• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kubasaki

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anybody do this locally? Anybody try it themselves? I was thinking of attempting after watching some you tube ahaha but you know how that may end up.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BEFORE you attempt it on a gun, try doing it on a piece of metal pipe (or several). Don't rush or work on it when not 100% focused on the job, If you have a "oops" keep working and try to correct it: that is what you will need to do on a real frame. Be a critical judge of the results, there is a major difference between good and I'd pay for that. Area contour, LPI, border and tool path restrictions are considurations. Give it a shot,

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have done a couple in the past, It will cost you about 75.00 to get the files to do this. Not such about the tool to get you started straight . You will also need a good flat file to. Good vice to hold the frame in and good light. and take you time, and as said try on something first. Just for starters Just m 5 cents jj Oh and no I don't want to do it.

teslafan

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've done stippling on a few 1911's and have one in progress now that I'll try to post a pic of....not too sure how to work this website yet, hope the pic works out. Very good suggestions above about practicing on a piece of pipe fist as working on a contour is much different than working on flat surface. There's a very good book that may be of help to you. It details this process as well as many other customizations on 1911's and other pistols and _storage_0000-0000_Compact Crusader_20170318_124950.jpg revolvers The book is, "Pistolsmithing" by George C Nonte

Attachments

• _storage_0000-0000_Compact Crusader_20170318_124950.jpg
      _storage_0000-0000_Compact Crusader_20170318_124950.jpg
      11.4 KB · Views: 160

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've put skateboard tape on some of mine.

Top Bottom