• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    just received this reply from my FL Rep...

"Thank you for the email. There are 68 amendments filed and we are going through the bill today on the House floor. We will see what the bill looks like once it comes up for a vote but I will not vote yes for any "School Safety" bill I feel violates the constitution I took an oath to support, protect and defend. Feel free to contact me any time.

Your Public Servant,

Jayer Williamson"

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I received an identical reply from him and we will be watching to see how he votes. I will give him a thumbs up for replying, I got nothing back from Sen. Broxson, perhaps because he voted "Yes" for SB7026.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Keep writing and calling, folks. The Florida Senate already failed you.
    The Florida House is debating and voting today, Wednesday, March 7th.

This could be very bad. Everyone seems caught up with the school protection arming of teachers details, but they all seem perfectly fine with the deceptive "bump-fire stock" ban.

It's NOT just a "bump-fire stock":

"As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device."

Trigger spring upgrade?
    Captured recoil springs?
    Different weight buffers to affect cycle time?
    Adjustable gas block?
    Aftermarket trigger?
    Short reset trigger?
    Over-travel stops?

A spineless snowflake lawyer could argue they affect "rate of fire".
    And it Isn't limited to rifles. It says "firearm".

All of your pistol upgrades are included.

And it doesn't mention grandfathering anything. After 01OCT2018, mere POSSESSION becomes a FELONY.

Get Pissed. Get vocal.

What the FUCK is going on in Tallahassee?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

There's still a chance, folks.

https://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/

He might not sign it due to other reasons (he's apparently against armed teachers?), but regardless of how it happens, that bill should DIE in its current form.

-That "bump-fire stock" ban is going to spell bad news...
    -Raising the age limit to 21 is incongruent with other societal norms, and it needlessly punishes the innocent (like most gun legislation).
    -The "Risk Protection Restraining Orders" WILL be abused one day. It's just a question of when/where/how-often.

Zero-percent of these "gun-control" measures would stop a determined criminal.
    100% of them Will affect peaceful law-abiding innocents.

Make your opinion known to the governor...

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Until and if something can be done to stop the 24/7 lying left wing Marxist media, they will continue to sway the sheep until they have enough votes to do what they want. As most of you know, the end game is complete disarming of the population. If they were honest, and they aren't, they would say it. Because you can kill people with any type firearm, and shotguns are best in close quarters such as schools, so I'm pretty sure these leftists such as Bill Nelson, and others, know full well that the things they are pushing will not help, so the next time, they will have to push for more, and on and on it goes. And the 2nd amendment supporters, while still many, aren't really organized well enough to put up a lot of resistance. So they will just keep chipping away.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just emailed Gov. Scott to please Veto the Bill.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The senate passed garbage today!!!!! I truly hope the House does not take up any form of this mess to send to the Gov for signature! He'll sign it for sure!

I used to be proud of FL and our gun laws even though they are far from perfect. But this knee jerk reaction is simply over the top.

Here is what the State Senate voted and passed today!

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2018/7026/BillText/e1/HTML

This knee jerk reaction is unsurprising. Our legislature has been anti-gun for a long time. They haven't gotten a pro-gun bill out of the republican dominated committees in years.

We don't have a strong activist arm in Florida. South Florida is liberal, central Florida is a bunch of weak, know nothing moderates and NW Florida is full of wussy republicans. There are very few actual constitutional conservatives and even fewer who understand natural rights.

These are the idiots we elected. We don't have a team in Florida. We have no help. This is what we get.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just received this reply from my FL Rep...

"Thank you for the email. There are 68 amendments filed and we are going through the bill today on the House floor. We will see what the bill looks like once it comes up for a vote but I will not vote yes for any "School Safety" bill I feel violates the constitution I took an oath to support, protect and defend. Feel free to contact me any time.

Your Public Servant,

Jayer Williamson"

Williamson has emailed me personally in reply to several emails I've sent in the past. He is one of the few good ones. Broxson sucks.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You see, the time to email isn't now. It was one, two or three years ago when dozens of pro-gun bills got introduced time and time again in the republican controlled committees, and died almost every single time because of moderate republican fence-sitters who may have been swayed one way or the other by a flood of correspondence.

But what did "conservatives" in NW Florida? Hemmed and hawed about how open carry makes us look bad or the gas station robbers will gun down OCers left and right. Went back and forth about how bump stocks weren't really necessary. Entertained the idea that Constitutional Carry might not be a good idea. So on and so forth.

So now here we are, 2018, having made absolutely zero progress over the last several years when we had the seats and votes and governor and AG to get it done, fighting off an egregious infringement on our natural right to arms, an obvious expansion of government law enforcement power on people who will have committed no criminal act worthy of arrest... And now we are worried.

We aren't getting this one back. This is why we have to push and make progress at every moment we can on every issue we can.

Don't support OC? Don't support bump stocks? Don't support Constitutional Carry? Fine. Instead of winning on those issues previously, we gave up. And now we have failed to hold the line on age restrictions, firearm modifications and confiscation just because someone decides you are "dangerous".

I've been called "dangerous" just because I voted for Trump.

We lost this one. And this is a big one. Assault weapons ban is next. Probably will be signed by whoever is governor two years from today.

Have fun resisting. Or don't. Whatever.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Taxes going up to pay for the cost of this bill?

Could they add a new tax on the sale of firearms to pay for school safety?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This bill doesn't really even arm TEACHERS. It actually BLOCKS teachers from carrying in most cases. The only "teachers" allowed to carry are JROTC instructors, current or former military, current or former LEOs, and coaches. The bill states that any teacher who "exclusively perform classroom duties as classroom teachers". That means the majority of teachers are barred from carrying.

We got NOTHING from this bill. They banned bump stocks, raised the age, added wait periods and barred the majority of teachers from carrying.

Fuck us.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This bill doesn't really even arm TEACHERS. It actually BLOCKS teachers from carrying in most cases. The only "teachers" allowed to carry are JROTC instructors, current or former military, current or former LEOs, and coaches. The bill states that any teacher who "exclusively perform classroom duties as classroom teachers". That means the majority of teachers are barred from carrying.

We got NOTHING from this bill. They banned bump stocks, raised the age, added wait periods and barred the majority of teachers from carrying.

Fuck us.
    Yep I didn't even get a thanks after this F$#king bend me over!!!!

I'm so mad that this is even allowed at all. Constitutional rights have been tables on!!!!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to this bill, there are TWO people in my daughter's school who are allowed to carry, IF the Sheriff allows it by setting up a "Coach Aaron Feis" program.

Top Bottom