Attachments

• IMG_0201.PNG
      IMG_0201.PNG
      276.5 KB · Views: 202

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That one might? But this one is probably more fitting for his childhood years. just saying :violin:

Attachments

• flintlock.jpeg
      flintlock.jpeg
      25.2 KB · Views: 173

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think I have seen that one before, Glade some one got it that knows what it is , all metal and wood , still got the other one. Thanks for showing it. Just a remainder jj

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Smith and Wesson 639. Single stack, da/sa all stainless steel with adjustable sights. It's pictured with a factory 9 round magazine and a Browne & Pharr belt clip in nickel finish.
    I'm surprised they aren't more popular with the cqb tactical types, I suspect it would make an excellent bludgeon at 36 ounces.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes, It's a piece of spring steel cut to the shape of the grip, bent around the slide and with room for a belt to create the clip. I just checked too see if I had a picture of it before I installed it but I don't, so next time I clean it I'll take one of it off and upload a picture.
    It doesn't carry too bad appendix but prints horribly behind the hip. It also adds just enough width too the grip that it almost rivals a double stack in feel, but not quiet. I can't say I'd reccomend it for carry but it luckily works with the alien gear holster and I like the look have so I left it on.

I know clip draw at least currently makes them for 1911's, if anyone is interested.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooo . . . if I understand this correctly,the clip is to the outside of your pants and the weapon is inside your pants,and for most,most likely inside them tighty whities also ???
    It just seems that it would wear the gun too much,would be a huge RUST factor,and out and out . . UNSAFE.
    Conclusion: Nope . . not for me. But jj most likely wears his 50A&E Desert Eagle in front,like this. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Rust could be an issue, especially on a blued gun. I wouldn't consider the clip draw/belt clip/etc on something like a glock or a m&p, but the old stainless framed smith's are double action, so it's not much different than a hip grip or the desantis with a revolver. Retention is about the same as a formless suede or leather holster. It's definitely not for everyone, but I mentioned it to JJ and he said he hadn't seen one in a long time.

You guys wear underwear? I thought only old people wore underwear.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What a great looking pistol. Still mad I sold my 1006, but I have small hands and the trigger would pinch me every time. Forgive me for asking this but with the external extractor how does the clip not interfere? Probably not as close as it looks in the pic right?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There's enough clearance between that part of the clip and the slide that it doesn't interfere, in fact I want to say when loaded the extractor is flush with the slide flats.
    If you ever get a Chance to handle the 39, x39 or 39xx I think you'd like it. They're a size smaller than the 10mm and 45's

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I tried a clip like that on a couple of guns and soon learned it was about the most dangerous thing ever to carry. After that instead of removing I used it to clip onto a holster for additional retention.

Top Bottom