses the man of child abuse or endangerment, it can easily be faked long enough for a lot of trouble and time to be caused...and that has been happening for a long time.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Both examples sited here on how folks lost thier right to guns was family related issue, anyone notice that...? Not your nieghbor or the V.A. doctor, or your boss getting you baker acted OR feeling unsafe because you own “X” number of guns OR you have a CC permit. Think about that. While I value your opinions, I don’t agree with them. Now that said, what suggestion do you have how to make the current situation our country finds itself in...? I hear you on not wanting to change the mental health laws as they pertain to this issue, but then what? Let’s hear some pro-active ideas.
    Ok.

1. If we are going to have mental health laws that can temporarily/permanently remove Constitutional Rights, then those laws need to be about mental health. Not about beliefs, opinions, feels, etc.

2. Any mental health laws, rules, evaluations applied to ownership/possesion of firearms will be applied to all LE, EMS, and ALL federal/state/local elected officals. Any new requirements changes will be applied to above retroactively. No pass, no play. If a law, rule, etc., can be used to withold the life/death power of a firearm, so then, those who hold a position charged with making life/death decisions and policy MUST be held to the same high standard applied to firearm possession/ownership.

3. Any accusations will not be acted on without facts/evidence. Anything following, "I feel, felt, think, thought" will be struck from the record.

4. Anyone proven to have made a false accusation, will summarily be given the maximum sentence(s) for the crime(s) they accused. Appeals will be heard after incarceration.

I could go on. There is a start.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am kind of thinking taking guns from democrats and thug children thereof, would drop shooting deaths by 90%, I think they are mentally ill if they ascribe to the democrat party talking points...

seems like a large majority of these are leftists, and in no gun zones...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am kind of thinking taking guns from democrats and thug children thereof, would drop shooting deaths by 90%, I think they are mentally ill if they ascribe to the democrat party talking points...

seems like a large majority of these are leftists, and in no gun zones...
    Two open questions for legal experts:

1. What are the legalities of gun shops/FFL-holders refusing to sell to anyone mentioned based on their morals?

2. How about if a local gun shop takes in a gun for work, calls the local authorities, and says something like, "There's just something not right about this girl/guy. I don't want anything to do with this. You need to come get this gun and check this girl/guy out."??

We've got a court ruling that says a baker does not have to bake a cake if it conflicts with their morals/beliefs.

We have major companies/corporations refusing to sell certain items and/or to do business/associate with certain organizations that represent law-abiding gun owners.

We have a president, state/local politicians, and obviously some citizens based on comments on this and other forums, who support taking guns first, and then figuring out all the legal stuff when/if they feel like it.

Seems we have precedent and have somewhat demonstrated will of the people.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your friend has his due process...he can get a lawyer and fight the current judgement. That’s our system, like it or not. I don’t agree with it, but that’s our world now. Name a better country with better laws to live in...Ive been all over the world and can’t think of any myself. Sounds from the way you describe him he should have no issues being retired officer and current pilot, etc. winning back his rights.

Spending tons of time and money winning rights back after they've been wrongfully taken is not due process. The fact that so many Americans get this wrong is why we are losing our right to due process in the first place.

"Best in the world" doesn't cut it if this what "best in the world" is.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will cost between $5000 and 15000 to get your rights back even if falsely accused, that is what they count on.

Exactly right. The goal of the gun-grabbers is to get you to voluntarily give up guns because having, and keeping them, is so painfully expensive. They will continue to raise taxes and fees on guns, ammo, and related items until they are not affordable except to those that govern this country.

Top Bottom