• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Memo signed half hour ago to the AG to seek regs to ban bump fires and other rapid fire modifications. All they have to do to make it happen is have ATF make a rule - no law needed. This could happen very quickly.

http://fox13now.com/2018/02/20/trump-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks/

I have two of these just ordered another - will be worth a fortune soon....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/franklin-armory-5550-binary-trigger-gen-3-22lr-9mm-metal.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DBCDave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Threw them a bone. I hate to give an inch because they will take a mile , but I guess it was the art of the deal thing.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let the panic buying begin.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is no verbatim copy of Trumps memo out yet. If we go by what was said by Trump in News clip: I don't think Justice can do a damn thing WITHOUT A CHANGE TO THE LAWS (NFA/GCA) WHICH DEFINES MACHINEGUN. It is the same standard the BATFE used when it reviewed and approved bump type stocks and other trigger devices. Unless the law is changed, Gov will loose in Court. BATFE can't use the non law fallback line that they have "Long held that blah, blah (like fwd vert grips on handguns, no law, just because they want too).

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Never really got into bump stocks myself...

nor I.

I can burn up rounds quicker than I can afford them, that is fast enough

if we need bumpstocks for defense, we are screwed anyway, if regular semiauto doesn't stop the zombies

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have zero interest in a bump stock. I can live with that. I like the "art of the deal" comment. Spot on.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is no verbatim copy of Trumps memo out yet. If we go by what was said by Trump in News clip: I don't think Justice can do a damn thing WITHOUT A CHANGE TO THE LAWS (NFA/GCA) WHICH DEFINES MACHINEGUN. It is the same standard the BATFE used when it reviewed and approved bump type stocks and other trigger devices. Unless the law is changed, Gov will loose in Court. BATFE can't use the non law fallback line that they have "Long held that blah, blah (like fwd vert grips on handguns, no law, just because they want too).

I was wondering how this would work as well. Maybe, DOJ will suggest the language for a bill that will then be signed into law? There is already a very poorly worded bill out there that bans "rate enhancing devices" hopefully that bill does not get resurrected.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    You know, you do not need a bump stock to bump fire.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not even a bone. Its pure lip service. Remember obuma's gun control "White Letters". They ment nothing when they are in conflict with existing Law. A President can not add, delete or modify the Law. All Sessions can do per Trumps Memo is make recommendations to Congress for changes in the Law. This would require all the correct Administrative Requirements be done, including publishing it in the Federal Register and 90 day public comment period.

The Real Problem is the gun grabbing politicians want to open the NFA/CGA for changes. This is when they will push for their gun free Utopia: Ban and confiscate everything, mandatory NFA Type registration for the few privileged "Cut Outs".

After their tantrum, they will offer a "common sense gun safety" compromise: They will make a "active Federal definition for a "AW". Then BAN AWs and 11 rounds and higher feeding devices. Total firearm registration, NFA Type transfers/sales with $ XXX TAX (All transactions), NICS checks for ammo purchase and quantity per month/year limits, $ XXX TAX on firearms and $XX TAX on Ammo per cartridge/shell. Lastly, they will push to recind the Firearms Owners Protection Act. They will bitch like stuck pigs saying WE won't meet them half way!

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jesus! I'm making a killing on gunbroker selling these bumpstocks I was sitting on lol. Thank you Trump!

I'll keep one incase the prices get really stupid

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Huh. Maybe I should be surprised at how easily the members here are taking this. But I'm not.

"If we need bumpstocks for defense then we're screwed." is no different from "if you need 30 rounds for defense then you're screwed anyway."

"I never got into bump stocks" is irrelevant. Speak up for this or don't speak up for anything. You know the goal, and every incremental bit of progress they make is that much closer.

I don't understand why NW Florida and South Alabama never produces any real fighters when it comes to gun rights. Has anyone here even mentioned the little fact that an "assault weapons ban" was introduced in the Florida House the other day? It got voted down, but there wasn't even any talk of it here, because I didn't come around and post it myself.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Huh. Maybe I should be surprised at how easily the members here are taking this. But I'm not.

"If we need bumpstocks for defense then we're screwed." is no different from "if you need 30 rounds for defense then you're screwed anyway."

"I never got into bump stocks" is irrelevant. Speak up for this or don't speak up for anything. You know the goal, and every incremental bit of progress they make is that much closer.

I don't understand why NW Florida and South Alabama never produces any real fighters when it comes to gun rights. Has anyone here even mentioned the little fact that an "assault weapons ban" was introduced in the Florida House the other day? It got voted down, but there wasn't even any talk of it here, because I didn't come around and post it myself.

if you want to get down to it, I believe in no restrictions at all on guns, I think we should own what we want,as many as we can afford..but that is not going to happen..

Top Bottom