• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone else disappointed in his actions the other day regarding the 2A? Makes me sad to think he is just another politician who will say whatever he has to to get elected. And yes I voted for the SOB....well I really voted against the other bitch. Maybe it is time the Republican party just let him sink.

Idoono

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think he was just playing the liberals, telling them what they want to hear.
    He said this morning that he wants no gun control.
    I’ll tell you what, some of these people are nuts. There was a column in the PNJ yesterday by a columnist named Tim Walters. This little wimp is nuts.
    He thinks gun owners should have to buy a yearly license and that 10% of every gun sale should go to school safety.
    Sure, put the burden on the backs of lawful gun owners. Makes great sense.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Trump says a lot of things in the heat of the moment before his advisors get a chance to talk to him. I'll wait for judgement until I see anti-gun legislation pushed through that he supports.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was yesterday:

Trump says he’ll ban bump stocks through executive order

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Wednesday that his administration was drafting an executive order that would ban rapid-fire gun bump stocks and appeared to embrace a series of gun-control measures that his party has long rejected. During an extraordinary hour-long discussion on school safety at the White House, his free-wheeling positions on guns appeared to startle several members of a bipartisan group of lawmakers.

The first step starts with Trump himself, he said Wednesday, when he promised to "essentially, write [bump stocks] out" with an executive order, instructing lawmakers that they won't have to include the measure in future gun and school safety legislation coming out of the Hill. "The lawyers" are working on this executive order "right now," he said.

"Shortly," Trump assured of bump stocks, "that'll be gone.
    "

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't have a problem, he is trying to do the RIGHT thing, sometimes we like it other times we do not. The gun issue has not been settled, he had another NRA meeting last night, so I am in a wait and see mode right now. Please refrain from "the sky is falling" mentality

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think these broadcast meetings involve a "teaser", just before the commercial break, so people will stay tuned in. One side is giddy, the other obviously distressed. Then, when the show resumes, the twist occurs, and things revert to the expected. Tune in next week.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Better than Hillary or the spineless Jeb or Rubio who would pathetically be sucking up to the liberal media that hates their guts. I like the tax cuts, deregulation, and the fact he doesn't take crap from the media.

He's a recovering New York liberal so no surprise he doesn't support gun rights like he should. He thinks the 2nd amendment is so his sons can pay 50K to go smoke an exotic animal that never stood a chance. Shocking how many think Trump is this ultra conservative gun rights guy and playing some kind of 4d chess here. He's not and just wants praise wherever he can get it.

It's a shame the goto defense of owning these rifles now is that they are not as lethal as the military version because they don't have a full auto capability. Argument is already lost when you start there. They are pretty damn lethal in capable hands.

Should be educating on and defending the true intent of the 2nd Amendment and why we have the right and need as American citizens to responsibly own a capable weapon. Instead I see people on TV saying my rifle can't spray bullets quite as fast as a true M4 so I should be allowed to own it.

When this is said and done I predict AR type rifles will be regulated like SBRs with tax stamps. It will be done with Republicans in control of the White House and Congress....Unreal.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was yesterday:

Trump says he’ll ban bump stocks through executive order

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Wednesday that his administration was drafting an executive order that would ban rapid-fire gun bump stocks and appeared to embrace a series of gun-control measures that his party has long rejected. During an extraordinary hour-long discussion on school safety at the White House, his free-wheeling positions on guns appeared to startle several members of a bipartisan group of lawmakers.

The first step starts with Trump himself, he said Wednesday, when he promised to "essentially, write [bump stocks] out" with an executive order, instructing lawmakers that they won't have to include the measure in future gun and school safety legislation coming out of the Hill. "The lawyers" are working on this executive order "right now," he said.

"Shortly," Trump assured of bump stocks, "that'll be gone.
    "

Don't think he can do this through executive order

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The "take the guns first and do due process second" comment was a bit unsettling.

For a bunch of reasons. Due process is another fundamental constitutional right. So he is just off offhandedly suggesting stomping on two constitutional rights. I know he did not read the Constitution before the election, but since he has taken an oath to defend it, he really should take a moment to read it or if necessary have someone read it to him.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't think he can do this through executive order

It'll be tied up in the courts along with his travel ban and DACA EOs. But while thats going on, is everyone going to turn in their stuff while the courts sort it out? or wait for an overzealous prosecutor?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This just in:

President Donald Trump's stance on guns has not wavered a day after he set up a meeting with National Rifle Association officials, the White House said on Friday.

Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met with Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA's lobbying arm Thursday evening, who quickly tweeted that Trump and Pence "don't want gun control."

That's an apparent shift from Trump's comments during a meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers Wednesday, when he signaled his support for policies — such as strengthening background checks to raising the minimum age to buy certain guns and taking guns away from the mentally ill — that are vehemently opposed by the gun lobby.

Asked if Trump's thinking has changed since Wednesday's meeting, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, "not that I'm aware of."

She said the only specific promise Trump made to the NRA was that "he'll support the Second Amendment. That's not something that he's backed away from. The background check system is something that he's still very much interested in improving."

Well somebody is wrong

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would like to thank you guys for keeping it civil. It was not my intent to start any kind of flame war but rather to see if anyone else was unsettled with his apparent flip-flopping. Still not sure where he stands but maybe that is his game.

Idoono

Top Bottom