• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, I apologize for derailing your thread about the financial savings you and others have received from the new tax bill. Please feel free to continue the discussion on this thread. I will not participate in this thread beyond this initial post, which is now concluded.

DBCDave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just read Sawman's first thread. Was shocked at the goofy anti Trump comments, crazy.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Now . . . I will surely pay you the appoppriate respect (however no more) to stay on topic of this (your) thread.
    First . . I feel that it was pretty sad that the mods shut down MY thread because of YOU,Droshki,and Roasters Gallery. Especially if they simply shut it down without a PM to each of you. This,understanding that is their decission. Especially if they read thru the posts above yours a noted how good that it was going before you jumped in,quickly followed by your like minded members. As a MOD I would have slammed you guys even before now,but especially last night,but that's just me.
    Have I said anything to get this post closed down yet. I hope not.
    If you have not or will not see a savings from the Presidents (Mr. Trump),or the Republican sponsored tax cuts,that is fine. If you have,and for some reason you did not want to post,that is fine also. Same with your "followers".
    The fact that you guys are hard core,Hillary,Pelosi,Reed,Schumer,Democrats is fine with me. It is the way that ya'll simply jump on most every political conversation and intentionally try to piss people off. I have talked to numerous members about how you guys operate and none are happy about it. Quite a few are wondering why the MODs choose to ignore you and Droshki. Personally,I understand Joel. But that is just me . . again.
    If you want to start your own thread about how you feel the Democrats have attemped to save the country from the POTUS and The Republicans . . . FINE . . go for it.
    You people need to remember that although most,including me,respect the Democratic point of view,and understand why the two parties are different,we also see what has came to light about the past election and how the Democrats have chose to operate. We here can plainly see why you post. I feel that it is not part of your convictions,it is simply to throw shit on the President and the American people in general. And for the most part,us "deplorables" don't like it.
    Dispite what Pelosi has said,my savings are not "peanuts". The money will help me and my family. I just wanted to see if there were others here that were seeing an increase in their paychecks. UNFORTUNATELY . . that thread got closed instead of your posts being wiped from it,followed by a PM from a MOD.
    This will be my only post on this (your) thread. Have a super day. --- SAWMAN

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now . . . I will surely pay you the appoppriate respect (however no more) to stay on topic of this (your) thread.
    First . . I feel that it was pretty sad that the mods shut down MY thread because of YOU,Droshki,and Roasters Gallery. Especially if they simply shut it down without a PM to each of you. This,understanding that is their decission. Especially if they read thru the posts above yours a noted how good that it was going before you jumped in,quickly followed by your like minded members. As a MOD I would have slammed you guys even before now,but especially last night,but that's just me.
    If you have not or will not see a savings from the Presidents (Mr. Trump),or the Republican sponsored tax cuts,that is fine. If you have,and for some reason you did not want to post,that is fine also. Same with your "followers".
    The fact that you guys are hard core,Hillary,Pelosi,Reed,Schumer,Democrats is fine with me. It is the way that ya'll simply jump on most every political conversation and intentionally try to piss people off. I have talked to numerous members about how you guys operate and none are happy about it. Quite a few are wondering why the MODs choose to ignore you and Droshki. Personally,I understand Joel. But that is just me . . again.
    If you want to start your own thread about how you feel the Democrats have attemped to save the country from the POTUS and The Republicans . . . FINE . . go for it.
    You people need to remember that although most,including me,respect the Democratic point of view,and understand why the two parties are different,we also see what has came to light about the past election and how the Democrats have chose to operate. We here can plainly see why you post. I feel that it is not part of your convictions,it is simply to throw shit on the President and the American people in general. And for the most part,us "deplorables" don't like it.
    Dispite what Pelosi has said,my savings are not "peanuts". The money will help me and my family. I just wanted to see if there were others here that were seeing an increase in their paychecks. UNFORTUNATELY . . that thread got closed instead of your posts being wiped from it,followed by a PM from a MOD.

I did not post in that thread, Bill, so not sure why you think anyone should send me a PM about it. Have a super day.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yeah I agree, it's more than peanuts to me too. Saving $25 a paycheck equates to $100+ savings for me per month which in turn fills up my truck once and my wife's car once, pretty much pays for half of our gas expenses for the month, that's a lot of peanuts!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree with Sawman too in the fact the offending parties should have been dealt with, their posts should have been deleted and a PM sent to them advising them to refrain derailing threads with political crap. It started out as a good discussion and it was obvious to anyone who the offending parties were, sucks that a good discussion has to be closed because one or two persons derail it.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I did not post in that thread, Bill, so not sure why you think anyone should send me a PM about it. Have a super day.

Correct, you didn't post in the thread. However, I thought you did, too, so when I went back to look, I can understand SAWMAN's oversight: it's because your name showed up a few times under their posts where it shows who "liked" their derailing posts.

Have a super day.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am having a super day. Thank you :)

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It would be easy to explain, show them the video of a cat playing chopsticks and then read to them the comments from said video.

After the 3rd time rewatching the video, they would be asking how to call BUNNYstar6969 a dag-nabbed fool and pinko commie for criticizing the cat.

People don't change.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Right, If everyone stuck to gun topics, there would be a lot less problems. Initiating threads on taxes, politics, religion, or anything else like that...... and its almost certainly going to devolve.

Only because certain trolls seem to do nothing but look for threads to derail.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Right, If everyone stuck to gun topics, there would be a lot less problems. Initiating threads on taxes, politics, religion, or anything else like that...... and its almost certainly going to devolve.

This is literally the "General Discussion: Off Topic" section with a headline description that says "Non Gun related, post here".

The "devolve" part is on the person posting...

Besides, even in a gun-only topic, we won't all agree. 45 vs 9. Wheel gun vs semi-auto. Steel vs plastic.

There's a difference between discussing different viewpoints in an effort to learn and broaden prospective, and arguing one viewpoint in an effort to convince or belittle.

One conversation is between adults. The other involves children speaking past each other...

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I can see shit here hasnt changed much. Ill give it another shot in a few more months. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Hold on bro, it's not quite that simple. You requested that is be closed and why am I going to waste time pruning a thread from the same four to six 40+ year old juveniles that can't discuss a topic without acting like my grandkids?
    From now on if the few of you can't get along like grown men I'll continue to shut the threads down and start throwing suspensions in the mix. I try to not be a dick or suspend anyone, but some of you make that task damn near impossible. The same goes for Jeb21, Droshki, or anyone else who wants to act like a little sniveling kid.
    The mods spend 90% of their moderating duties dealing with 4-6 members of 5919 members. If this post gets your knickers in a knot good. If you think I'm a giant dick I don't care. What I do care about is that the other 5913 members of the forum don't have to deal with the daily "he touched me" style BS that has become the norm from a few people.

Here is the email where you requested it be closed and we reprimand those you disagree with......

"SAWMAN ( mailto:xxxxxdeltetedforprivacysake@yahoo.com*) has reported this post:

https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?45485&p=401549#post401549

This is part of this thread:
    Our savings . . .
    https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?45485

This is the reason that the user gave:
    Cancel this post and repremand this member. See my below post.---- SAWMAN

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable"

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    :argue::lalala::doh::gossip::boink::typing::lie::boxing::eyebrows::help::faint::nono::mod:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apple and other corporations using their GOP tax savings exactly how they said they would

Apple took the GOP tax cut and turned it into a $100 billion stock buyback

Apple’s latest earnings report shows it’s a huge winner in the Republican tax cut bill, and so are its shareholders.

Apple just announced a stock buyback equal to the size of Ecuador’s GDP, thanks to the Republican tax cut bill.

In a quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, the Cupertino, California-based company said it would put in place a new $100 billion share buyback program and increase its quarterly dividend by 16 percent. It’s no coincidence that Apple is a major beneficiary of the GOP tax cuts — its effective tax rate (the amount it actually pays) has dropped by about 10 percent between this year and last, and it’s saving an estimated $47 billion on taxes on profits earned overseas as well.

Of the multiple major buyback announcements companies have made since the tax bill was passed in December, Apple’s is by far the biggest. But there have been others as well: The tech conglomerate Cisco in February said it would put an additional $25 billion toward a stock buyback. Troubled megabank Wells Fargo in January announced about $22 billion in buybacks. Pepsi announced a $15 billion buyback, Amgen and AbbVie $10 billion, and Google’s parent company Alphabet $8.6 billion.

Stock buybacks occur when companies repurchase shares of their own stock. That leaves remaining shareholders with a bigger chunk of the company and increases the earnings they reap per share. Buybacks have become increasingly popular in recent years and have boomed in the wake of the tax bill.

Top Bottom