• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In case some folks haven't read it;this is truly frightening totalitarianism.

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...ocumentType=Bill&BillNumber=0219&Session=2018

WOW! Will be interesting to see if they can pass this, but one thing is certain. This is where they are heading. It's only a matter of time and after the scary "assault rifles", then it's the scary handguns, and eventually all of them.
    For the US to become truly part of the "World Government", we are going to have to go the way of the rest of the world. Trump may have slowed the train a little, but it's not stopping. Sorry for the bad news, and I'm sure I'll get hate mail because of it but from what I can tell, it's inevitable. Been heading that way for many years.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    From what I understand, this (or a similar initiative) was voted down yesterday by the FL legislature.

From a CNN email I just received: "...The (FL) state legislature voted 71-36 Tuesday against a measure to consider a ban on semi-automatic weapons..."

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have written the President, Senator Rubio, and my state reps asking them to stand firm in support of the Second Amendment and not to allow knee-jerk legislation to be enacted. I encourage others to do the same.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From what I understand, this (or a similar initiative) was voted down yesterday by the FL legislature.

From a CNN email I just received: "...The (FL) state legislature voted 71-36 Tuesday against a measure to consider a ban on semi-automatic weapons..."

If there were 36 votes FOR that Kommifornian insanity in polebarn's link, then those 36 elected officials need to be held accountable.

No way. That horse-shit would be unenforcable without tragic loss of life.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That thing is almost laughable it's so ridiculous!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anybody else notice that of the "authorized places" to take you "AW" or big mag, did not include "Hunting" and to/from public lands is not listed as allowed! This eliminates that use/purpose entirely. Same with "Truck Gun" use. There also was no reference to Registered NFA firearms that also fit the general descriptions/features/appearance, double the registeration.

I think the sponsors knew they were pissing into the wind, there is no funding provision or Tax levie to pay for the administration of any of it with the minor exception for fingerprinting services.

High-Point made the big league, their rifle got banned too. Lol

It pretty closely followed the commieforina Statute.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Bill is not dead. It just did not get enough votes to bypass its assigned Committee proceedures and go directly to the Floor for full debate and subsequent action and potentially a actual vote to be Law, pending Governors signature or veto. Its a cockroach that will show up again.

rebel32

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    heres the thing its our duty as americans to take back what is ours in this country we have let them get away with way to much and we need to make a stand and get the government back in check

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, but what chafes my ass is the "Few" rules over the "Majority". I thought we were a Democracy, where the Majority rules. I just feel the Public should have the final say in such matters, as in a referendum. So WE ALL can Vote on what we want and don't want. These decisions should not be made from clueless elected officials going with flow to procure future re-election votes.

Banning firearms and firearm accessories is not the answer. Stricter background checks to ensure the mentally insane and unstable are flagged to prevent them from obtaining a firearm is a better step in the right direction.
    Where do you draw the line in as much as doctor-patient confidentiality? When the patient is deranged. That info should be mandatory reporting to NCIC. Sure I believe in privacy laws, probably more than the next person, but there is no place in our society for a crazy to be walking around with a firearm or to even possess one. Call me what you please, but I feel this is one aspect of the privacy laws that should not be private. I'm not saying blasting it on the news or whatnot, or even detailed on a drivers license check, but it should be included in the NCIC database during background checks that will aid in preventing a crazy from obtaining a firearm. This information should be kept in confidence with a reporting agency, and exempt from public information. The reason for a background check rejection should also be kept confidential from the dealer/seller/ffl checking it. But the fact that it was declined stops that particular sale.

just my .02

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    a democracy is two wolves and a sheep holding a vote what is for dinner...

we are a constitutional republic, and should never be a majority rule nation...

all I know, is the death penalty has never had a repeat offender...these shooting should be quickly dispatched and dealt harshly with...

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    if we were a democracy where majority rules, Hillary would be prez :doh::frusty::Cry:

(if you count all of the illegals & dead folk who voted for her)

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You BOTH are missing the Point. It should be brought to a referendum to be Voted on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom