Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Shooting classes

So just wondering a few things that maybe some folks can lend some input from different perspectives.

In regards to say Pistol/Carbine courses what is the average shooter looking for? If say the company was set up to teach beginner thru advanced courses, what are some of the things that would really matter to you?

Instructor background experience? LE or military? Former Special Operations guys?

Price depending on amount of training involved or rounds expended.

Facility conditions

Instructor to student ratio

Defensive methodology, mindset, resiliency, vignettes?

How in depth would you want to learn? basic safety and fundamentals or drill into hot and cold walls as it pertains to a home invasion scenario.

Would you be interested in leaning basic level ballistics so as to better choose your defensive caliber etc.

Granted this list is not all inclusive and many of you guys already know what I am talking about, but I am just looking for some feedback from fellow gun enthusiast whether seasoned or not as to what would have mattered to you to learn at the outset of your hobby or what you would still like to learn after knowing all that you do.

Thanks for your input.

50 CAL
    Background or experience in LEO or Military not important to me.

Price important but not critically so

Facility not important

Instructor to student ratio I would like it to be no more than 12:1

Defensive methodology medium level of importance - as long is it does not get too talky

In depth of instruction important to me I would want more advanced

45 ACP
    Interesting timing as I am looking for some advanced training. To me;
    Being prior mil/LEO I do prefer instructors from this background (Having said this if given the chance I would sure love to take a class with Jerry or Rob lol.)
    Price is important to me do to my personal responsibilities.
    Smaller student to teacher ratio is something I would be willing to pay more for.
    Mindset/philosophy/ammo choice discussions would be welcome, but secondary to actual live fire tactics execution.
    Facility conditions would also be secondary to me. If they meet training needs and are safe that's good enough for me.

50 CAL
    If I can get 5 people I will set up a class . as I have in the past . It will help you find what level you are at. This will be a 8 hr. class Will cover Mait. Eq. set up, movment, pistol tran. Cover. Close and long range shoot. any other question call 850-572-6611 Will have hand out you keep and noon meal and some equt. if needed cost 60.00 jj

And I have shot with Jerry AND Rob
    Last edited by oneshot; 02-27-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add infor.

5. 2 Like oneshot's Post:

45 ACP
    I will definitely take you up on that! Please count me in! Thank you sir!!

12 GA
    Im very interested as well. Im in if the schedules line up

I've taken a few classes with oneshot. Very informative and thorough courses.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    --Insert inspirational quote here--

9. Likes JWlineman's Post:

9MM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    If I can get 5 people I will set up a class . as I have in the past . It will help you find what level you are at. This will be a 8 hr. class Will cover Mait. Eq. set up, movment, pistol tran. Cover. Close and long range shoot. any other question call 850-572-6611 Will have hand out you keep and noon meal and some equt. if needed cost 60.00 jj

And I have shot with Jerry AND Rob
    I would be interested in this provided the scheduling works.. sadly I travel for work a lot so I have to make sure I am in town and caught up on my honey-do list when it happens.