• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of gun free zones. Gun free zones have attracted and practically invited mass shootings in our country for decades. Gun free zones attract people who would do this because they know they can impose maximum damage at minimum risk. Congress seemed to have thrown all common sense out the window when they passed this law. I guess they thought a shooter would see the "GUN FREE ZONE" sign and just turn around and go home. If the shooters thought they might catch a bullet in the forehead when they walked through the door they probably would have stayed home. Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated that our schools do not have layered security and armed personnel and can only depend on luck of the draw to defend themselves at this point in time. Some nut is going to do this again and all we can do is pray that it is not our kids school. And that scares the shit out of me to have to think like that.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I agree completely. I also think that capable and able teachers should be taught how to defend the lives of students and armed accordingly. I am not saying arm every teacher because there are plenty of teachers that shouldn't be armed. But those that can should be l.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    [h=2]On October 9, the Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) released a revised report showing that 92% of mass public shootings between January 2009 and July 2014 took place in gun-free zones.[/h]The CPRC report was released in response to an Everytown for Gun Safety study claiming only 14% of mass public shootings took place in gun-free zones. Everytown actually claimed 86% of such incidents occurred in places where guns were allowed.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Congress seemed to have thrown all common sense out the window when they passed this law".
    It can be argued that this happened way before this law was passed.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just flip through the TV channels and you will see the country's obsession with murder. Every other channel is a murder this, murder that, forensics, child killer, bakers that kill, who dunits on top of who dunits, murder after murder after murder.

I wonder what pushes people to the brink?

Rick

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The violent video games and TV are driving part of the desensitizing of American youth. Park that along side cop killing rap and demeaning women in the songs, along with too many single parent families with no father present, then add a little liberalism in the mix with the divisivness in the media and hatred of 50% of the population, coupled with being white priveleged that you need to be ashamed of, and there you have it. A weird mix of young boys and girls growing up with gender ambiguiety, no practical direction, no proper nuturing, and devoid of common sense.
    We are in trouble.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The violent video games and TV are driving part of the desensitizing of American youth. Park that along side cop killing rap and demeaning women in the songs, along with too many single parent families with no father present, then add a little liberalism in the mix with the divisivness in the media and hatred of 50% of the population, coupled with being white priveleged that you need to be ashamed of, and there you have it. A weird mix of young boys and girls growing up with gender ambiguiety, no practical direction, no proper nuturing, and devoid of common sense.
    We are in trouble.

excellent condensation of the situation

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25). The law applies to public, private, and parochial elementary schools and high schools, and to non-private property within 1000 feet of them. It provides that the states and their political subdivisions may issue licenses that exempt the licensed individuals from the prohibition.

It was introduced in the U.S. Senate in October 1990 by Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware and was signed into law by President George H.W. Bush.
    Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      162.6 KB · Views: 234

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25). The law applies to public, private, and parochial elementary schools and high schools, and to non-private property within 1000 feet of them. It provides that the states and their political subdivisions may issue licenses that exempt the licensed individuals from the prohibition.

It was introduced in the U.S. Senate in October 1990 by Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware and was signed into law by President George H.W. Bush.
    View attachment 61502

That is the law that established the killing field for anyone deranged, demented, and mentally off their rocker. It works out well for them. They enter an area where they have the absolute advantage. No one shoots back in this target rich environment, and they have absolute cowardly power.
    If you want to commit these dastardly acts, where would you go? Police Station? Gun club? an area where there are armed guards? Heck no! You go to a gun free zone because youre a degeneraqte coward.
    I vote that teachers have mandatory gun safety and marksmanship training before they can get their teaching certificate on the condition that they conceal carry in the classroom every day. Then we remove the rediculous "Gun Free Zone" sign and replace it with "Teachers and Faculty are armed and trained" on the new sign. Come on in!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The only gun free zones I am personally aware of, are those establishments that have a means of detecting, and confiscating, guns from individuals. I don't think many of those places have gotten shot up.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The only gun free zones I am personally aware of, are those establishments that have a means of detecting, and confiscating, guns from individuals. I don't think many of those places have gotten shot up.
    They're referring to places as in schools, airports(not terminals), hospitals, churches etc that are determined by law or the proprietor to be "gun free", as in they don't want firearms on the premises. Now you and I know the only way too keep some jackass or lunatic from bringing a firearm with them is with a metal detector and a armed professional next to it. But most of the public see the signs and obeys the wish, and expects others too do the same.
    I hate to be cliche, but it's a case of the only people the law prevents from doing so are law abiding, while criminals can(and do) ignore it.

I vote that teachers have mandatory gun safety and marksmanship training before they can get their teaching certificate on the condition that they conceal carry in the classroom every day. Then we remove the rediculous "Gun Free Zone" sign and replace it with "Teachers and Faculty are armed and trained" on the new sign. Come on in!
    [/QUOTE]
    Only problem I have with this is that we are then forcing our wishes on people who very may well not want to carry a firearm. It's the opposite extreme of not allowing anyone to carry a firearms because someone personally finds them scary/unnessecary. How about we just allow them the choice of carrying if properly licensed?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Every school in this area is a gun free zone. The one where 17 kids got murdered was a gun free zone.
    The coach that shielded those kids and got shot 5 times couldnt carry a firearm because it was a gun free zone.
    If he had been armed the outcome just might have been different.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    [/QUOTE]
    Only problem I have with this is that we are then forcing our wishes on people who very may well not want to carry a firearm. It's the opposite extreme of not allowing anyone to carry a firearms because someone personally finds them scary/unnessecary. How about we just allow them the choice of carrying if properly licensed?[/QUOTE]

I dont disgree with what you are saying. In fact I completely understand.
    Long story short, yes, allowing them to make a choice is ok with me. Its a start as long as the schools are adequately protected.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Of course if a teacher is opposed or not competent with a gun they would not be forced to carry. When I cannot by law carry on a property it is a gun free zone, the bad guys know that.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, there was a bill in for legislature that would allow school superintendents to authorize people too carry on campus, but it got pulled by the sponsor. The links 3 days old so I assume he canned it yesterday or today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/347743002

Edit: I heard on the radio that the bill would allow the super to allow it, one of the arguements was the amount of combat veterans who are now teaching.

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Of course if a teacher is opposed or not competent with a gun they would not be forced to carry. When I cannot by law carry on a property it is a gun free zone, the bad guys know that.

Thanks Frank. I was assuming that is what people classify as a gun free zone. But maybe some disagree.
    I agree with you and thanks for saying it better than I did.

Top Bottom