• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been looking at getting another 9mm with similar size as my Glock 19. Every time I find something that seems interesting I price the mags and I lean towards just getting a second 19. The 2 front runners right now are either another G19 or a M&P 2.0 compact so I can use mags that I already own. I have been thinking about getting a CZ P07 but start getting second thoughts every time I price extra mags.

Are there any other obvious choices that I am overlooking? I wish the Beretta Storm would accept the 92 magazines. I would like to at least have 5 magazines for any "high capacity" pistol that I own. The price difference in five Glock mags and five CZ or similar mags really makes my decision difficult especially since I am a tight wad.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Uh, what type of pistol are you looking for? Polymer framed, tradition double action, New vs used, price etc?

Smith and Wesson third gens, like a 5906 is pretty close in size and in alloy frame in weight also. I believe mec gar magazines should be around 20$. Daewoo 51/lion heart also take the same mags, though they don't fit flush and I've read don't accept the 17 round mags.
    A 92fs compact is also close in size and takes 92 mags, and also has a supply from mec gar.
    A walther p99 or ppq is the same size and weight and cdnn had magazines for around 20$ a while ago, and used sw99 mags for less. If you get a m1(paddle release) you can use mags for p99, ppq, magnum research mr99 and sw99. In fact for both of my p99 I bought new sw99 mags for spares, 10$ a piece for compact and 15$ for full size.
    I know this is blasphemy, but Smith's sd9ve will take sw9/sigma mags and I've seen them go for 25$ on some of the big online stores(at least buds).

Ebay is a good source for old stock/dead stock, so if you get a model that's been around for a while check there. The most I've paid for a magazine is 30$ after shipping, which was for a new in package factory 9 round mag for a 639.

These are just the ones I've personally had and have shopped for mags.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am mostly looking at polymer frame guns. I don't really need anything else but figure I may get something else while the getting is good. A gun I handled today that looks quite interesting is a Canik TP9SF Elite. 15 rounds, great trigger and mags seem to be had for less than $30. The gun comes with 2 mags and can be bought for about $350.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It may pay to be patient, Springfield hk fn sw have all passed out magazines in the last year and it looks like prices haven't bottomed out yet.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Springfield pistols are hard to beat...wouldn't surprise me if they do one of those 'gear up' deals soon again. I bought two on those deals and they are reliable, I shoot them both real well and have extra magazines...6 for my XD .40 service model and 4 for my XD Mod 2 3" carry pistol...pictured below

IMG_0013.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
      IMG_0013.JPG
      43.1 KB · Views: 133

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Consider the Ruger P-series, all of the 9mm going back to the P-85 still,use the same magazine. P-95 is polymer. Heck I still have half a dozen of those mags lying around...

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I am mostly looking at polymer frame guns. I don't really need anything else but figure I may get something else while the getting is good. A gun I handled today that looks quite interesting is a Canik TP9SF Elite. 15 rounds, great trigger and mags seem to be had for less than $30. The gun comes with 2 mags and can be bought for about $350.
    Someone let me shoot their Canik TP9SF Elite last week. I was very pleased how well it shot. It shot just as well as my M&P and Walther PPQ. Pretty close to my CZ.

xenscott

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SIG P226. The Mec-Gars are less expensive than the SIG branded and are better. (Mec-Gar is a primary vendor for SIG factory mags in Europe.)

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    M&p 17rd mags have popped at gunmag warehouse and botach for $20 several times in recent memory. Sometimes a little under. I've not been tracking the 15rd mags.

The Glock pmags are easily under $14 for standard capacity. They've got some higher capacity options that are a little more expensive

Top Bottom