• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a interweb flyer yesterday from KYGUNCO that they had in stock the HiPoint 10mm carbine.
    It looks identical to the 45ACP version. It is very hard for me to get past the looks of these guns. They are sooooo damned fuglie. I mean . . . where is the eye bleach when you need it.
    They are offered for $331. But before I buy,I would have to be assured that the front and rear sight would come off. Also that silly fore grip. I could most likely live with that stock if it could be given a 12-13" LOP.
    This gun is blowback so I could shoot my existing 200gr hardcast hunting ammo out of it. It has a full length pic rail for a small open red dot or 1-4X24 scope.
    Could be a great close range brush gun. ---- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 128399-M.jpg
      128399-M.jpg
      6.7 KB · Views: 229

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gonna drop by USA Performance today and take a look at the gun in 45ACP that they have on the shelf rather closely. Then close my eyes and picture me with my shop apron on and a whirring Dremal Tool in my hand.
    Maybe take my tool bag with me and gut it to get to the fire control stuff . .? . . for a closer look. --- SAWMAN

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The front sight & rear sight come off very easily. The metal sights are not bad but I shoot my 9mm version with a 2-4 X illuminated reticle. Yes, fugly but reliable.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For me - - -> reliable and somewhat close range accurate trumps fuglie everytime. ---- SAWMAN

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't know why someone don't make an aftermarket stock to sweeten it up a bit?
    same with the beretta, I had to attack it because I could not stand the way it was.
    FWIW I had the highpoint 9mm gen 1 , now that was ugly but at 25 yds it would put all the bullets in one jagged hole.

Attachments

• 000_0305.JPG
      000_0305.JPG
      1.5 MB · Views: 217
    Last edited:

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with RidgeRunner, I have an original Gen1 in 9mm and yes it is crazy accurate and will eat any load I feed it including aluminum, brass or steel cased ammo. At 25 yards you can easily eat out the bulls eye with the factory sights, I've seen guys at the range hitting a 10" gong with one at 100 yards over and over again. The 10mm version though has piqued a lot of interest lately. ATI was making a stock for these at one time.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In 10mm it would be ballistically similar to the 44-40 which has taken a lot of deer.

Top Bottom