• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They allow the mental test to remove your guns? AND Only if the district allows the selected ones to carry can they. also did they carve out the military and LEO's in the age restrictions?

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They allow the mental test to remove your guns? AND Only if the district allows the selected ones to carry can they. also did they carve out the military and LEO's in the age restrictions?

There is no "mental test".

The sheriff has to set up a "Coach Aaron Feis" safety program to train school concealed carriers. Teachers who exclusively perform classroom duties will not be allowed to carry at all. Only coaches, former LEO, former military. So the majority of teachers can not carry at all.

They do allow military and LEO to be exempt from age restrictions. Because somehow that makes us superior enough that we can bypass the age restrictions. Which of course is bullshit.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They do allow military and LEO to be exempt from age restrictions. Because somehow that makes us superior enough that we can bypass the age restrictions. Which of course is bullshit.

I am all for supporting LE and military on all fronts. But making them a separate class of citizens that get more rights than others is wrong on so many levels!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    kind of stupid though to be in the Military, carry a gun and be trained on them then not be allowed when you come home by a state denying you your rights. The Military is a different class 1% of the population that secure the rest unwilling or unable to defend the Country.

Not sue if you can be a cop under 21 but can you imagine on duty carrying a gun protecting the community but have no rights off duty, that is just stupid, you are a cop 24/7

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    kind of stupid though to be in the Military, carry a gun and be trained on them then not be allowed when you come home by a state denying you your rights. The Military is a different class 1% of the population that secure the rest unwilling or unable to defend the Country.

Not sue if you can be a cop under 21 but can you imagine on duty carrying a gun protecting the community but have no rights off duty, that is just stupid, you are a cop 24/7

Maybe we shouldn't up the age to purchase?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Maybe we shouldn't up the age to purchase?

I agree OR if you do move the age to vote back to 21 also. I think the school, cops and FBI failed in their jobs this last shooting. The lack of mental health checks and all the meds we are giving the kids is just wrong! Or I would give a thumbs up for 18-21 to have to take a real course like JJ gives before being allowed to purchase a gun with an exemption for Military and LEO's

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At 18, you either become a free, American adult, or you don't. And I've seen plenty of cops and military who shouldn't get any sort of exemptions. Military and police are not above the public, they serve the public.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    FrankT said:
    I agree OR if you do move the age to vote back to 21 also.

I honestly don't see how this made it past any sort of legal review. We trust 18 year olds to vote for the future of this country. We trust them to pick up an M16 and go to war - shoot, some kids in the military are 17. We tell 18 year old males that they can be sent to war with no choice in the matter. If it passes, now that age group will be denied a basic right because... why? I truly hope someone in Tallahassee is screaming in Scott's ear right now. This is lunacy. For what it's worth, I emailed him as well. We shall see.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom