• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is extremely sad but I have not given up on our Repubs just yet.
    I understand that at least for me,ANY further restrictions on gun ownership is bad. Bad for people like me and the rest of the good guys.
    Given the anti gun "hysteria" going on in the state capital as I type this . . . I have (possibly) temporarily pulled both of my firearm for sale adds on this forum and offered sales to others not associated to this forum.
    I will be hoping for the best for all "good guy" gun owners and users. ---- SAWMAN

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been in a bunch of conversations and debates about the latest tragedy and some proposed fixes and I think it is likely that we will see our rights further eroded without any substantial improvement in our current gun crime. A problem not solved at its root cause will recur over and over until the root cause is eliminated. The inanimate object is not the root cause and in life, where you can't eliminate the hazard, you work to eliminate the risk. As is normal for humans, the fixation is on a symptom, not the root cause. Humans have always had a problem with gazing deeply in the mirror.

We had a 10 year ban on "assault rifles" and some data indicated it was ineffective. All incidents can be prevented, but they all are not prevented for a number of reasons. All this noise around the FBI continues to be billed as a problem with top leadership only, but I can tell you any organization will be a reflection of leadership over time...maybe the FBI has decayed to the point of needing a cleansing/extreme makeover...they had everything they needed to make an intervention and did nothing.

Individual incidents are the focus, but you can't measure incidents that didn't happen...there is nothing to measure. To gauge effectiveness one has to look at lagging measures and trends over time in as objective a manner as possible; which can only happen when genuinely pursuing truth...a rare commodity these days. Which, btw, crime is declining overall, the world is a safer place than it ever was, we live longer and better than we ever did! News organizations are out to make money and bad news is better for ratings than good news...by a longshot! Expect more krap from all of our programming and my advice is to have a healthy skepticism about everything you hear on tv and internet...not to be confused with cynicism. Choosing a word like protester insead of terrorist for that Molotov cocktail chunking Palestinian shades the way an article is perceived. Call something affordable, when the Supreme court rules it is a tax, shades the way you think about it...but I digress.

This I will say, if our leadership gives up something (that will be ineffective anyways) for nothing, I will be po'd to say the least....mouser doesn't rate so nobody will give a hoot. I would gladly bargain for tougher background checks etc in exchange for legalization of suppressors and SBR's. Maybe Trump, the deal maker, will get something for nothing. Meanwhile, I will keep my guns and my ammo; thank you and continue to try to influence, educate myself and others as well as challenge people I interact with to challenge their own deeply held beliefs so that we all can improve our thinking and problem solving.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom