• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Anyone have any opinions/experience with this round?

grabagun has the gen2 RPR in 6mm for $890..... just looking for ways to spend my money "better"

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No expierance . . . BUT . . . understanding the ballistics part of this,I look at the 6C as another 243Win and the 6.5C like another 260Rem. The C's are an answer to a problem that has already been solved.
    On the other hand . . . in a AR action,hardly anybody is chambering in 243Win and 260Rem.
    NOW - - > the RPR. Chambered for the two C's (for me) would be a ho-hum. That is unless the bbls were at least 24 inches and there were a couple more twists per inch than offered. The 6C with a 7 twist shooting the 107's could be interesting.
    BUT Nate, why don't you make up for us a RPR,chambered in 224Valkyrie,with a 6.5 or 7 twist,26" bbl. And of course,the proper throat and free bore.
    Want my deposit now . . . no prob. ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Well anybody can chamber about anything in a bolt gun. Trick is . . . doing it,and having it work adaquately in a AR . . . either large or small action.
    There is also a 6.5-300Wby floating around out there. While it would be a screamer in a RPR,it would not work in the two "normal" sized action AR's.
    What each shooter has got to decide is . . . what is HIS application for a firearm. If it is simply bullet speed,don't go AR. If it is extreme accuracy,don't go AR. Other than that,the different offered chamberings in an AR will pretty much fill your desires.
    At least for now though,if choosing the RPR for your next play toy,you pretty much gotta pick a chambering that will fit a 308Win bolt face. I can however,see that changing in the near future.--- SAWMAN

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One also has to remember that the more overbore a cartridge is the faster the throats shot out . That why them sheep / mountain goat hunters go with ridiculous length barrels so they can set back & rechamber when throat's toast . Like with 284 Win , 264 Win Mag , 220 Swift & 6.5-06 to name a few . The 6.5's because of the fast twist just compound the problem . Hell even the sedate 6.5X55 is considered overbore .

Top Bottom