• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Penny's Hardware . . . . walked in there when I was 15 with saved money from gassing planes at Pensacola Aviation.
    Walked out with a Universal M1 carbine. IIRC . . . cost me <$60. Couple days later was gassing a plane for a Army Officer that was stationed at Ft. Rucker,and was bragging on my new deer rifle. Next time I saw him he had a case of .30cal carbine ammo for me. Was I in heaven then !! ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Their was no ammo in the Wal mart in Thedore today either, it’s a neighborhood Wal mart and doesn’t even have a sporting goods section, much less firearms, ammo, or even knives.
    But ignore all that the sky is falling I tell you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    bought two from pennys and two from the dinky little mikes on hood drive, back when I was not invisible...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Who remembers when that idiot loaded a used .243 in Penney’s and shot himself in the leg, claiming it was loaded when he picked it up to look at it? He planned to sue.
    Luckily another customer saw him work the bolt just before the shot so all he got out of it was trouble with the cops and a hole in his leg.
    After that, they put all the guns behind the counter.
    I bought a pair of briar pants out of a clearance box there for $4 in the late 80s.
    No telling how long they had been in the store. Looked like they were from the 1960s but they worked.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped in Penny's about '97 or so. They were on their final lap so to speak. Bought some reloading stuff and next time by they were locked up tight.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Penny's Hardware . . . . walked in there when I was 15 with saved money from gassing planes at Pensacola Aviation.
    Walked out with a Universal M1 carbine. IIRC . . . cost me <$60. Couple days later was gassing a plane for a Army Officer that was stationed at Ft. Rucker,and was bragging on my new deer rifle. Next time I saw him he had a case of .30cal carbine ammo for me. Was I in heaven then !! ---- SAWMAN

I used to gas up planes at Pensacola Aviation, 78-79. I didn't make enough to buy gas to get to and from work.

Rick

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Must of been about the same time line they drilled & tapped and installed a Weaver Qwik Point Model R-1 Scope Red Dot on my Belgium Browning A5 Light Twelve bought at the base for around $200.00 or so and installed for around $25.00 or so :laser:

Top Bottom