• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The nosler was the new hotness for a few months. Higher velocity .22. shortly after it started becoming available they announced the Valkyrie. It's got a velocity advantage at shorter distances but the Valkyrie starts pulling away at a couple hundred yards. At least the numbers I've seen posted (they're manufacturer so take it FWIW) have the Valkyrie being better at energy, drift and drop.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have not compaired machanical drawings of the 224Valkyrie and the 22Nosler side by side but this is what I have been reading/hearing.
    Both are from the parent,6.8SPC. The 22Nosler has had the rim turned down to accept a 223/5.56 bolt face. They both use the 6.8 designated mags.
    Caution when comparing two chamberings that are this close. The velocity "claims" are most likely tallied with different length of bbl. I have seen some velocity "claims" of different chamberings using as much as 6 inches of bbl difference.
    Another thing for reloaders. Check your loading manuals closely. Most 223/5.56 loads are using as much as 24 inches of bbl in a non gassed reciever. You will never get these vels in your 16" carbine gassed guns. Same with some 308Win and 6.5Creedmore loads. [ BE CAREFUL] --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    To funny, I just posted the link to this same article in Sawman's M1 Creedmore thread! I really hope Ruger comes out with a nice bolt gun for this round but I'm willing to bet it will be a gas gun.

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve been playing with the 6 Creedmores. My wife had one made 18 months ago with a 16” barrel. I had to have one, but this one is 20”. After using hers in a box blind, with a suppressor, I settled on another 16”. Got it today. If I could post pictures from my phone, I would. This is my replacement for my 6.5 Creedmores.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting that people want to put these 6.8 spc derived rounds into bolt guns. Nothing wrong with it of course. There are already many proven .22 centerfire rounds for bolt guns. If I want highest velocity I would go 22-250 or something similar. If you want to use heavy bullets you may have look for a faster twist barrel. The 6.8 was intended to get the most out of the AR15 platform and was designed with that in mind as the Valkyrie and Nosler derivations of it do in .22 caliber.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Attachments

• 224valkyrievs22_250.jpg
      224valkyrievs22_250.jpg
      17 KB · Views: 111
    Top Bottom