• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I didn't miss the point; I'm certainly opposed to any sort of ban/restriction. I just commented on the democracy statement :smile:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You BOTH are missing the Point. It should be brought to a referendum to be Voted on.

if the law is to be changed, congress should change it, that is how we were designed...
    I am not a legal expert, who knows?

but florida loves referendums...but remember, florida gains about 900 people a day, mostly from the n.e., mostly liberal Yankees who hate guns...who would vote against AR/AK any day of the week.

or at least, hate us southerners with guns

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You BOTH are missing the Point. It should be brought to a referendum to be Voted on.

I think we can presume that Members here are adequately informed and are capable of a responsible voting. The "clueless politicians" probably have a better understanding of the Bill (hopefully they read and at least discussed it) where the general public relies on emotion and sound bites from their chosen media source and even though the Bill would be available in advance and at the Poll: there is a high probability it won't be read nor understood by non firearm literate people. They will see Ban evil firearms and stuff □ Yes. □No. There will be no comprehension of the depth of infringement it contains.

Some people may think I'm not giving people enough credit. Generally people don't know the difference between a commercial AR15 and a machinegun because the gungrabbers and the majority of the media tell them its the same thing and gloss over it with the physically threatening term "Assault Weapon". I might actually be giving them too much credit, thinking they would go to the Poll and vote.

Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if the law is to be changed, congress should change it, that is how we were designed...
    I am not a legal expert, who knows?

but florida loves referendums...but remember, florida gains about 900 people a day, mostly from the n.e., mostly liberal Yankees who hate guns...who would vote against AR/AK any day of the week.

or at least, hate us southerners with guns

It's sort of amazing how these people are fleeing these liberal run hell holes only to come here and try to make it one too. It's kind of like our Islamic "pals". They leave their God forsaken countries and come here and want to make us like their country.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think we can presume that Members here are adequately informed and are capable of a responsible voting.

If this were the case, then we'd not have a problem, now would we. But since it isn't the case, it needs to be voted on for any changes. Look at your elected officials voting, the NO's. They are the Followers, certainly not the Leaders. I say again, remove the crazies from obtaining firearms, and we will be closer to a resolution in such matters.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I could have sworn I talked about this in another thread. Maybe that was somewhere else.

The bill was drafted late last year and introduced early this year, was assigned to three house committees. None of the committee chairmen scheduled it for a hearing. That basically means they didn't ever intend to. After this school shooting, a democrat called a vote to pull the bill out of the committees and place it on the floor to be voted on immdediately. They voted "no" on giving it a vote. So it went back to the committees for the hearing process, which it still isn't scheduled for.

The bill is effectively dead for the year.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDK, but what chafes my ass is the "Few" rules over the "Majority". I thought we were a Democracy, where the Majority rules. I just feel the Public should have the final say in such matters, as in a referendum. So WE ALL can Vote on what we want and don't want. These decisions should not be made from clueless elected officials going with flow to procure future re-election votes.

Banning firearms and firearm accessories is not the answer. Stricter background checks to ensure the mentally insane and unstable are flagged to prevent them from obtaining a firearm is a better step in the right direction.
    Where do you draw the line in as much as doctor-patient confidentiality? When the patient is deranged. That info should be mandatory reporting to NCIC. Sure I believe in privacy laws, probably more than the next person, but there is no place in our society for a crazy to be walking around with a firearm or to even possess one. Call me what you please, but I feel this is one aspect of the privacy laws that should not be private. I'm not saying blasting it on the news or whatnot, or even detailed on a drivers license check, but it should be included in the NCIC database during background checks that will aid in preventing a crazy from obtaining a firearm. This information should be kept in confidence with a reporting agency, and exempt from public information. The reason for a background check rejection should also be kept confidential from the dealer/seller/ffl checking it. But the fact that it was declined stops that particular sale.

just my .02

No, we are not a democracy and have never been one. We are a constitutional republic. The majority doesn't rule, and it's never supposed to have been that way. A republic has a parliamentary system with rules. Those rules in Florida dictate that a bill introduced by sponsors be debated and polished in a committee. There are lots of bills that are not fit to see the floor of the People's representatives.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I laughed when I seen that the Mini-14 with a folding stock would be outlawed. So if you have one without a folding stock it would be ok? Yeah these idiots do not even know what they are proposing.....kinda like O'dumbo-care.

Idoono

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I laughed when I seen that the Mini-14 with a folding stock would be outlawed. So if you have one without a folding stock it would be ok? Yeah these idiots do not even know what they are proposing.....kinda like O'dumbo-care.

Idoono
    I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would some legal beagle or english major review to Bills AW definition as copied/pasted below.
    Q: "means selective-fire firearm.....at the option of the user". Selective-fire as in more then one firing mode? A semiautomatic does not have other firing "options".
    Q: "fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user"... Collective or individually?
    My interpretation of the above portion means MICHINEGUN and nothing else. It could also be argued that SEMIautomatic is a user firing option from SAFE.

Q: The split between user with "or" any of the following specified..... Does this define every firearm with action modes listed before it are AWs then "or" adds "any of the following specified"
    My interpretation of this is MACHINEGUNS and whatever they list.

The Devil is always in the details! I know its back to stagnation status but it will come back again. If it ever passes and is challenged in the Courts these subtitles will be used to define it.

790.30 Assault weapons.—
    (1) DEFINITIONS.—As used in this section, the term:
    (a)1. "Assault weapon" means any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Idoono

Hell they even have a WW2 M1Carbine on that retard gun list...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have no guns at all, except for one old flintlock smoothbore and a horn of powder with 20 balls...

I am covered....1776 assault rifle....

but I will not give it up without expending my ammo...

that will take about an hour maybe, clouds of smoke will hide my tracks...

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally people don't know the difference between a commercial AR15 and a machinegun because the gungrabbers and the majority of the media tell them its the same thing and gloss over it with the physically threatening term "Assault Weapon".
    Josh Sugarmann, founder of the Violence Policy Center, was supposedly behind pushing the misleading "Assault Weapon" moniker.

The so-called "assault weapon" is a term invented by anti-gunners, specifically Josh Sugarman in his March 1989 paper titled "Assault Weapon: Analysis, New Research and Legislation." In it Sugarman recommends exploiting:

"...the public's confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons [sic] -- anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun..."

http://rkba.org/antis/sugarman.assault-weapon.txt

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "He maintains a Class One Federal Firearms License in Washington, DC, which makes it legal for him to transfer and handle firearms." Hmm, this came from Wikipedia about the boy. Think he might be two faced?

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Having moved to the Pace area within the last year I would like to know if there is an active group that monitors firearm related legislative proposals in the state. I moved here from a state where we really had to band together to stop the politicians from sneaking through laws that negatively affected gun owners. We usually had sufficient time to contact our state Senators and Representatives and express our concerns and we were able to keep the misguided laws to a minimum. I will say, that the NRA lobbyist in the state was instrumental in getting various groups organized and helped fight a lot of these misguided proposals, but I don't know how active the NRA is here in Florida.

I found a couple of on line groups that claim they do what I am looking for, but their web pages either don't appear to be very active or look more like a scam site.

Bottom line, the anti-gunners are really pushing right now and I would like to add my support to help in stopping them.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Having moved to the Pace area within the last year I would like to know if there is an active group that monitors firearm related legislative proposals in the state. I moved here from a state where we really had to band together to stop the politicians from sneaking through laws that negatively affected gun owners. We usually had sufficient time to contact our state Senators and Representatives and express our concerns and we were able to keep the misguided laws to a minimum. I will say, that the NRA lobbyist in the state was instrumental in getting various groups organized and helped fight a lot of these misguided proposals, but I don't know how active the NRA is here in Florida.

I found a couple of on line groups that claim they do what I am looking for, but their web pages either don't appear to be very active or look more like a scam site.

Bottom line, the anti-gunners are really pushing right now and I would like to add my support to help in stopping them.

Member ccather started a thread asking how many of us call/email our state reps to voice our concerns. I'd try that personally, even if the NRA is active more noise isn't less effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom