• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is it just me "tin foil hat time" that finds it odd that at the beginning of having meaningful dialogue on arming teachers, and doing away with gun free zones, there is a firearm discharge by a teacher in a empty class room... Now there is everyone screaming " See this is why teachers cant be armed"..
    Im sorry but that's a little too much coincidence for me.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just read about it online after seeing this posting....I’m sure msnbc.com and the likes are foaming at the mouth over a psycho teacher who lost it....with emphasis on the adjective “phsycho”...

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol. IMO arming teachers is not the way to go. Having the option for teachers to be ar,ed would be a good thing as it keeps the bad guy guessing but forcing them to have a firearm I think may be a bad idea

We have government subsidized private armies all over the world. Why can’t we use some of that money to bring in some trained individuals to protect out children. I would feel better with a seasoned guys watching out for my kids safety than a teacher whose maximum exposure has been a nerf gun. Just my thoughts

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lol. IMO arming teachers is not the way to go. Having the option for teachers to be ar,ed would be a good thing as it keeps the bad guy guessing but forcing them to have a firearm I think may be a bad idea

We have government subsidized private armies all over the world. Why can’t we use some of that money to bring in some trained individuals to protect out children. I would feel better with a seasoned guys watching out for my kids safety than a teacher whose maximum exposure has been a nerf gun. Just my thoughts
    I don't think anyone is in favor of arming every teacher... even though the media makes it seem that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you just allowed teachers the option to carry at school(if they had a permit, shit and even with principal or board approval first) salon or Hoff post would pass a brick, and the Russian twitter bots would flood the net with memes about teachers forced to carry uzis in 24 hours.
    You couldn't buy that kind of publicity.

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The media characterizes allowing teachers to legally carry as arming them, to stir up hate and discontent. We need to do away with gun-free zones, and the quickest way to do that is to allow permitted teachers to carry .

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does anyone ever think about how many teachers are on drugs, not to mention the unstable ones? People don't want to know this, they rather look at teachers as people who do no wrong. But in reality, they are no different than anyone else.
    If there are any teachers on the forum, how many drug tests have you had since your employment and when was your last drug screening, if ever? How about a psychological screening?
    A teacher friend told me they are personally scared crapless of the thought of carrying a weapon, much less having to shoot someone. They also said they have only had 1 drug screening and that was 20 years ago. Go figure. Another teacher I know uses drugs daily. They've been teaching countless years and has never had a drug test. I honestly can't see WHY they have never been tested? It is very obvious they are on drugs too.
    So No, I do not think the teachers should be armed just for these facts and the fact like the teacher that shot a round off at the school, as in the OP. Just google "teacher shoots gun in classroom" and see how many hits you get. It's evident that teachers have a stressful job, and are no different from anyone else, even though they are thought to be.
    Florida should hire responsible civilian guards, or off-duty deputies for school security. And they should undergo drug and psychological screenings regularly, unlike the majority of teachers in Florida.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The media characterizes allowing teachers to legally carry as arming them, to stir up hate and discontent. We need to do away with gun-free zones, and the quickest way to do that is to allow permitted teachers to carry .

Is there anyone on here that would actually even seriously dispute that a random teacher with a concealed weapon has less then 1/10 of the tactical training, physiological profiling, resiliency training, and annual qualifications certifications ....then the cop that ultimately chose to put his personal safety and retirement plans ahead of defending the lives of the children he was specifically employed to protect, by any means necessary?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think you can easily screen and train 10+ or so Coaches, Admin, teachers in a school for added security. Gun free zones in our schools is a thing of the past and wrong thinking.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plus, it seems like at least once a week some teacher gets caught boinking or otherwise abusing the children under their care. Adding a firearm to this unseemly, coerced, interpersonal relationship dynamic would only make it worse?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you can easily screen and train 10+ or so Coaches, Admin, teachers in a school for added security. Gun free zones in our schools is a thing of the past and wrong thinking.

10 employees (per school) X 90,000 elementary and secondary schools = 900,000 people to undergo training, at what, $50,000 each? Thats 45 billion dollars. And doesn't include recurring training.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am not advocating for all teachers to be armed.. However i do know that there are a few sheepdogs that probably train harder and practice more often with a CCW then the pos resource officer that stayed outside while that tragedy unfolded.
    I would rather have one teacher with the will and the ability to protect my kids inside the school , then the entire friggin dept outside waiting for someone to make a decision.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OMG! A teacher illegally fired a unauthorized gun in a (Gun Free Zone) empty classroom and got appropriately charged. Big deal. Teachers have murdered before. So have Cops and Military personnel and I'm not talking about on the job either. So have people in religous positions and not just Muslims either. So who the heck can we trust? Come on, Society is so screwed up they blame entire profession for the actions of one individual: now its obsurd to consider qualified, trained volunteer teachers to be armed! I'm really disappointed! This is the same BS pushed by BLM labeling all cops bad. This is also the same thing when there is a major criminal event and every lawful fitearms owners 2A rights AS THEY STAND are threatened. People can jump on the snowflake train if they want to. Just take Note: Several States have School Districts with armed teachers/Staff right now: Texas as an example has 110 School DISTRICTS under it program. Link provides a list.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...t-already-allow-teachers-to-be-armed-n2454454

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Plus, it seems like at least once a week some teacher gets caught boinking or otherwise abusing the children under their care. Adding a firearm to this unseemly, coerced, interpersonal relationship dynamic would only make it worse?

Idk, Weinstein didn't need a gun to pressure, harass, coerce, molest and rape grown professional adult women. You think a teacher needs any kind of weapon to do the same to an impressionable child, who's socially engineered to trust and respect them?

And that's of course assuming that said molesting teachers don't already have access to firearms. i don't think any sane and reasonable person is saying issue handguns to everybteacher. Or maybe it's the fact the law says they can't right? I mean, their willing to touch a child, but not willing to bring a firearm onto school property? Because they'll loose their job and face a felon?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To bad we can't get opinions from the slaughtered teachers and the brave teachers who put themselves between the gunman and their students and died shielding them. This is just a wild ass guess but I think the teachers would have wanted a firearm to use in the hope they and their students could return to their Famiies. Even the majority of people who hate guns would damn sure want one when their life or their families lives are actually threatened. Its common sense!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nobody is saying teachers should be required to be armed but if you are a gun enthusiast and have a permit, why not let them bring it to school?
    I’m sure those students that were being fired upon wished their teacher had a gun.
    I’m not sayin an armed teacher would take the offensive and seek out the shooter, they would be more of a last line of defense.
    I think just the fact that there MIGHT be armed personnel in the building would deter some shooters.
    It would not be common knowledge who is carrying, just a few administrators would know.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don’t know of any school shootings way back when I was in school 1963-1975. Back then there were rifles and shotguns in most of the trucks gun racks that were in the school parking lot
    Now that God has been banned from school along with guns thanks to the liberals school shootings are happening
    Parents not being parents and instead trying to be friends with their children has also contributed to the kids lack of morality and lack of fear for the consequences of their actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don’t know of any school shootings way back when I was in school 1963-1975. Back then there were rifles and shotguns in most of the trucks gun racks that were in the school parking lot
    Now that God has been banned from school along with guns thanks to the liberals school shootings are happening
    Parents not being parents and instead trying to be friends with their children has also contributed to the kids lack of morality and lack of fear for the consequences of their actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure those guns were deterrent to anyone thinking about going to the school and shooting it up. Knowing there were kids in that school who could and would shoot back was a deterrent even though the guns were out in their vehicles. I agree with Welldoya, nobody wants to force a teacher to carry a gun but let those who want to and have a CCW bring it to school. Hell get them some training from the local sheriff's office, work together as a community to better secure and defend your schools. Having a few teachers who were carrying CCW known to the Public would leave any would be school shooter guessing as to which teachers were armed, that to me would be a pretty good deterrent.

Top Bottom