• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Precision Rifle Foam Insert for Pelican 1750

Some thoughts on my initial outings with the Eaton Tactical Pre cut Foam Insert for the 1750 case.

I have been cutting my own case foam since I started using Pelican 1750 cases. I came across Eaton Tactical on Instagram and bought an insert for my POF P-308. I asked mr. Eaton if he had plans to build a precision rifle insert. I'm sure I'm not the first one or the only one that he was discussing this with. We discussed the equipment that I wanted to have in the case with the rifle. Mr. Eaton sent me this prototype to see how it worked with different stock configurations.

Shipping and packaging: the inserts arrive I. A heavy plastic wrap/bag heat sealed on both ends. Inside, the inserts are in a clear plastic wrap sealed on both ends. The packaging works well for shipping.

When it's removed from the packaging, it fits right in the case. The precision rifle foam set includes 3 foam inserts.
    1. A solid bottom layer
    2. An intermediate layer with all cut outs. One end of this layer is cut to fit around the wheels on the Pelican 1750.
    3. The third layer has all of the cutouts and is the last one stacked in the bottom of the case. You could call this the top layer.
    4. The lid uses the OEM Pelican foam that originally came with the case

So, the short answer is it works very well. The only rifle that doesn't fit in it without trimming is the AI chassis. That's going to require the knife.

Since this is a prototype, some input from everyone would be appreciated.

1. Carry the rifle scope up toward the handle or scope down toward the hinges.
    2. What cutouts need to be in the case? In other words what equipment do you want to carry in your 1750 case with the rifle?

1. Rifle
    2. Bolt separate from rifle
    3. Sunshade
    4. Bipod.
    5. Suppressor. Bare or in suppressor cover or in Heat proof pouch?
    6. Cleaning kit
    7. Laser range finder
    8. Dope book. How big is your book?
    9. Magazines
    10. Cleaning rod

What should be in the case with the rifle? Any thoughts?

5329801574fc6b8865a5b31eea644495.jpg

547939276966df1d8f6c24b15951ebcf.jpg

bac2e3ac7d7f1c923c2dfc6d28e26fe4.jpg

4e1f4a4181c800fa1f5dc6f6acff4f06.jpg

e09067dec5a1a16087274ddfd32073d1.jpg

31f6e5e7c3b0aa36d3eb67e8ad8ad79b.jpg

fd6719868a84f03e03f8e3e9b6ce5026.jpg

c53c8a52bad63ae14931e4bf4cf0f7e9.jpg

2fc184c26e524107b616e4e5f5025097.jpg

1968a15c1888446d71ecdf795137843f.jpg

d6d1c33403ff1945ece5c97ced65b0f4.jpg

43269ef1117cedde3fb5fc6db8b5c63f.jpg

2304007159452748cf24dcb5269e93ac.jpg

72fd46545758a8e07ff0b53994f7c6e3.jpg

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I prefer to carry my cleaning kit separate from inside my rifle cases. But that's just me. My luck, cleaning solution or something will leak and get all on the scope's glass. And I also prefer to position heavy/metal objects to be kept away from the rifles finish (barrel too) and scope to prevent accidental damage/scratches.
    But what you have looks good, and I'm sure it will preform as intended.

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I prefer to carry my cleaning kit separate from inside my rifle cases. But that's just me. My luck, cleaning solution or something will leak and get all on the scope's glass. And I also prefer to position heavy/metal objects to be kept away from the rifles finish (barrel too) and scope to prevent accidental damage/scratches.
    But what you have looks good, and I'm sure it will preform as intended.
    I wonder if keeping the oils in a Ziploc bag would capture any leakage? It would also be below the scope when the case was being carried

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, I use an old military mechanics bag for storing the cleaning kits and solutions just to be on the safer side. My brother keeps his in his range bag. But is stored in separate compartment away from the pistols. Still could leak thru and get on them, but each to their own. There's times I will leave my rifle in the case for a year without removing it. So if it spilled, and got onto the glass, it'd damage the lens coatings, might even eat away the seal? Just isn't worth it to me to keep stuff stored with a firearm. My scopes costs more than my rifles, so there you go.
    I do keep silica gel bags in my case as well, which you might could add a spot for yours too?
    g/l

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I carry mine scope to handle, bolt out, sunshade on scope, 3 Mags, and sun drape. I keep cleaning items (optics too) in a Tipton box along with some tools. Data books, bipods, rear bags, Kestral etc. ....all in a backpack. There is a cleaning rod cut in each case but I normally drop them in sealed pvc tubes

your set up looks good to me

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDK, I use an old military mechanics bag for storing the cleaning kits and solutions just to be on the safer side. My brother keeps his in his range bag. But is stored in separate compartment away from the pistols. Still could leak thru and get on them, but each to their own. There's times I will leave my rifle in the case for a year without removing it. So if it spilled, and got onto the glass, it'd damage the lens coatings, might even eat away the seal? Just isn't worth it to me to keep stuff stored with a firearm. My scopes costs more than my rifles, so there you go.
    I do keep silica gel bags in my case as well, which you might could add a spot for yours too?
    g/l
    That's very true if you store the rifle in the case.

The silica gel is a good idea that I haven't considered. I wonder how much you need for that whole case

Last edited:

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry mine scope to handle, bolt out, sunshade on scope, 3 Mags, and sun drape. I keep cleaning items (optics too) in a Tipton box along with some tools. Data books, bipods, rear bags, Kestral etc. ....all in a backpack. There is a cleaning rod cut in each case but I normally drop them in sealed pvc tubes

your set up looks good to me
    What does the sun drape look like?

If it is what I think it is, I could use something like that during certain parts of the year

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The pelican is supposed to be airtight so you don't need a whole lot of it. I use a small metal one that can be reactivated in the oven, which is good for a bit over 3 or 4 cu feet, plenty for an airtight 2 cu ft pelican. :D

Top Bottom