• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To your point

"WASHINGTON — President Trump stunned Republicans on live television Wednesday by embracing gun control and urging a group of lawmakers at the White House to resurrect gun safety legislation that has been opposed for years by the powerful National Rifle Association and the vast majority of his party.

In a remarkable meeting, the president veered wildly from the N.R.A. playbook in front of giddy Democrats and stone-faced Republicans. He called for comprehensive gun control legislation that would expand background checks to weapons purchased at gun shows and on the internet, keep guns from mentally ill people, secure schools and restrict gun sales from some young adults. He even suggested a conversation on an assault weapons ban."

I love this response from one of the GOP senators

“We’re not ditching any constitutional protections simply because the last person the president talked to today doesn’t like them,” Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska, said in a statement.
    IMO, Trump just showe his true feelings about the 2A. In a fit of emotion, he lost control and let the truth fly.

Re; posts about LE at the shooting scene. I'm fairly certain SOP was followed, if for no other reason, these guys probably want to keep their jobs. As for the SRO, I think his resignation tells his story.

Don't know how these guys were armed or equipped, but a 9 or a .40 would not be my tool of choice against an AR in a head-on confrontation. Although, I'll grant tactics could give the right person with the right training a good chance of coming out on top.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting tidbit, but no need to let any pesky details blunt the call for a "high" capacity magazine ban. "Never let a serious crisis go to waste" and all.
    The Parkland shooter did not use magazines larger than 10 rounds, but gun-reform lobbyists are calling on lawmakers to ban higher-capacity magazines after the Valentine’s Day tragedy.

The 19-year-old school shooter who killed 17 in Florida on Valentine’s Day had 150 rounds of ammunition in 10-round magazines. Larger ones would not fit in his bag, Florida state senator Lauren Book revealed.

Report: Parkland Shooter Did Not Use High-Capacity Magazines

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't Vote Trump in the Primaries but did Vote for him over hitlery. Back in 2015, I posted:

Trump*supported stricter gun control measures in his 2000 book including the AWB and again when he ran in 2012 his position was to restrict the sale of assualt type weapons. So he is not getting your vote either, right? He is flipping just to get your support. Now he says he supports National CWP and law abiding citizens should be able to have any type of gun they want. Just a political whore pandering for votes. A skunk can't change his stripe, and his suckers will be stuck with the stench when he flips back. Its all about his ego. Just wants to add the title to his name. Just one term to be in the history books. As such, he will not have any reservations about breaking his word or flipping back to his true colors.* Ref: http://wwlp.com/2015/09/19/trumps-la...n-gun-control/

I don't regret my vote but knew what was coming down the road. Still time to get his head right, he talks a lot on some issues that go nowhere: shuts up the talking heads by putting in someone elses Box. I'll wait till the fat lady sings and Trump signs off on it.
    GCGF Thread
    https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?29864-Trump-on-guns/page4&highlight=Trump

IMO, Trump just showe his true feelings about the 2A. In a fit of emotion, he lost control and let the truth fly.....

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clicky Linky for FBI transcrupt

And so really, gentlemen, this is the bottom line. In the aftermath, Donald Trump came out and tweeted "see something. say something" and then he, and others, went into gun control mode. Where he actually stands, your guess is good as mine. Path of least resistance is what I think, because hes got a world of other problems, but lets not get sidetracked.

The truth is apparent. No amount of gun control laws, or people calling in about this crazy ass dude would have made a difference. I mean the caller in the link....did mention that he had guns, and became unhinged after his mother died and.... -crap please just read the transcript in the link.

Crazy people gonna be crazy. We're actually not interesting in addressing that as either a nation, so let it be. They are what they are. However, with that established:

Law enforcement failed to coral this guy on both federal and county levels on dozens of occasions. There were multiple calls to the FBI saying he could cork off at any time, and at least 40 calls to the sheriff, for various crazy shit, at least a few of which involved him holding guns to people's heads.

And nobody will be punished for it for it. FBI peeps are going to just move on to something else. SRO retired with about $50K /yr, pension, and the sheriff will float away on a golden parachute to a new job somewhere else.

So yea, restricting magazines or bumpstocks, to solve it? Ridiculous!

Lets let the responsibility lie where it belongs. An entire chain of people, who if any one of them had done the job they were getting paid for, could have prevented this.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone else see the reports that this Cruz mfer was associated with a white nationalist group?

https://www.google.com/amp/insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/60274

I saw it on a cbs link but figured this source would get a warmer reception.

Man associated with Parkland gunman arrested by authorities

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Authorities have arrested the self-proclaimed leader of the Republic of Florida after serving a search warrant in the Piney Z neighborhood.

Typical white nationalist/supremacist :

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ....Don't know how these guys were armed or equipped, but a 9 or a .40 would not be my tool of choice against an AR in a head-on confrontation. Although, I'll grant tactics could give the right person with the right training a good chance of coming out on top.

I pretty much agree with what you have to say, except it's their job to confront the bad guy no matter what he had. I'm sure as a cop, he was trained. His actions proved he didn't have the guts to do his job....

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I pretty much agree with what you have to say, except it's their job to confront the bad guy no matter what he had. I'm sure as a cop, he was trained. His actions proved he didn't have the guts to do his job....
    I'm sure someone from the LE side will come along with better info, but in many cases, I do not believe protecting the public is an actual job requirement. That may be department specific, don't know for sure. We just assume it is policy because that's how it was when we were kids. Times have changed. Then we had police, now we have law enforcement. If you've lived long enough, you know the difference.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure someone from the LE side will come along with better info, but in many cases, I do not believe protecting the public is an actual job requirement. That may be department specific, don't know for sure. We just assume it is policy because that's how it was when we were kids. Times have changed. Then we had police, now we have law enforcement. If you've lived long enough, you know the difference.

Random example:

"My number one concern is safety and making sure I get to go home to my family at night," said Patrolman David Spradling of the Richmond Police Department.

This is true everywhere now, and not at all a secret.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to SCOTUS: Police don't. There are Agency exceptions, like the Female Secret Service Agent on the Executive Protection Detail that said she wouldn't take a bullet for Trump and was reassigned. Violated "Duty Requirement".

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally speaking the duty to protect the public in general does not require the police to respond in a certain way to any one particular incident. An exception would be when the authorities tell the 911 caller we are on our way. But even then the police cannot be busted for being slow in their response unless it is really really damn slow.

One other exception that I am aware of is high speed chases. A lot of innocent folks get killed or injured in those events. Almost all agencies now have a policy in place specifying when a high speed chase is permitted. A violation of that policy may give rise to a legal action against the police.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    nice kid.....

not.
    freak has a 17yr head on a 12 yr body, and the brain of a california liberal

a 2017 Reddit post, ‘March For Our Lives’ gun control activist David Hogg celebrates the fact that mosquitoes kill “billions” of people as being “great for the environment”.
    Another user on the site asked the question, “What is a positive reason for mosquitoes to exist?” to which Hogg responded, “They kill humans, billions of them, which is great for the environment.” The post was made eight months ago.
    https://www.infowars.com/david-hogg-reddit-post-celebrates-mosquitoes-killing-billions-of-humans/

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He looks like David Byrne of the Talking Heads. Always thought their music sucked as well.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    He's a puppet for the media. He's a convenient mouthpiece with the filterless irreverence and energy of an obstinant teenager. He's feeding off the attention and media because that's exactly what he wants to be when he finally one-day grows up. He's just a punk who thinks not getting shot makes him an expert.

His parents should be held accountable for allowing their kid to be whored-out to the media machine. These actions will follow him forever, and the impact won't be favorable.

But, when he turns 18, we can all direct the full measure of venomous judgement at him because he's an "adult" magically at that point, right?

Until then, that brat kid should really just shut the fuck up. He's worse than a crying baby on an airplane. At least the baby probably has something that is actually bothering it...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    He's a puppet for the media. He's a convenient mouthpiece with the filterless irreverence and energy of an obstinant teenager. He's feeding off the attention and media because that's exactly what he wants to be when he finally one-day grows up. He's just a punk who thinks not getting shot makes him an expert.

His parents should be held accountable for allowing their kid to be whored-out to the media machine. These actions will follow him forever, and the impact won't be favorable.

But, when he turns 18, we can all direct the full measure of venomous judgement at him because he's an "adult" magically at that point, right?

Until then, that brat kid should really just shut the fuck up. He's worse than a crying baby on an airplane. At least the baby probably has something that is actually bothering it...

but the students in that school who hold 2nd amendment rights to be valid, and have progun views are shunned and ignored...

who is pressuring the media's sponsors to stop their sponsorship?

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Its a Proven fact...........LIBERALS/Demoncrats ARE INHERENTLY VIOLENT. LIBERTARIANS ARE INHERENTLY PEACEFUL. Many Repubnantcans are really Libertaarians.... That HOGG kid is VIOLENT TO HIS BONES..

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hogg has wanted to be a CNN News flunky for his entire teen life and actively worked towards that goal. He will soon have to decide if he wants to continue into broadcast journalism or a career with anti gun orgs.

Anybody recall the movie"Ace in the hole" (1951)? Its about a mine cave in that traps one person. A reporter manipulates people and their authority in order to stretch out the rescue, and his story by-line (and his fame) until the trapped guy dies. This is what Hogg is doing: milking an event for personal gain. He is more of an opportunist than a victim.

Top Bottom