Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As for LE/military background, it depends upon the context of the course. I wouldn't take a class on room clearing from someone who has spent their entire adult life pecking on a keyboard in a cube farm; however, the aforementioned person may be excellent at teaching the technical aspects of shooting.

One exception to the above is Gabe White. While he has never been a "door kicker", he has a very well thought out and delivered presentation on the use of cover.

Making money as a firearm instructor is a slim proposition. The only way to make a small fortune doing it is to start with a large fortune. A very, very small portion of gun owners actually get training beyond whatever minimal state standards are required. Karl Rehn has written about getting "Beyond the One Percent".

The flip side is also true. If your goal is to improve at a particular shooting sport, it would make sense to find someone who teaches that skill versus a door kicker.

Better check where you are moving for land or ranges to use, number of instructors already there. It is a lean not much $$ business so don't put alot out on the setup. An impressive resume, known in the community and LEO approval and use a must. There must be 1000 courses nationwide you can manipulate into your own, no need to write from the beginning, the internet, youtube and other resources are already covered up.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

Yeah it would not be anything I would be investing my life savings into or anything. Definitely not an endeavor I would be trying to get rich off of either.

It would be more of a hobby really and not something where the profit would even be factored into my family income

The training will speak for itself. Instructor experience and background will as well. I envision it as firearm enthusiasts improving their skill set together and having fun while challenging.

It would be taught professionally. It wouldn’t be one of those “I was a former specops guy so only my way makes sense, blah blah” Just good real world validated techniques to improve existing skill and safety

Go take JJ's class and see how and what he does.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

50 CAL
    Just a little input Not saying I know every thing but have had a 20 yr. learning curve, dealing with the GI- Joes and Leo/s and just regular person, each have a difference in mine set and learning curve, When dealing with people you don't know . Start out with the basic, see what they know and don't know then be ready to set the class to meet they able to fit the lowest ones ability. Kept in mine you can't call in a a-hog to get you out of trouble This goes with the instructor to GI-joe and the LEO has a difference in mine set, so they have to be able change with the people they teaching be flexible. Have to make it informative and some fun also. Also be ready to tell some one if they are having problem in a nice way and need more training. You are going to be a SOB some time. These thing are some that can make are brake you. EXPERIENCE jUST MY 5 CENTS

6. 4 Like oneshot's Post:

45 ACP
    Hey JJ, are you doing any classes after thanksgiving?