• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was reading a few articles on all of the different corporations taking a political stance against or for gun rights. It'd be nice imo to have a consolidated thread of corporations that are for/against gun rights... imho if a business wants to involve politics, I'll also do the same when choosing whether to conduct business with them.

So here are the companies that I've seen so far that have taken a stand against the NRA:
    Alamo Rent a Car
    Avis
    Allied Van Lines
    Bestwestern
    Budget
    Chubb Insurance
    Delta Air Lines
    Enterprise Rent-a-Car
    First National Bank of Omaha
    Hertz
    MetLife
    North American Van Lines
    Paramount Rx
    SimpliSafe
    Symantec
    TrueCar
    (Source: http://www.newsweek.com/nra-boycott...t-ties-gun-lobby-over-florida-shooting-819050)

Here are a few companies that have taken a stance against "assault style weapons" and changing their company policy to make owning a gun more difficult:
    Wal-Mart (Source - http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/28/news/companies/walmart-guns/index.html)
    Dick's Sporting Goods - (Sounce - https://apnews.com/2663d23b8d5442fb...-ends-sales-of-assault-style-rifles-in-stores)

I also found this list: http://www.2acheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Boycott-List-2014.09.22.png

but I haven't fact checked the source out just yet - http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/ a few of those companies strike me as odd such as hooters and waffle house.

Also, another resource: https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/businesses-that-prohibit-guns-or-have-no-gun-policies/

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank you for this. Yeah in my family we joke Waffle House is the probably the most armed restaurant in FL (patron wise), even if we are not there.

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It kills me to see sporting goods stores being anti-2A. I got an email from Dick's yesterday.. the typical ad blast email.. and I decided to hit the unsubscribe button. When it asked for a reason I gladly gave them one. I had to check the 'Other' box.. but told them that since they have once again decided to prove they are anti-2A that I no longer needed their spam because I would no longer be shopping there.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks, after reading the list I dont think it gives me many options for a rental car

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, after reading the list I dont think it gives me many options for a rental car

Turo. Ive used it a few times. Interesting concept. LIke AirBnB for cars.

Megan Boone, the star of NBC's (yeah I know, duh) "The Blacklist" says her character will never carry an Assault Weapon (isn't it fake? And there's no such thing..but anyway) again. IMHO the advertisers of this show would belong on this list. Honestly it's too bad...I liked that show and she's hot.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    my tv watching now consists of duck dynasty, battlebots(when I can find it), forged in fire, life below zero, gold rush, swamp people, Alaska the last frontier, the last Alaskans, deadliest catch, and fox business, weather channel, fox news..maybe live pd cop shows

no liberal mainstream tv shows, very few movies...guess I will start reading more now..

shopping more from grocery advantage, winn Dixie and keeping money local when I eat out, small resturants, not chains owned by big libs

I will do my best not to spend with these anti gun companies

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw where the Georgia legislature removing Delta's jet-fuel tax break over the airline severing ties with the NRA cost the company $40 million, yet only 13 passengers ever bought tickets with the NRA discount. :laugh:

And some other virtue signaling companies seem to be getting some pushback in the court of public opinion on their cutting ties with the NRA too.

Companies See Negative Responses to Cutting Business Ties With NRA

Last edited:

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info. I will not give my money to anti 2A businesses.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is great on a national level, but what is being done locally to make sure that that florida politicians are well aware that local "sportspeople" will not accept anti-gun legislation that unfairly, and needlessly targets inanimate objects and law-abiding gun owners? And I mean "well aware" to the point that votes and careers are in the hands of law-abiding gun owners.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put this in another post, but 98.7 FM was proud to support the grand opening of Dick's in Pace yesterday..... There are other stations, and I'm sure they'd like to hear from you.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Add the Bank of America to the list...
    Bank of America officially took sides in America’s gun debate Tuesday, announcing it would no longer make loans to companies that make “military-style” weapons.

The second-biggest U.S. bank announced Tuesday that it would drop current loan-customers Vista Outdoors, Remington and Sturm Ruger, and blackball any other manufacturer of assault weapons.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/10/bank-america-cuts-gun-companies-make-military-styl/

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put this in another post, but 98.7 FM was proud to support the grand opening of Dick's in Pace yesterday..... There are other stations, and I'm sure they'd like to hear from you.

I'm not familiar with that station, but I'm sure Dick's paid for that support.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not familiar with that station, but I'm sure Dick's paid for that support.
    Cat Country in Pensacola. Yeah, I'm sure they did, too. That's usually what it comes down to; it's all about the money.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    these progressive liberal infiltrated companies really piss me off...
    This ought to make you happy

Citi Bank is another anti gun bank. You know who provides the government travel card that every government employee, including military, uses when they travel on official business? Uh-huh, Citi Bank, and they get a fee each and every time that card is used. So, official government travel is generating payola for an anti gun company. And, our elected officials can't use the didn't know excuse 'cause they have/use the same card. But Syria is what's important right now, and that witch-hunt thing.....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This ought to make you happy

Citi Bank is another anti gun bank. You know who provides the government travel card that every government employee, including military, uses when they travel on official business? Uh-huh, Citi Bank, and they get a fee each and every time that card is used. So, official government travel is generating payola for an anti gun company. And, our elected officials can't use the didn't know excuse 'cause they have/use the same card. But Syria is what's important right now, and that witch-hunt thing.....

the swamp is deep and wide, and very old...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the swamp is deep and wide, and very old...

You got that right. Big government is all about perpetuating itself with any benefit to us being a deliberate side effect that can be exploited for votes. For instance, the big tax cut. I've seen multiple posts (not just here) indicating folks are OK with some new gun legislation because the 'good' of tax cut offsets the 'bad' of new gun legislation ;) If we could roll back what has happened since February 14th, I'd gladly go back to my wages before the tax cut; not much difference.

Top Bottom