• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When invited to a gunfight . . . make sure to bring enough gun.
    I suspect that 38Special with full wadcutters would have put him down.
    That could have turned out very badly. --- SAWMAN

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Looks like luck was on the side of the two women, thank God for that. Bad guy taken out, kinda.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When invited to a gunfight . . . make sure to bring enough gun.
    I suspect that 38Special with full wadcutters would have put him down.
    That could have turned out very badly. --- SAWMAN

Truer words were never spoken, if he'd gotten hold of her gun this story would have not had a happy ending.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep . . . this is why I am a real believer in both . . . too much gun . . . and not enough gun.
    One of them S&W Scandium/Ti 13oz revos loaded with full power 357Mag loads is not good. Neither is a 25ACP loaded with FMJ. For the users of the "mighty" loads,the laws of deminishing returns comes to mind. For the users of the 25ACP's . . . well . . . good luck with that.
    And don't discount them 22mag guns. Especially with some of the better ammo that has come out of late. Case in point - - -> a person with a KelTec PMR would be a gun grabbers nightmare. "After my thirty,you can have my gun". ---- SAWMAN

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Truer words were never spoken, if he'd gotten hold of her gun this story would have not had a happy ending.

I watched the interview, and he did get the firearm...he pistol whipped her. She said she tried emitting the cylinder and it appears she did since he tried to shoot the daughter... News folks said he is suspected of 10 other armed robberies. Too bad their shooting wasn't focused enough to fix the problem right.

Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love a happy ending, but it could have turned out really bad. I always tell my wife to keep her distance if possible and empty the mag, reload, and be prepared to empty a second mag. Don't let the bad guy inside your bubble

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two defenders, two guns and a determined BG armed (with ? If it was a gun, did he shoot at them?). It sure doesn't fit the "average scenario" put forth from many sources and which some people Plan for. We have the caliber, cartridge, capacity issues but obviously there was no effective CNS hit. We see BGs physical response to several individual hits. What is very evident is length of time between the defensive presentation of defenders firearms and when blood loss, pain, shock and degratation of motor skills cause his loss of will to fight on and final retreat.

BGs autopsy immediately there after would be interesting but with medical intervention and his survival, there won't be as accurate a internal report, lab work could shed light on drug/alcohol factors.

Both defenders had time between attacks to reload if they were proficient and had reloads. Maybe with two guns, it was already considered a New York Reload? I am proud of how the defenders stayed in the fight, gave 100% trying to retain the revolver, held fire and closed distance so a clean shot could be made without chancing a hit on physically engaged defender. I didn't like the shoot, wait for reaction delays I perceived.

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I watched the interview, and he did get the firearm...he pistol whipped her. She said she tried emitting the cylinder and it appears she did since he tried to shoot the daughter... News folks said he is suspected of 10 other armed robberies. Too bad their shooting wasn't focused enough to fix the problem right.[/QUOTE

wow, I didn't see that. She was really lucky then.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I watched the interview, and he did get the firearm...he pistol whipped her. She said she tried emitting the cylinder and it appears she did since he tried to shoot the daughter... News folks said he is suspected of 10 other armed robberies. Too bad their shooting wasn't focused enough to fix the problem right.[/QUOTE

wow, I didn't see that. She was really lucky then.

The mother was smart, the daughter was lucky...or had just enough training. Good outcome from a bad situation!

Top Bottom