• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Follow on review from this thread:

https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?44782-Anyone-have-a-TC-Compass

Well, I purchased a TC Compass in .308 for a dang good price not long ago. Finally got to go at least sight it in!!!

Here are some thoughts:

1. The rifle is accurate as all get out! When they give you the 1 MOA out of the box guarantee, it worked like a charm for me at least. I took it out of the box and checked things over, and went to shooting. Didn't even clean it first!

2. It is a light rifle and will have a little more kick with full power rounds! I am using Hornady Custom Lite reduced recoil rounds for my daughter and they work like a charm. The recoil is easily 1/2 a full power round. Makes a .308 feel more like a .223/5.56.

3. Fit and finish is not the best. But for an entry level gun that I plan to tote in the woods or my daughter tote and beat the mess out of it, we'll see how the finish holds up. The bolt action is a little loose and not that smooth. But lock up is tight and good! No problem stripping the round out of the magazine etc... But the bolt pulled all the way back, there is some play into it and not the smoothest!

4. For the price, I am more than thrilled!

With one flimsy table and a single sand bag for stabilization, I was able to shoot 3 shots into two holes touching one another which was about 1/2 MOA at 100 yards! Better shot than with my trusty Remington 700 that I love!

You can see where I walked the round into the bull with covered up splatters. Then the final group!

Gun combo came with a 3-9x40 Vortex Crossfire II scope and Leopold rings. Everything did great!

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_123959176_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20180218_123959176_HDR.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 116
    • 5fc53a4c711a0d5aadab39b721806a19.jpg
      5fc53a4c711a0d5aadab39b721806a19.jpg
      138.2 KB · Views: 121

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank you sir for this review. I have been talking to others that own these guns in different chamberings. I actually got a chance to shoot one at my club last week. It was chambered in 223/5.56.
    My interest was the 204Ruger chambering. I do wish that the offered twist rates were faster. Especially in the 204,5.56,and 7-08.
    The people that I have talked to about this weapon pretty much say the same thing as you re. the accuracy. ---- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you sir for this review. I have been talking to others that own these guns in different chamberings. I actually got a chance to shoot one at my club last week. It was chambered in 223/5.56.
    My interest was the 204Ruger chambering. I do wish that the offered twist rates were faster. Especially in the 204,5.56,and 7-08.
    The people that I have talked to about this weapon pretty much say the same thing as you re. the accuracy. ---- SAWMAN

If you can live with the synthetic stock and the bolt action being a little less than tight, but no problems, I have yet to shoot a more accurate out of the box without any mods! Cold barrel, hot barrel, didn't matter!

Also, a threaded barrel is a nice bonus if you're want to suppress etc...

Edit: Just did a side by side comparison of my Remmy 700 bolt action and this Compass and both have almost the same amount of play. I just think this compass just needs to be shot more to smooth it out!

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FOR ME ---> The syn stock . . . no problem. Rather have "non-wood" anyway in 90% of my guns. Absorbs some effects of recoil. Easier to shape into what you want. Cheaper if you want/need another one. Comes in multiple colors/textures.
    Loose/sloopy bolt ---> As long as it locks up tight and true . . . no prob.
    Threaded ---> a plus. Depending on the chambering,I could possibly add a brake.
    The "issue" for me are the twist rates. ---- SAWMAN

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't been here in a long time but if you want to replace the synthetic stock with something nicer Boyd's makes stocks in a bunch of styles for the compass and venture rifles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom