• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Wow I never expected this post to get so much traffic. I want to thank everyone for their comitments and opinions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hey! I only compensate when I carry appendix. Plus, by the time they figure it out, it’s already pointed at them.
    You're talking about the shield right?...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My main carry is a Glock 30S in .45ACP. I was a die hard 1911 man 20 years ago, and carried a SIG I liked as an LEO.

Got more exposure to Glocks on the range when a neighbor county went to them, and changed my back-up gun to a Glock 27. Through a few Glocks until I ended up with the 30S. I carry it with one 10 rounder in the gun, and two 13 round Glock 21 mags in reserve (shoulder holster).

House gun is the Glock 21 so I have plenty of those mags. Sights is ALL I ever change on a carry handgun, and all mine wear night sights. The 21, and the wifes 19, have both night sights and green lasers.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a brief fling with 1911s a while back but have been settled down with a Glock 30s for a couple years now. Does have a Delta Point Red Dot and Overwatch Precision trigger. They use an Oem Glock connector and their #1 priority is maintaining Glock's reliability and safety features. After rather extensive research it's the only aftermarket trigger I felt comfortable with and I've really come to like the flat face shoe.

Feels like I'm cheating with the Red Dot. It's my EDC and night stand gun. With the 13 rd mag and red dot I don't find any advantage to a longer barrel gun for night stand duty.

Kimber1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am looking for a 1911 in 45acp. I'm thinking something like the Kimber Ultra Carry ll.
    1. What are opinions on this gun?
    2. What other brands and models in this class would you suggest?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Remember 1911 styles you have to carry locked and cocked with the safety engaged. Their are some safe action .45s out there, Smith & Wesson M&P, Glock and Sig Sauer and the cost is lower and they are lighter weapons for conccealed carry.

ElectroChris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is an old post - but curious what you went with...
    Also - a Kimber TLE II story - we were out shooting targets at Thanksgiving with my buddy from Cali. He stated he is "not a gun fanatic - not really interested in going to the range". I explained we would to go nearby family land - "OH - in that case lets go do it!"
    We shot .22 pistols, .22 rifles, my .357 Highway Patrol, then I pulled out the Kimber. I did not change the mag - so hollowpoints. My buddy shot at the box that had stood still and had nearly 100 holes in it. It jumped three feet in the air. He got a big ole grinch smile, looked over at me and with his cigar in his mouth stated "FOR THE RECORD - THIS IS MY FAVORITE GUN TO SHOOT!" Was a great moment.
    I love shooting the Kimber. It seems to magically detect where I want a hole. Just can't afford to sling too much lead down range.
    Here is the Highway Patrol.
    1640795213669.png

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    IMHO
    45 is a great carry. 9mm? Why shoot twice.
    I think 4 inch is better than 3 inch, much more controllable. The scandium and alloy frames will reduce weight. But whatever you get, practice practice practice.
    IMHO

Top Bottom