• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Do you hold on to boxes from your firearms purchases? I do.. and apparently it's driving the wife crazy. She wants me to throw them away, which I probably will. Looking through what I have, it's actually a bit mind boggling that come of these things come in crappy cardboard boxes. Daniel Defense, tikka, swarovski.... The only reason I keep them, is I feel it helps them sell a bit better if you have the "box and docs" but, maybe I'm wrong? Anyways... I may have a bunch of cardboard boxes free to good home here soon. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you hold on to boxes from your firearms purchases? I do.. and apparently it's driving the wife crazy. She wants me to throw them away

Throw away the wife and keep the boxes and then you will have more money for guns to collect more boxes. Problem solved.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep all boxes for the reasoning you stated. However, I think most people don't care.

I put the cardboard ones in the attic crawlspace, all the others in the laundry room cabinets. You might also consider storing them under bed frames.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Don't throw them away. If nothing else, auction them on ebay or gunbroker, or sell them on a forum associated with the gun manufacturer of the specific box. Then give the money to your wife.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I used to keep boxes for the same reason but my OCD kicked in and they finally ended in a burn pile. I'll credit the purchaser of a firearm the $2.50 for the box...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL, I too keep mine. And like you, I get the "You need to throw them out" blessings. So my solution, I put a box or two here, a couple more there, and in different closest's and spare rooms. That way, it doesn't look like I have a lot of them. I think that's what pee's her off, seeing them All stacked up in one room.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine are up in the attic, out of site, out of mind! I've had to send guns and a scope back for warranty work, sure glad I had the original box with receipt.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I keep the original boxes but upper and gun cardboard boxes I just keep the ends as to what was shipped. I will not pay you .02 for a cardboard box, now a hard case or original store packaging I like to have.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep all of mine for the same reason you stated. I also had a stipulation that our house have a gun room. I didn't get it this time around so we share it as an office. So far I'm the only one that uses it. Well, unless you want to include the Chinchilla that has her cage in there as well. Lol.

molldog06

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do like Frank mentioned and cut the end off the box with the label or peel it off it is cooperative. Then I put the receipt, manual, free lock and all that stuff in a quart sized ziplock then stick that in my cabinet with all my other grown up life paperwork. I try not to sell any guns so not to concerned about future value with or without box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep the boxes even though I've never resold any firearm I bought new and don't plan to. And coincidentally, over the years I've also amassed quite a stash of never used padlocks in various sizes so I doubt I'll ever have to buy one again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom