APOD Firearms

"DICK'S" Sporting Goods, How Appropriately Named.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will buy nothing at a Wall Fart sporting goods dept.
    I will tell them what I think EVERYTIME I go into one of the stores. ---- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feds took authority to regulate firearms from the Commerce Act of the Constitution. They prescribed the laws that apply to Firearms Dealers they License. Dealers must abide by the Laws. Dealers have the right to refuse suspicious transactions but not the right to refusal for an entire class of citizens "above 18YO but below 21YO" when that age group is the sole reason and thoses persons are otherwise lawfully qualified for the purchase.

Unfortunately, I think this ship will be sunk by current gun control knee jerk action before any test case is filed/answered.

I don't support the "even if it saves one child, its worth it" arguement or mentality. Thousands gave their lives to establish the our Rights.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I will go less often. Mainly go there for 1 kind of breakfast cookie that my wife prefers.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm curious if everyone is willing to stop shopping here as well?

Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

We all know they stopped selling ARs 3 years ago.

And now this.

But everyone here still shops there, and will continue to, right?
    I have decided to give wally world less of my business. On the AR thing they are not mainly a sporting goods store, but during the .22 ammo crisis one if they were lucky to showup at the right time buy .22lf at list price which I agree with.
    I have decided to do more food shopping at Winn Dixie and Publix. They are cleaner, faster, and more courteous, even if often higher priced. If I am in a hurry to buy a lot of diverse things wally world is faster.
    I do think I need to spend more time in our LGS. I buy most large lots of ammo on the internet these days including .22 LR. I buy most of my guns at Mile's trade winds gun and pawn. And I do not buy so many now days.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I live about 5 miles from the newly opened Dick’s in Pace. I threw their flyer with the $10 coupon in the trash. I will not shop there and judging by the lack of cars in the parking lot, a lot of people feel like I do.
    Let the libs keep ‘em in business.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found several articles that Dicks is destroying in stock ARs. I didn't find a single news source that said it was fake news and searched for it as fake news also.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems to be real news. No photos available or eyewitness accounts of the destruction.
    https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/dicks-will-destroy-assault-style-guns-it-yanked-off-shelves/
    Dick’s will destroy assault-style guns it yanked off shelves
    By Yaron Steinbuch
    April 16, 2018 | 2:52pm

Retail giant Dick’s Sporting Goods is destroying the assault-style rifles it yanked off its shelves in the wake of the Florida school massacre, according to a report.
    “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a company spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The so-called assault-style rifles will be destroyed at the company’s distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled, the Findlay-based retailer added. The company did not say how much merchandise would be included. http://www.post-gazette.com/busines...-guns-pulled-off-shelves/stories/201804060151

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't spent a dime there since their post-Sandy Hook tantrum, but someone is keeping them in business. Soccer moms and beta males, I guess.....

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This time it is Dickmann and not Dicks

Fool turns in his AR which is an AR-57
    TAMARAC, Fla. - A Florida man spurred by the massacre that killed 17 people at a Parkland high school last week has “put (his) money where (his) mouth is” and surrendered his assault rifle to authorities.

Ben Dickmann, 40, wrote on Friday, in a Facebook post that has since gone viral, that he decided to lead by example.

“I own this rifle,” Dickmann wrote, sharing multiple photos of the semiautomatic AR-57 as he turned it in at the Broward County Sheriff’s Office. “It’s a caliber variant of the AR-15.”

The suspected gunman in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, former student Nikolas Cruz, is accused of using an AR-15 to gun down 14 students and three faculty members on Valentine’s Day.

“I am a responsible, highly-trained gun owner. (I am not a police officer or sheriff’s deputy),” Dickmann wrote. “However, I do not need this rifle.”

Dickmann wrote that no one without a police badge needs an AR-57.

“This rifle is not a ‘tool’ I have use for. A tool, by definition, makes a job/work easier,” Dickmann wrote. “Any ‘job’ I can think of legally needing doing can be done better by a different firearm.”

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its dickmanns property, he can try to get 15 minutes of fame from turning it in to LE with a self promo vid if that trips his trigger. He makes a big deal that he doesn't need it, then infers nobody but LE does (meaning civilians shouldn't have them). I'm amazed how much media coverage these staged events get compared to a legitimate use of deadly force defensive shooting of a BG.

This begs the question: How did dickmann gain possession of the AR57? Was it given to him? Did he buy it himself and he had a "use" for it at that time? Then after a criminal mass shooting, the "need" disappeared? Did he shoot whatever he intended to shoot with it, thereby eliminating further "need". He's not the first idiot to willing give a AR to LE, won't be the last either. His act means nothing to me other then a few keystrokes calling it what it is: staged foolishness.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dickmann's actions indicate he wasn't one of us in the first place. Don't need his kind, and there's no sense trying to convert his kind. Moving forward.

Top Bottom