• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are you all thinking that Trump is softening on 2A rather than political maneuvering?

We kicked that Trump topic around during the GOP primaries. His prior AWB support was well known as well has his getting a NY CC permit when almost nobody else could. We hoped for the best but knew only time and events would give te answer. Jury is still out. Lip service and powerless White Letters just provide a pause from the heat. Its what he signs or vetos thats important. Not a chance Dems/libs/rino's won't load extra gun control mandates onto it creating the perfect reasons to Veto, if he wants to.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Frank! We finally agree - If I want to catch AIDs from a prostitute while on a heroin binge, I should be free to do so. The only way to stop a bad kid with a gun, is a good kid with a gun.

I don't think anyone here is talking about arming children. You pointed out yourself nothing about labeling something "gun free" alone does anything. I'm a little disappointed in you man, I've come to expect better arguements than this.

Btw, Cruz was old enough to vote, enlist, father a child, buy health insurance, apply for credit card or a mortgage, play the lotto, buy cigarettes. He was legally an adult. Many in this country would have no problem trying him as an adult if he were 16. I dare say in light of the popularity of "call me by your name" many in this country are a-okay with a 17 year old deciding so sleep with someone 7 years older.
    All this talk I hear about upping the age to buy rifles, like that life and death decision is the only one legally offered too a 18 year old.

Anyways, I know you know that the only thing stopping you from getting a Destructive Device is cost and desire. Maybe time.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First it will be bump stocks and accessories. Then it will be mags and ammunition. Then it will be semiauto and entire categories of weapons. I do not own or want a bump stock, but do not believe in banning them so the Boogie Man will allow something else. Keep on conceding and trading one thing for another. Y'all are walking merrily into the clearly-visible ambush, and celebrating your own demise along the way. Wow. Just wow....

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I say, fight on. You'll call me a pessimist but I kind of think of myself as a realist. I'm glad folks are willing to slow the inevitable. Look at the rest of the world. By and large, they've all had their gun rights taken. It's taking longer here, and I think (maybe) Trump getting elected has slowed it, but eventually, they are going to do it. I could go on for hours on why this is so, but I'll not bore you. And I know, some of you will say, "with that attitude, of course you will lose." And I understand your frustration, but again, the people with the power and money are, and have been pushing for "World government" for a long time and that's not stopping. For them to achieve it, we must be disarmed like the rest of the "modern world." Trump may have slowed it, but with most of the politicians in their pockets and the media under their control, it's only a matter of time when they have convinced enough sheep that guns are bad and we don't need them. They are around 50% of the total population already. Once, the majority feels that way, which way you think the politicians are going to go? We may not see it (I hope) but our children and grandchildren will, and for the most part, they will hardly have noticed.

Last edited:

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

The United States is the last free country in the world and many of us will give it up without a shrug.

What concerns me most is gun owners who don't care about this issue because they don't care about ARs or bumpfires or whatever the specific item is. Freedom isn't only about what matters to you. What used to matter in the USA was freedom....period. At some point some politician might try to take away something that does matter to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I don't think anyone here is talking about arming children. You pointed out yourself nothing about labeling something "gun free" alone does anything. I'm a little disappointed in you man, I've come to expect better arguements than this.

I'm sorry _ I have been trying to illustrate the absurdity of discussing the situation at all - using satirical thoughts.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My main point on this whole thing - there is always going to be the "best, easily acquired, legal tool to do the job". This cut-off will always be the arguing point for these discussions.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got the satire . . . . but the stuff about the helicopters was real right? It is important to me to believe that the helicopters are picking on other folks as well, and not just me. Cause if they are just picking on me then, well, I feel picked on.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Okay man, yeah I was picking up irony but I missed the intent. I've seen plenty of(imo) outrageous claims in both sides in the last week so I just wanted to make sure.

I mean the way I look at it, sandy hook led to rooms full of dead kindergarteners, the POTUS calling for action and the net result was...... nothing. Our current government, they can't even pass the bills they like much less something like an awb.
    And the fl legislature voted down their own awb in front of 100 something students from last weeks attack. I am not worried at all about impediment on our 2nd amendment right now.

But I also have a 6 year old attending public school, so I am aware and worried and willing to engage in brainstorms of actual possible prevention/response/solutions to the issue.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I got the satire . . . . but the stuff about the helicopters was real right? It is important to me to believe that the helicopters are picking on other folks as well, and not just me. Cause if they are just picking on me then, well, I feel picked on.

It's not just you, they buzz my house all the time.

But if you want some real rotary wing annoyance, go visit Jacksovillr NC for a week. The 53's run flights till 2200 or later, fly just as low and are significantly more noisy.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It's just Nate and his peeps. No big deal.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I got to wondering if Nate was taking images of me, and what I do when they fly real low - oh well, the local crop duster is familliar with my anatomy as well.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are you all thinking that Trump is softening on 2A rather than political maneuvering?
    I voted for the guy, and I say yes because he was soft on the 2A before he even thought about the whitehouse. My choices for president were, soft on 2A, or hard over anti-gun fanatic.....

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say, fight on. You'll call me a pessimist but I kind of think of myself as a realist. I'm glad folks are willing to slow the inevitable. Look at the rest of the world. By and large, they've all had their gun rights taken. It's taking longer here, and I think (maybe) Trump getting elected has slowed it, but eventually, they are going to do it. I could go on for hours on why this is so, but I'll not bore you. And I know, some of you will say, "with that attitude, of course you will lose." And I understand your frustration, but again, the people with the power and money are, and have been pushing for "World government" for a long time and that's not stopping. For them to achieve it, we must be disarmed like the rest of the "modern world." Trump may have slowed it, but with most of the politicians in their pockets and the media under their control, it's only a matter of time when they have convinced enough sheep that guns are bad and we don't need them. They are around 50% of the total population already. Once, the majority feels that way, which way you think the politicians are going to go? We may not see it (I hope) but our children and grandchildren will, and for the most part, they will hardly have noticed.
    I agree with everything you say and refuse to back up.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone needs to remind folks about the numbers - over 80,000,000 legal gun owners in this country - about 25% of the total population. By law these gun owners cannot have a conviction for domestic violence or a felony to fit into this category.

The Washington Post reported that :
    "The top-line finding of the study — that the overwhelming majority of gun crimes aren't committed by lawful gun owners — reinforces a common refrain among gun rights advocacy groups. They argue that since criminals don't follow laws, new regulations on gun ownership would only serve to burden lawful owners while doing little to combat crime."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...long-time-about-crime/?utm_term=.6d38314dd4f9

In fact about 3% of gun crimes are committed by lawful gun owners.

According to the CDC:

The CDC’s most current data show there were 11,078 homicides committed with guns in 2010 — or about 30 per day. The CDC data also show gun homicides have declined each year since 2007, falling from 12,791 in 2006 to 11,078 in 2010, even as the nation’s population grows. In fact, the homicide rate in 2010 (3.6 per 100,000 people) was the lowest since at least 1981 — which is as far back as the CDC’s online database goes. (BTW this number includes both lawful and unlawful killings )

So 11,078 x 3% =332. So 332 lawful gun owners in this country commit a homicide with their gun. We know that a large percentage of these shooting are lawful uses of force and that these numbers include police shootings and not just private shootings. However, assuming for purposes of this discussion that every single one of these was an unlawful shooting Of the 80,000,000 lawful gun owners in this country - at most 332 of them will use their weapon to commit murder. That means .0004% of gun owner pose a threat of unlawful violence. And that is assuming that every one of those homicides listed by the CDC is an unlawful homicide, which we know is not true.

Now they want to punish 99.9996% of lawful law abiding gun owners for the actions of .0004% ? That is crazy.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't tell Frank I said this but according to FBI statistics more murder are committed with knives per year than with rifles and shotguns combined. In fact, more murders are committed with hammers than either rifles or shotguns. About 1500 murders are committed per year with knives, compared to 250 committed with rifles and a similar number committed with shotguns. Hammers are used to commit murder 400 times a year.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Memo signed half hour ago to the AG to seek regs to ban bump fires and other rapid fire modifications. All they have to do to make it happen is have ATF make a rule - no law needed. This could happen very quickly.

http://fox13now.com/2018/02/20/trump-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks/

I have two of these just ordered another - will be worth a fortune soon....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/franklin-armory-5550-binary-trigger-gen-3-22lr-9mm-metal.html

If you really ordered from Optics Planet good luck ever getting it there stuff has been back ordered forever. They are not a good reliable source.

Last edited:

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you really ordered from Optics Planet good luck ever getting it there stuff has been back ordered forever. They are not a good reliable source.

I have three Franklin AR Trigger kits and two Franklin HK Trigger packs. I would be more than happy if they want add these to the ATF NFA Reg and put a serial number on them. I would pay the $200 tax on each too. The Franklin HK trigger packs all ready have serial numbers on them.

They will just go up in value just like transferable machine guns do.

Ordered and shipped same day. Second one from optics planet. Got a holster from them few weeks ago. No issues and best prices could find on those items anywhere.

Members online

Top Bottom