DK Firearms

SimpliSafe response to my concern ... now looking for other options...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ADT.

Has USAA discounts, for installation, sensors, and rates. Not much more than the Simplisafe monthly. Yeah, different contract lengths, but how long have you used a "contract free" service? Probably longer than a couple years? After that, it's month to month, no changes.

Cell tower. Battery backups. Live monitoring from your phone. Multiple cameras. Automation.

Monitored smoke detection and carbon-monoxide. Plus the burglary, obviously. I forget which combo gets you a discount on your home insurance. A simple form provided by ADT to show your insurance company.

Just another option.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I installed my own system the Vista 20P, but you can get any wireless system kinda all simply safe uses and get anyone to monitor it.

Matter of fact Alarm Relay can probably use the system you already have if you own it??? Ask them... Just don't tell simplysafe you are canceling until you find someone else for monitoring they can and will send a code to lock it down they all play that game. I'm not sure how simplysafe works never really been interested in there stuff.

I don't like total wireless systems to easy to jam them from properly working.

I do use an ipDataTel CDMA-BAT (CBAT) wireless dialer for the main monitoring data path. It basically a cellular system give the bad guys no wires to cut like a phone line or your internet connection.

Alarmrelay have been great. Very fast to respond. I test them quite often. They have no contract and probably the best price I have ever found. I did months of research before deciding a path to go.

https://www.alarmrelay.com/

https://www.security.honeywell.com/...ontrol-panel/burglary/ademco-vista/14958.html

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Funny I just asked and received a quote but had not "pulled the trigger" yet, wrote them back this AM saying if you are anti the NRA I am anti simplisafe..see ya

Tradewind

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I plan to write a similar message to SimpliSafe. I really don't want to cancel but I'm considering it. I had ADT for many years but the cost after updating/upgrading my 20 year old system went to about $40 per month, I'm paying $15 for SimpliSafe. For now it comes down to home security vs principles.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Amazing...business has no business getting caught up in political arguments....and a home security system being anti-NRA???? As I often say, humans are the only animal on the planet that can consciously act in their own self-destruction! Here may be the poster-child for dumb dumb dumb business decisions...the CEO needs to be fired and the company needs a new board of directors if they support this action...but first, the pain of losing customers, revenue...lay off some employees...then a moment of clarity...maybe. If not, there are various articles of bankruptcy to choose from should the madness continue too long.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was talking with a guy I was doing business with a couple years ago, he showed me his security system at his house up in the mountains, on his cellphone. He started popping up the rooms in the house, outside cams, driveway cams, etc. He said it could open/close the garage door if he wanted, turn lights off and on, turn ac or heat on and set temp, just all sorts of things.
    I thought it was really cool, because his house was a good 4-500 miles away. I asked him what happens if there was a break-in, trespasser, etc?
    He said it is programed that when movement is detected, it automatically alerts him via his cellphone. If it was a delivery or someone at the door, he could talk to them. If the alert needed the police, their number was preprogrammed in his phone and he could call them. He said he could also program the system to automatically send a prerecorded message to the local police department.
    Yes, he said the price tag was high, and said it was worth every penny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom